The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 124 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Tom Collomosse who is usually a pretty good source for Villa related stuff says that we are in for another defensive player (whether that's a defender or another defensive midfielder is up for debate), but if it is another defender, then I think Tyrone will be off.

Tom Collomosse who is usually a pretty good source for Villa related stuff says that we are in for another defensive player (whether that's a defender or another defensive midfielder is up for debate), but if it is another defender, then I think Tyrone will be off.
might be Konsa who's had a dire season and is inferior to Mings

he isn't though and is 5 years younger than Mings - as we're loading up on oldies it might be handy to hang onto the younger one.
I don't think Mings will want to hang around if he's not first choice
(or if that is in doubt) - we'll see I guess

Reactions: TLP
:wagging: It is because he does not deserve to be there at all. Now I hope we get a reliable CB who can lead by example without defensive blunders to replace him in central defense and also take the captain's armband off him and give to a deserving person for example Emi Martinez.

Bit difficult to decipher this was what you meant from two emojis. Silly old us .

Is this the same Konsa who 90% of Villans wanted in the England squad instead of Mings and Spurs were allegedly looking at? Funny everyone who plays alongside Mings is shit. How long before Chambers is the next shit one. Might just be SG has finally sussed the problem. Hence him says Mings is Captain until he decides on a permanent one. That tells you all you need to know, if he rated him he would have said he is Club captain and my leader but he hasn't backed him

Is this the same Konsa who 90% of Villans wanted in the England squad instead of Mings and Spurs were allegedly looking at? Funny everyone who plays alongside Mings is shit. How long before Chambers is the next shit one. Might just be SG has finally sussed the problem. Hence him says Mings is Captain until he decides on a permanent one. That tells you all you need to know, if he rated him he would have said he is Club captain and my leader but he hasn't backed him

Most of the players have been labelled shit this season at some point. And such labels have gathered momentum post Xmas. Post Xmas we have struggled , post Xmas SG has struggled to implement his tactics and methods and the whole squad has underwhelmed apart from probably Cash and PC. Couple of others in flashes. Really don’t think it is as simple as just this player is shit, that player is shit, end of. We must look at SG and his set up of the team as a factor. With a full pre season, new signings in key areas etc, etc we will really see.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Tarkowski and Bassey arrive to add to Carlos. Neither Mings nor Konsa have the physicality or aggression for me.
If we do sign Tarkowski then Mings is done.

In all of the footage I'm watching of Diego Carlos he's left sided centre half, will be intriguing to see how we line up in pre-season.

Not sure if I imagined this but didn't SG talk about the need for a new captain at some point last season?

If we do sign Tarkowski then Mings is done.

In all of the footage I'm watching of Diego Carlos he's left sided centre half, will be intriguing to see how we line up in pre-season.

Not sure if I imagined this but didn't SG talk about the need for a new captain at some point last season?

Now is the time to wheel and deal , Mings to Newcastle with Targett get enough money to more than pay for Carlos, Coutinho, Tarkowski and Kamara in for free and we still have the TV money and Jack's fee to pay with.
Got to be better than giving players away all the time

Yes he did say he was waiting to see who he would give the permanent Captaincy to, as he hadn't made up his mind, so bye Tyrone thanks for everything over the last 3 years but we move on up

Last edited:
Just read in the Birmingham Mail that Newcastle are ready to swoop with a 30m yes £30m bid for Tyrone Mings after missing out on Diego Carlos.

Start the car and we'll pick up Target on the way !!

Gotta be more than 30 million quid for Mings?.

Is he 50 million less than slab head ?.

Out of all of our defenders he is the most likely to fuck up, and is a coward, especially when he is part of a defensive wall during free kicks. Yet his fans see him as a "leader", which I disagree with unless by leader they mean a leader in fuckups !

Mings is going nowhere , he is club captain and will be when we kick off in August. Leader.
My thoughts entirely. Reckon Gerrard is only keeping the captainship open to avoid it appearing Mings is getting it by default.

With Konsa out and Hause probably off we'll have 3 potential CBs, all very good, a comfortable place to be.