The Trezeguet Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

I think Trez maybe has more chance of kicking on than say Traore because he does more of the defending and tracking back that Gerrard seems to like in the way that we play tactically. For me though it's his attacking contribution that needs enhancing.

I wonder if he would be/could be better as a right wing back instead of an out and out right winger. Maybe his defence game isn't good enough for that.

If Gerrard, in a few short weeks, has got Nakamba being probably our player of the month, I'm sure him and his coaching team can iron out Trez 's rough edges. One thing he won't have to worry about is his energy and enthusiasm, think he must be on the John McGinn diet 😁

If Gerrard, in a few short weeks, has got Nakamba being probably our player of the month, I'm sure him and his coaching team can iron out Trez 's rough edges. One thing he won't have to worry about is his energy and enthusiasm, think he must be on the John McGinn diet 😁
I'm afraid that Trez isn't technically good enough to be coached. Love him to bits for his vital goals and his energy, but we've moved beyond him as a starter. No way is he a wing back IMHO. Time to move on from him and thank him for the memories - remember that he'd always score just after we'd said how shit he was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He'll probably be off to the AFCON in January. Will be a good chance to put himself in the shop window as Egypt usually do well

I'm afraid that Trez isn't technically good enough to be coached. Love him to bits for his vital goals and his energy, but we've moved beyond him as a starter. No way is he a wing back IMHO. Time to move on from him and thank him for the memories - remember that he'd always score just after we'd said how shit he was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Get the winner off the bench Saturday? 🤞

Who knows. Maybe he has seen a youtube highlights clip of Trez
Probably something stupid like that or he was trying one of these managerial masterstrokes , hopefully he's now seen enough of him and Bert to realis they aren't ever going to be starters for a club with top 6 ambitions

It was a strange one considering Chucky has been coming on as sub previously.

Not sure what the thinking was and the dive was embarrassing. As said he had got himself into a decent position as well.

Despised the cheating before.

Genuinely can't remember if he was ever any good for us, at any time... at all?!?!?!

I can only think that if we’re possibly going to try to blow big money on a winger such as Dwight McNeil, Steven wanted to see what we’d already got before they jetted off.

Despised the cheating before.

Genuinely can't remember if he was ever any good for us, at any time... at all?!?!?!
When he first started playing for us he was bloody useless but he was undeniably one of the heroes of our survival season post lockdown where he scored 5 or 6 crucial goals that directly contributed to us staying up. Back to type last season and largely useless before his bad injury.

In many ways he mirrors Marcus Allback's time here, utter shite until near the end of his debut season, basically keeps us up and then back to being shite.