The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 67 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I dont think he's worth £50m so would be something to think about, but he's far from being one of our biggest problems. Thought he played well last night myself.

It never matter what a players actually worth, only what they're worth to the team they play for. For us to upgrade Mcginn it would cost us serious money.

Consistently inconsistent. Really good game from him on Thursday but we know he *can* play like that, it's more that he just often doesn't.

Consistently inconsistent. Really good game from him on Thursday but we know he *can* play like that, it's more that he just often doesn't.
Maybe inconsistency is due to the changing role he plays and, more to the point, the quality of the opposition. Burnley are a poor side and not a benchmark for a team with aspirations.

He's had three seasons at this level so how many will it take for him to find consistency?

Played very well last night. Best game in a while.

Yes if playing well means he had some shots and an assist then yes, most of his passing wasn't very good. Masked by his 3 decent efforts and a brilliant ball to EB for the goal. Pass of the season, well apart from Coutinho's against Leeds that was the ball of the decade

Maybe inconsistency is due to the changing role he plays and, more to the point, the quality of the opposition. Burnley are a poor side and not a benchmark for a team with aspirations.
I don't think his ability to pass the ball 5yds should be affected by which central midfield position he's asked to play in, or whether he decides to run into a group of three opposition players expecting to come away with the ball.

I’ve just read a thread from when he signed mentioning his tireless running 🤣🤣🤣
His physical size has ballooned, his short passing abysmal, he’s quite reckless.. his assist’s & goal’s this year is poor.. Not saying he should be sold but I am saying he needs competition for his place like quite a few !

He has become one of the most inconsistent Villa players I have ever seen.

He must have changed his match footwear to lead diving boots.

If these clubs are supposedly interested then play it cool and off-load him and let them suffer in the future.

Shame as I loved him at Villa Park but he clearly struggles at the top-level forcing him to make rash decisions at the expense of the team.

He may well be good for the dressing room but there is more to having a good team than being the life and soul.

I'm not sure picking an extremely inconsistent player as captain is a good idea. It's good for captains to in part lead with their performances on the pitch.

I'm not sure we have any players who played well for all 38 games though did we? Cash probably closest given his awards. Not sure he's captain material though.
I just don't really see what McGinn brings to the table as a captain to be honest. I'm pretty sure SG made a comment about signing a captain and in fairness I agree with him on that.