The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 105 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

That looks like a re-hash of some link from 4 or 5 weeks ago

I can't believe even Bruce would go for King, given that we need centrebacks, leftback, forward and wingers according to Bruce.
It's not about getting numbers in surely but, more about strengthening in our weak area's.

Get players in with a view to buy if we get promoted.

It's not that difficult but I can't see Bruce being that ambitious

I can't believe even Bruce would go for King, given that we need centrebacks, leftback, forward and wingers according to Bruce.
It's not about getting numbers in surely but, more about strengthening in our weak area's.

I think he's a decent player but not really what we need. Its probably just his agent trying to stir up some interest. Both ourselves and Middlesbrough seem to be linked with half the Premier Leagues squad players at the moment

But... This is the internet, so I believe you can use whatever term suits you... That said, it's squad, this is footy (and even for soccer it's a squad)

But... This is the internet, so I believe you can use whatever term suits you... That said, it's squad, this is footy (and even for soccer it's a squad)

Yank,

What's sad is I have coached soccer in the states for 12 years.... I should know better.

That being said, I am still interested in others view on our needs:
Still think LB is most critical right now. sets in motion a cascade of of players actually being able to play in their proper position.

Next an attacking wide player

Then equally needed, another CB and CF.

Not sure about LB. Cafu was fine playing there, and Taylor would do as backup. However up front if Kodjia gets injured we're done; RHM is an unknown force and we can't expect him to replace Kodj. So I'd say a forward is top of the list IF we can find a good one.

CB depends on whether Bruce is going to play Tuanzebe there and if Elphick stays.

Yank,

What's sad is I have coached soccer in the states for 12 years.... I should know better.

That being said, I am still interested in others view on our needs:
Still think LB is most critical right now. sets in motion a cascade of of players actually being able to play in their proper position.

Next an attacking wide player

Then equally needed, another CB and CF.

Think we're all agreed on those three positions Frossum, as for whether Mr Bruce can find the right players, we'll have to wait and see.

By the way, as you Yanks have been having some language difficulties, may I offer a little advice. If Mr Fear sees you using the word s****r on here, you may receive one of these :ban::throw::wagging:

Have a nice day:grinning:

Keep seeing all over Twitter that Sheff Utd are lining up a loan bid for Hogan, will pay his entire wages, etc. WTF??!!

Two things: is he not injured? And in any case, why would we be looking to loan from an area where we are woefully under-strength?

#FakeNews surely??

As far as what Bruce has said, he's interested in a couple more signings, but only the right players in the right positions and of the right quality. If he can't get that he'll make do without.

Wise move. For a start he doesn't want to be seen getting in rubbish, and it's better to be short than having players no better than what we have already.

As far as what Bruce has said, he's interested in a couple more signings, but only the right players in the right positions and of the right quality. If he can't get that he'll make do without.

Wise move. For a start he doesn't want to be seen getting in rubbish, and it's better to be short than having players no better than what we have already.

Surely it all depends on one's definition of the word quality.

He said what he said. Take it as you will. But he said he won't get in players for the sake of it.

He has already done that Withe likes of Lansbury, Hogan and Thor. Buying players with no discernible pattern of play means that what you do. I like Steve Bruce, the man, sort of bloke you could easily have pint with but tactically I'm not so sure. Maybe it is me but anyone who insists on all 11 players back in our own area for a corner, so when we clear it we give it back to the opposition, then their tactics are questionable. As Johann Cruyff said "there is only one ball, we need to have it".

Bit of talk about Anwar El-Ghazi on twitter this morning.

Apparently us and Leeds are after him.

He's a Mendes client but has played under Bielsa before so may give Leeds the edge.

Has the Villa/Mendes link ever been confirmed? Or just wild speculation coz we loaned a keeper he represents?