The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

Thought Tammy getting that award today was class. Thoroughly deserved though. Think the club's doing a good job in keeping players thinking they're appreciated.
Agreed, and well deserved.
Whatever happens these next few weeks, again like last season it's been great entertainment. Even if we don't go up, this set up will get us there soon. Utv VTID , COYVB's

I have watched that penalty over and over again. That guy has ice in his veins and never showed an inkling of anxiety as he walked up to take the most important kick of his career to date. Everyone else in the stadium and watching on TV will have been having butterflies - I couldn't watch and my missus was having palpitations - but not Tammy. He just focused on the task and picked his spot.
It was a case of the Iceman Cometh. If we have a penalty at Wembley, then I know who will grab the ball to take it.
Respect man - total respect ????

I think that sums it up nicely. Its funny really because I should feel devastated that a twenty six goal scorer probably wont play for us next season but for whatever reason that I cant put my finger on, I am not.

Not fussed , don't think he's all that . Loved his passion for the Villa at times but his all round game is not that good.
Strange thing was that when Villa started to play well Tammy virtually stopped scoring . I think he got six on the run in and was way off the pace , he could have been carrying an injury I suppose .

His hold up play at points was like watching a kid trying to learn to walk, let alone play with a football, but given it's not unfair to say the goals dried up, could that be because he was focusing more on team play rather than the true poacher that came naturally to him?

He has the natural finishing ability...it's about the other side of his game now and at his age it only takes work as he's 6-8 years off in reality from being considered a finished product.

We need a premier league proven striker. We can't afford to wait and see if Tammy is one.

I wouldn't spend that much on him. It could be a massive waste. Ruthless given his tally last season but that's top level football. No time for sentiment from last season. I think we will dodge a bullet if Chelsea won't sell.

He is very good at being in the right place but many other areas to improve and next season isn't the time to muck around, not in such a crucial position.

Unbelievable - first time since time donkeys years ago that someone scored so many goals [sure he missed quite a few] and he's slagged off for being u/s at holding up hoof balls - don't f**king play that way then

Unbelievable - first time since time donkeys years ago that someone scored so many goals [sure he missed quite a few] and he's slagged off for being u/s at holding up hoof balls - don't f**king play that way then

In the PL in particular but at any level of the game, if you lose the ball up top it generally comes back at you pretty quickly (unless you’re playing a Paul Lambert side). It’s pretty ruthless from the posters but I agree with them, his hold up play needs to improve or Jack, El Ghazi, Jota whoever will not get a look in. On the topic of Jota, he’s only effective with players in close proximity who can take his pass and find him again with his movement from what I’ve seen.

Also on his goal to chances to ratio, I saw games where it was 1:5, in the top flight we may not get 5 chances as a team so we have to be more clinical.

Last edited:
He's not one of our own , we don't own him, he, wants to play for Chelsea . He owes us nothing and we owe him thanks but it's time to move on.
The beauty of the loan system is we can hand him back .
I'm sure we wouldn't be so keen on Billy Sharp or Pukki both who have outscored Tammy as they would be labeled as not good enough. I think the fact that he's a Chelsea player is clouding the picture but as I've said before he's not a Chelsea player as he hasn't had a look in there . Would we be so keen if he was a Swansea loanee and they wanted 25m for their cast off?

I do find it amazing that people seem to have such a low opinion of our best goal scorer since Peter Withe.

Yes he has areas of his game he can improve but he's still young and still learning and will get better.

Putting the ball in the net is one of the hardest things in football and this guy does it for fun, so don't give me this crap about his 'all round game'.

Gary Shaw would have been sold to Walsall if you lot had your way!

Pull up trees! Sign him up!!! Then, coach him and make him better!

I do find it amazing that people seem to have such a low opinion of our best goal scorer since Peter Withe.

Yes he has areas of his game he can improve but he's still young and still learning and will get better.

Putting the ball in the net is one of the hardest things in football and this guy does it for fun, so don't give me this crap about his 'all round game'.

I agree with this sentiment - he will improve quickly once his future is decided as it must have been playing on his mind.

You put that better than me.

It's the other side of his game he needs to develop, but at his age that is only a matter of time.

Pukki, Sharp, Gayle are effectively finished products if I've got their ages right, Tammy is nowhere near yet.

I know what you mean about Tammy. I paid much more attention to the second half of the season than the first and Tammy didn't strike me as a world beater. Still, there aren't many options out there. What we have isn't good enough (at the moment, I'm still hopeful that Davis will come good). Buying in that lad from Spain is much riskier than signing Tammy. Still, it looks like Chelsea will have to keep him with the embargo so it's all academic.

All hail the lad from Spain.

I've seen some great strikers in a Villa shirt over the last 52 years , Tammy isn't in the top 10 . It's more than just quantity of Goals , more about Quality.

Andy Gray "the first time" was my favourite of the Goalscorers , I actually shed tears when he left. Sir Brian was the most talented player striker wise . Gary was the best all round striker . Andy Lochhead was an absolute legend. Yorkie was just brilliant , Dean Saunders what a poacher, Big Christian the list is endless