The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Strikers are by nature confidence players.

I think both Ings and Watkins could be great for us given a proper run in and settled team and a couple of goals to boost their confidence. Problem is their both in and out and neither seem high on confidence.

They defo both have ability.

I think both of them have suffered because of Deano's experiment. I just think Ollie is underperforming more than anything else. I don't think he is the answer long-term either but I think he's still good enough to lead the line even next season. All depends how he finishes the last 3rd of the year.

I'd love to know who's on the list in the event Coutinho doesn't stay at the end of the season. Need someone who can match Emi2 as a threat in that second no.10 position.

I'd love Pulisic but that's never going to happen with CL football.

I think both of them have suffered because of Deano's experiment. I just think Ollie is underperforming more than anything else. I don't think he is the answer long-term either but I think he's still good enough to lead the line even next season. All depends how he finishes the last 3rd of the year.
I'd take Archer and Watkins as the 2 next season. Ings is not the future

Strikers are by nature confidence players.

I think both Ings and Watkins could be great for us given a proper run in and settled team and a couple of goals to boost their confidence. Problem is their both in and out and neither seem high on confidence.

They defo both have ability.

You could play Watkins and Ings in the villa systems from now until 2525 and they would not work. To get them working together you have to change systems and re-educate Watkins to play in a completely different way.
Watkins is more of a lone striker, running the channels and pulling defenders out of position. To see the best of him you need midfielders who are prepared to take a chance and run beyond him.
Ings is not a leader of the line type of player. He is the ideal second striker in a traditional 4-4-2 set-up, collecting knock downs and second balls. It was because he had a more traditional centre forward in Adams that he did so well at Southampton.
Ings would do well playing behind Keinan Davis, in the middle of a 3 man line. Which would leave you with either a back 4 and a DM, or a back 3 and a DM and a box-to-box player.

I'd love to know who's on the list in the event Coutinho doesn't stay at the end of the season. Need someone who can match Emi2 as a threat in that second no.10 position.

I'd love Pulisic but that's never going to happen with CL football.
I don't think we will have any problem attracting good players here, think we are proving that, players will always be open to joining a club that's going places.

I'd take Archer and Watkins as the 2 next season. Ings is not the future
I'd take a brand new striker and then let Watkins and Archer duke it out. Watkins has an advantage of being able to play in the other forward roles (although not particularly well).

You could play Watkins and Ings in the villa systems from now until 2525 and they would not work. To get them working together you have to change systems and re-educate Watkins to play in a completely different way.
Watkins is more of a lone striker, running the channels and pulling defenders out of position. To see the best of him you need midfielders who are prepared to take a chance and run beyond him.
Ings is not a leader of the line type of player. He is the ideal second striker in a traditional 4-4-2 set-up, collecting knock downs and second balls. It was because he had a more traditional centre forward in Adams that he did so well at Southampton.
Ings would do well playing behind Keinan Davis, in the middle of a 3 man line. Which would leave you with either a back 4 and a DM, or a back 3 and a DM and a box-to-box player.

I never said anything about playing them both together. There's not room for them both in this team.

My point is Gerrard needs to pick one and stick with him rather than swapping and changing them.