The Taming of the Shrews: The sequel. | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Taming of the Shrews: The sequel.

Might be me but
I don't think hughes was his usual self other day
Could have been pitch or might have been pressure as a young lad being captain getting to him
I would give him a break and bring in kerr
So he can recharge his battery's
But hey what do I know

about the refs and how oxford fans saw them to. i forgot to put in the link to the bbc site. as my lad reminded me.

one of the comenters just cant keep awey from there. or heer. 😉

I went on the site after the comments on your last post & it was interesting to see that they thought the ref was shite as well.....so not just us thinking he was shite

Don't wish to be contentious, but just what is it that Goode has done so wrong to get people against him so soon ?
For me I wouldn't say that there is anything specific that he's done or that it's particularly his fault but the fact that he's not particularly brought anything special to the team to deserve inclusion over Morrison and that since he's come in for whatever reason it seems to have upset us somehow defensively and we are conceding far more goals.

The defenders need more protection from midfield and also need to get out quicker to close down the opposition. If you’re close to the opponent they’re less likely to take the shot on, if they do shoot any deflections will be easier for the keeper as he has more time to adjust. The goals against us have been when the ball was already travelling and has been deflected.

I feel for the keeper as we’re facing lots of shots from in and around the edge of the box which aren’t being closed down well enough. Many of the goals we’ve conceded recently would’ve been avoided if we weren’t giving opposition attacker so much time and space.
... and yet someone is calling for him to be dropped in an earlier post!!! Talk about "tinkering" that would be change for changes sake!!!

Might be me but
Could have been pitch or might have been pressure as a young lad being captain getting to him
But hey what do I know
I have thought for a number of weeks that Hughes' standard has dropped. He's only a young lad (despite his physicality) and maybe the season is taking its toll on him. Maybe a game or two's rest would do him the world of good, but who knows?

The next 4 games are going to be 'battle royale's'
against teams below us and Bolton looking for revenge after the drubbing we gave them early in the Season.

The team will have to 'roll their sleeves up' for the full game
and not 45 mins, we are coming to a vital stage of the Season after the next 4 games and we have to be in a 'good position' as we head into the final games.

The next 4 games are going to be 'battle royale's'
against teams below us and Bolton looking for revenge after the drubbing we gave them early in the Season.

The team will have to 'roll their sleeves up' for the full game
and not 45 mins, we are coming to a vital stage of the Season after the next 4 games and we have to be in a 'good position' as we head into the final games.

Bloody he'll Springy, don't know bout u but I'm absolutely dreading this Noblot game....was same when we were going to there place at beginning of the season, dreading a hammering but coming away with joy of all joys. What will the home leg throw up.....more of the same for us I hope but still dreading it 🤔

Might be me but
But hey what do I know

He didn't look quite as "at it" as he normally does, could have been any number of reasons, but not sure about giving him a rest, think bringing in one of Kerr or Morrison for Goode, would possibly help Charlie

Bloody he'll Springy, don't know bout u but I'm absolutely dreading this Noblot game....was same when we were going to there place at beginning of the season, dreading a hammering but coming away with joy of all joys. What will the home leg throw up.....more of the same for us I hope but still dreading it 🤔
It's time for our team to get 'stuck into' the opposition and not give them acres of room in midfield and then they have a 'free' shooting gallery at our goals.

Even a 'poor' team will take advantage of our 'timidity' in midfield.

Don't wish to be contentious, but just what is it that Goode has done so wrong to get people against him so soon ?
He's managed to drain every bit of confidence from Hughes in a few short games,it's not hard to see that Hughes is too busy worrying more about what Goode is,or isn't doing when he should be concentrating on his own game.He doesn't trust him with the ball and doesn't trust him without the ball.He's way too slow at marking a runner and his passing is as poor as i've seen from a centre half for quite a while.You don't start conceding goals all of a sudden without a reason and sadly that reason is Goode

now thats the milleon dolar ask zakky.
hes pleyed 4 games.
hes 6 foot 5
and just had a shufty at a few stats pages and he comes out a stedy 6.8. ok not brill but better than some of are other pleyers.
i think some have a downer cos he has missed defending agenst 6 fucking deflected goals.
cue them that seys he shuld of closed down sooner on some. well put your fecking boots on and show us all how to defend in the modern game.
just my thots like.
I saw him in action for the first time the other night. He reminded me of the kids in my son's under 9's football team who would boot it out in touch even when they had all the time in the world. Fair enough at their age. But when a professional footballer is doing it especially when he has time 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Shrewsbury Town: Marosi, Benning, Fenney, Winchester, Hinchy, Udoh, Pierre, Bloxham, Bayliss, Dunkley (Capt), Shipley.

Subs: Burgoyne, Sraha, Bowman, Perry, Bennett, O'Brien, Kenneh.

Latics: Tickle, Clare, Hughes, Kerr, Chambers, Jones, Adeeko, M.Smith, Aasgaard, Godo, Magennis (Capt).

Subs: Amos, Morrison, S.Smith, J.Smith, McManaman, Humphrys, Kelman.

Kerr a helluva lot better than Goode for starters. I might have been tempted to play Morrison too to give Hughes a rest for a game or two.

Magennis - 🤔🤔

I saw him in action for the first time the other night. He reminded me of the kids in my son's under 9's football team who would boot it out in touch even when they had all the time in the world. Fair enough at their age. But when a professional footballer is doing it especially when he has time 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
errrr.
i give you stephane henchoz

sometimes its about understanding a defence runcorn. as a pleyer.
if an experenced pro resorts to having to do that its a sign that he dont trust them around it to pley it forward or even out. ive had goalies tear me another arse cos i didnt get rid at the rite time. weve all seen the shit show that can hapen when weve tried to pley it out. make a mistake and then the rest of defence run around like hedless chickens. take your eye of the man kicking into row z or up the feeld and look at were his opteons are/were

ask yourself is he as frustrated coming heer as we are of watching him do that. this isnt the under 9s you no.

errrr.
i give you stephane henchoz

sometimes its about understanding a defence runcorn. as a pleyer.
if an experenced pro resorts to having to do that its a sign that he dont trust them around it to pley it forward or even out. ive had goalies tear me another arse cos i didnt get rid at the rite time. weve all seen the shit show that can hapen when weve tried to pley it out. make a mistake and then the rest of defence run around like hedless chickens. take your eye of the man kicking into row z or up the feeld and look at were his opteons are/were

ask yourself is he as frustrated coming heer as we are of watching him do that. this isnt the under 9s you no.
In fairness Brick he had a few situations where he had all the time in the world to find a pass but kicked it out.