The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

This will take time to gel . Lots of new and very individual players.
Patience will be required, do not expect instant results.

Yep, I expect instant results. McGinn looked good from the moment he stepped onto the pitch. El Ghazi looked fine. These are the sort of players who are used to having an impact. They will.

It is what it is, they will take time to bed in. The defence remains disjointed and porous. I'm not counting any chickens this side of Christmas

I had actually. Its partly why I'm just fed up of Bruce. But he is our manager for better or worse and he now has the players to control a game and quite frankly blow most teams in this league away. If you don't think he can get good players to play together then I'd say you have an even poorer opinion of him than I do Silhill.

Just watched the video of all of his goals....he's a real poacher... only problem is kodija won't pass and the crosses won't come in... and if it's anything like the burton game, there'll be no shots for him to poach! Fingers crossed it all works out and we signed the Bristol version and not the Swansea one!

Let's hope he can control a ball dropping from 60ft in the Villa park sky.
He can obviously score all types of goals mainly the scruffy ones which is something we haven't had since DB9

I had actually. Its partly why I'm just fed up of Bruce. But he is our manager for better or worse and he now has the players to control a game and quite frankly blow most teams in this league away. If you don't think he can get good players to play together then I'd say you have an even poorer opinion of him than I do Silhill.

Well put. How I feel.
Not having this time to gel stuff again. Heard it with RDM, heard it with Bruce in first season and heard it again last season. All occasions we failed.
So when will we not have to wait for the players to gel?. If we fail again this season it will be all change again and it will be the same, loans go back new players in and we have time to 'gel' again.

We cannot afford to wait again. It will not suffice to be playing catch up again . We need to be doing it as of now.

"Time to gel"? I seem to remember a certain Ron Atkinson bringing in a whole new team one year. Didnt do too bad either did we ?

And to a lesser extent Pukelis at Boro.
In at Xmas. Go them into play offs and up flying already .

Today is a huge indicator for me. Win and we will have had a decent start but bear in mind who we played.
Draw or lose it's a crap start again given who we have played.
Needless pressure at this stage but Bruce and the players have brought it on themselves I'm afraid.