The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

SJM trouble maker ?.
Nah. No chance. Can't use that as an excuse to get rid.

If anyone was a trouble maker it was newboy Beale who promptly left at the first chance, despite being the alleged brains behind the SG operation.

4 years of SJM and not a whiff of an issue. If there was a problem between him and Beale then there is only one place to look.

Everyone had a price as we know. And if we get offered stupid money on a 3 million pound signing then we will probably take it.

However, I 100 % think SG rates him, wants him and is not looking to move him on at all. Cannot envisage him leaving this summer one bit.

This sounds like two random stats picked out to make someone sound exceptional who really isn't. Honestly, trusting your own eyes, is John McGinn one of the best midfielders in his position in Europe? No. No he isn't. He's fine but this random compound stat doesn't account for his poor short passing and poor decision making in possession, which we can understand by using our own eyes.

I don’t think he’s a bad player by any means, but I can’t remember him having that many great games last season. Maybe he’s just not being deployed in a way that would get the best out of him. Possibly.
My feeling with him and Luiz is that we could do with better if we are to progress and that things need freshening up. Gallagher and Sangare for example would I think do that, and with the proceeds of the sales, I don’t think we would be that much out of pocket.

It's true he's not the biggest issue that we have at Villa Park, but he's such an inconsistent player, in a team that performed inconsistently.