The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 125 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

It's a much of muchness to me. I seriously doubt Mings has done any better than most of the centre halves in there. White has apparently had a good season in a side that finished what? 5th? Makes more sense than Mings who has had a decent at very best season and finished 14th.

The only major mystery is Maguire who is a shambolic player and one of the worst defenders in any top flight league in Europe but he must have some sort of sex tape, perhaps involving Southgate's mrs, in his possession.
Old Slabhead has never let Southgate down, so rather than risk introducing someone new, he’s gone with what he knows - same with Pickford. There’s nothing sinister about it, just opinions, and Southgate is the one making the decisions. For a forum that generally professes not to follow Engerland, we have a lot of opinions about them 🤣

Can't see him going to Newcastle, he doesn't get on with Eddie Howe does he? I thought he was the whole reason he was happy to get out of Bournemouth and join us on loan originally.

Not even that Dan Burn has taken LCB and I doubt they'd push him to LB to fit Mings in or worse yet have two left-footed CBs. Maybe he wants a 3 man backline but even still I wouldn't play two left-footed players in central positions.

I read a couple of tweets from journos saying that SG was considering who should be captain and that it may not be Mings, the fact that Smith himself dropped him for the Southampton game (I think) also points to his captaincy being a bit shaky.

He got dropped for the west ham game and just like every other game he's not started since he joined the club we got beat. 4-1 at home, Konsa was sent off and Hause should have been sent off for forearm smashing someone. Christ thinking about it we've had some rank results this year. Terrible season.

He got dropped for the west ham game and just like every other game he's not started since he joined the club we got beat. 4-1 at home, Konsa was sent off and Hause should have been sent off for forearm smashing someone. Christ thinking about it we've had some rank results this year. Terrible season.
the defence falls apart (more) when Mings is absent

I saw something that was taken from an article on the Athletic saying that apparently Mings doesn't want to leave, loves it at Villa and he's in Gerrards plans.

He's probably thinking he'll be damned leaving just as we finally get a player in to actually protect the back four

There are times when he does things that worry me but at the end of the day I think he is still a a very good player.
Moving forward we need a good squad and not just the starting eleven.
With Cash, Chambers and Konsa covering the right side then Mings, Carlos and Digne the left. I think we have a good six players to cover the back four places.
Its impossible to play them all and somebody will have to accept being back up.
Targett wanted to be first choice and moved on when told he would'nt be.
I hope Mings accepts that the club is moving forward and he can be a part of it, challenging for a place in the side.
How many times have we said how weak the bench is. Well the top clubs bring in better players but still keep the players they already have to make up the squad.