The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

I don't really want Bolasie.

He's a good player but he doesn't seem overly keen to join Boro or Villa. Just seems to be going through the motions.

Could be another N'Zogbia.

Rather have people here like McGinn who were desperate to join.

That's the wide man we needed. Anyone remember him tearing us apart at Villa Park 3 seasons or so ago. If he can reproduce that in the Championship then he will tear teams apart.

If he's up for it Sir Den.

As said, he's definately a good player, but I'm not sure he'll be coming trying to rip up trees.

Yes that's the question.

Mind you if he is willing to drop a division , that says something , he could easily stay at Everton and warm the bench.

If he's up for it Sir Den.

As said, he's definately a good player, but I'm not sure he'll be coming trying to rip up trees.

Only time will tell, but Bolasie has had to fight his way through non-league and the lower divisions to make a career for himself. He's not some prima donna who's always had everything handed to him on a plate. Hopefully his character is still the same.

He would be a good addition, especially at this level.

I do remember him being a very exciting player at Palace, which is why Everton forked out £25m for him.

We certainly need a winger and Bolasie is a player who can create things from out wide. My only issue is his injury record and potentially his desire if he’s dropped down a division after a failed big money move. I was never truly convinced by him, I thought he was one of those players who looks great on match of the day but quite mediocre the majority of the time, but he does fit the bill for us right now though and his unpredictability and creativity are what we are desperate for right now

I don't really want Bolasie.

He's a good player but he doesn't seem overly keen to join Boro or Villa. Just seems to be going through the motions.

Could be another N'Zogbia.

Rather have people here like McGinn who were desperate to join.
Another N’Zogbia??

Didn’t we spunk £15m on that waster?

Bolasie will cost £2m loan fee at most, I think he would be a cracking loan signing. Has everything to prove since his injury

Think we're all agreed on those three positions Frossum, as for whether Mr Bruce can find the right players, we'll have to wait and see.

By the way, as you Yanks have been having some language difficulties, may I offer a little advice. If Mr Fear sees you using the word s****r on here, you may receive one of these :ban::throw::wagging:

Have a nice day:grinning:

Always love this conversation, especially considering it was the Brits who invented the term "soccer" to differentiate Association Football from Rugby Football ("rugger") in the 1880s. I would think that name was even spoken by our founding father William McGregor at some point during those discussions.

But back on topic, we could use a winger and a CB (unless Bruce actually intends on making Tuanzebe our CB w/ Chessie)

Always love this conversation, especially considering it was the Brits who invented the term "soccer" to differentiate Association Football from Rugby Football ("rugger") in the 1880s. I would think that name was even spoken by our founding father William McGregor at some point during those discussions.

But back on topic, we could use a winger and a CB (unless Bruce actually intends on making Tuanzebe our CB w/ Chessie)

And we used to watch Star Soccer with Hugh Johns on ITV on a Sunday lunchtime.

Another N’Zogbia??

Didn’t we spunk £15m on that waster?

Bolasie will cost £2m loan fee at most, I think he would be a cracking loan signing. Has everything to prove since his injury

I think N'Zogbia was more than that.10m transfer fee and 65k a week for 5 years. Must be one of the worst signings we've ever made.

I don’t know what would be better? Signing Bolasie a £25m player that was outstanding for his last club that only a bad injury has stopped his progression or gazzumping that complete and utter shyster Pulis. I’m pretty sure he will have something to say about Villa if it happens.

If you had a straight choice, shit hole Middlesbrough or Villa, surely there’s only one winner. Especially as there will be no difference in wages for him.

I’d like Bolasie on our wing given what I recall him playing like before injury. He’s like a more skilful and attacking Elmo on that right wing. Elmo is a solid, dependable player but doesn’t have enough going forward for me and that’s problematic in a front 3 when a slightly defensive minded player is in the forward line.

Get the concerns and watch out with Nzogbia but this is a loan deal - Nzog stole a living off us for years. About 4 managers thought they could revive him, if Bolasie doesn’t peform he’s sent home.

Just to add, I can’t see much truth in him coming here

Last edited: