The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 272 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

For context, That article is from a Forest forum who refer to a Zimbabwean outlet.
I would of expected Mike Field to jump in here with a rant about clickbait . Oh but it appears that rant is used selectively to suit the narrative.
Regardless of that, Nakamba is not getting a look in at all and clearly is surplus to requirements despite being a key player last season.

This is weird. Remember last season where he was an absolutely pivotal member of Gerrard's starting 11 and how after he got badly injured many people considered this injury a key factor in our sharp downturn in form?

In the space of like 8 months he has gone from pivotal player to bomb squad. I don't quite get the thinking here. I get we have Kamara but Nakamba if anything could be starting with Kamara filling the double pivot shite Gerrard loves and help make us at least tougher in midfield and maybe help turn some defeats to draws.

I'm pretty sure Harvard and Wharton business school will be using Gerrard as a case study in how not to manage in the future.
"I love stout. Absolutely love stout. It's a top top drink and I just can't get enough of it. There's no bigger fan of stout than me."
"What you having, Steven?"
"Pint of lager please."

"We get childish, pointless, irrelevant, streams of posts like this (and it's way too many threads now for me not to chip in) where there is no point reading them. There is no discussion, there are no facts and we end up debating unknown non truths but it has been published on the internet and the counter to that bollocks, is other people (without their own proof but a strong belief) counter it.

And what other websites wetwipe wibbling about wages has to do in here even confuses me, "

"We get childish, pointless, irrelevant, streams of posts like this (and it's way too many threads now for me not to chip in) where there is no point reading them. There is no discussion, there are no facts and we end up debating unknown non truths but it has been published on the internet and the counter to that bollocks, is other people (without their own proof but a strong belief) counter it.

And what other websites wetwipe wibbling about wages has to do in here even confuses me, "

I know what I said mate and it was directed at all - but I still have no idea what the article in question is that it seemed you wanted or expected me to address?

I'd say it's abundantly clear I'm not that interested in speculation, especially if as you reference it was a Forest site, I certainly wouldn't read that as I quickly scan this thread to clear it.

I just spotted the name check, and I'm still non the wiser.

I know what I said mate and it was directed at all - but I still have no idea what the article in question is that it seemed you wanted or expected me to address?

I'd say it's abundantly clear I'm not that interested in speculation, especially if as you reference it was a Forest site, I certainly wouldn't read that as I quickly scan this thread to clear it.

I just spotted the name check, and I'm still non the wiser.
Forest site referring to a Zimbabwean article

If you really want my thoughts I'd need a link - I've not read a single thing on Naky for over a month and I can't even recall seeing a link in here. As said mate, I quickly scan this one and you'll have seen yourself I rarely ever post in here compared to other threads, because with the best will in the world, I know it's 95% total bollocks and not real news and a lot of the time I'd rather watch paint dry.

On face value, Naky does a hell of a lot at home on a charity front, so press over there will have contacts, but I'd doubt it stretched as far as talking transfers particularly if it wasn't better picked up on over here. Depending on the dating of the original piece, my best guess assumption is their press picked up on the 'like' from Nakamba for a fans Sanson social media post the other day - put 2+2 together and came up with Forest given their business this summer.

He's never been in the bomb squad under SG, who really rates him. He's been very badly injured and needs time to get back to 100% fitness.

I rate Nakamba at what he's good at, and to me the team missed him terribly last season. He has his limitations admittedly. Haven't seen anything about still recovering but as you say it was a bad injury. And it's true the only one I recall reading about being sent to the U21's was Sanson.

What I have read very recently is the manager saying he had talks about lack of game time, which would be odd if he was injured. Also read that the manager sanctioned a move away it just didn't happen, Villa usually buy injured players not sell them.

If he was going to play then why buy Dendoncker is now a question for me.

I rate Nakamba at what he's good at, and to me the team missed him terribly last season. He has his limitations admittedly. Haven't seen anything about still recovering but as you say it was a bad injury. And it's true the only one I recall reading about being sent to the U21's was Sanson.

What I have read very recently is the manager saying he had talks about lack of game time, which would be odd if he was injured. Also read that the manager sanctioned a move away it just didn't happen, Villa usually buy injured players not sell them.

If he was going to play then why buy Dendoncker is now a question for me.

Well it's either Marv is going to take time getting fit and then match fit or, the injury was even worse than anyone thought and its unlikely Marv will be able to perform at the level required anymore.

Well it's either Marv is going to take time getting fit and then match fit or, the injury was even worse than anyone thought and its unlikely Marv will be able to perform at the level required anymore.

Can't say really.

What I can say is if he isn't going to play then Dendoncker better be an upgrade and only seeing him play will tell me that.

If you really want my thoughts I'd need a link - I've not read a single thing on Naky for over a month and I can't even recall seeing a link in here. As said mate, I quickly scan this one and you'll have seen yourself I rarely ever post in here compared to other threads, because with the best will in the world, I know it's 95% total bollocks and not real news and a lot of the time I'd rather watch paint dry.

On face value, Naky does a hell of a lot at home on a charity front, so press over there will have contacts, but I'd doubt it stretched as far as talking transfers particularly if it wasn't better picked up on over here. Depending on the dating of the original piece, my best guess assumption is their press picked up on the 'like' from Nakamba for a fans Sanson social media post the other day - put 2+2 together and came up with Forest given their business this summer.
https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2...ingham-forest-made-bid-for-marvelous-nakamba/

Or sign a new contract with Aston Villa, why do people always forget we are a massive club.

Take the claret 'n' blue specs off for two minutes mate, in today's game Villa are also rans. We haven't been a big club for decades and until we are playing champions league football regularly we won't be again.

Take the claret 'n' blue specs off for two minutes mate, in today's game Villa are also rans. We haven't been a big club for decades and until we are playing champions league football regularly we won't be again.
We are a "big' club but atm, we are not the giant we should be.Years of maladministration and under investment have us where we are. Current owners at least give us hope that we can join the big boys elite group. Geordies lottery win turn 6 into 7. We are,at last,in with a chance of progress. Stadium increase is a serious indication of ambitious owners and I am optimistic that we are on the up. Won't be Hollywood style and we will, in all probability, have ups and downs but at least we are on the way.

Well, I'd say the wage was absolute bollocks for a start and plenty of other sites - more well known (at least to me) but equally unreliable carry wildly different figures.

However, The Herald is pretty reputable in most cases. But it's state owned and was very favourable of Mugabi (for obvious Putin/Russia reasons) and the ruling party but I can absolutely believe they have a contact to Naky because he's a boy done good story and does lots of charity work back at home.

Problem I have, the original report reads like a Sun exclusive. Lots of big claims, no substance. Whilst they pick up on Naky's lack of recent game time, they pay no real mind to the Boobie signing (Iroegbunam's development) and even suggest we wanted him to extend his contract past 2024 before we let him out on loan this summer. The only time they address Boobie is by saying effectively when he was signed, Naky lost his place - which patently isn't true.

It's also an incredibly repetitive article, restating the same claims for no other reason than word count and despite having an unnamed source, they quote them and then paraphrase the lot anyway to make it a more bulky piece.

I'd call horseshit 100% as the report can't even get the basics right and it's absolutely illogical to suggest after signing Boobie and Denny we'd demand a bit part player signs an extension with the inevitable raise before he leaves on loan - when he has two years left (and there may be the standard 12 months on top) anyway.

I stand by my thoughts ahead of bothering to read it. It's also why I only ever loosely scan this thread and most of the time when I do cover speculation now, I'm pointing out why it's pointless bollocks and won't happen and only show a more mild interest when it's likely to be true.

Not what some wet wipe in another country wibbles that a website, rarely run by reputable journalists, repeats and references in this country because they have a daily article count to meet or they'd get the sack.

Last edited:
Well, I'd say the wage was absolute bollocks for a start and plenty of other sites - more well known (at least to me) but equally unreliable carry wildly different figures.

However, The Herald is pretty reputable in most cases. But it's state owned and was very favourable of Mugabi (for obvious Putin/Russia reasons) and the ruling party but I can absolutely believe they have a contact to Naky because he's a boy done good story and does lots of charity work back at home.

Problem I have, the original report reads like a Sun exclusive. Lots of big claims, no substance. Whilst they pick up on Naky's lack of recent game time, they pay no real mind to the Boobie signing (Iroegbunam's development) and even suggest we wanted him to extend his contract past 2024 before we let him out on loan this summer. The only time they address Boobie is by saying effectively when he was signed, Naky lost his place - which patently isn't true.

It's also an incredibly repetitive article, restating the same claims for no other reason than word count and despite having an unnamed source, they quote them and then paraphrase the lot anyway to make it a more bulky piece.

I'd call horseshit 100% as the report can't even get the basics right and it's absolutely illogical to suggest after signing Boobie and Denny we'd demand a bit part player signs an extension with the inevitable raise before he leaves on loan - when he has two years left (and there may be the standard 12 months on top) anyway.

I stand by my thoughts ahead of bothering to read it. It's also why I only ever loosely scan this thread and most of the time when I do cover speculation now, I'm pointing out why it's pointless bollocks and won't happen and only show a more mild interest when it's likely to be true.

Not what some wet wipe in another country wibbles that a website, rarely run by reputable journalists, repeats and references in this country because they have a daily article count to meet or they'd get the sack.

The only thing I disagree with you over is about us demanding a bit part player sign an extension, you denigrate the idea but, isn't that exactly what we did with Kortney Hause, not to mention He Who Shall Not Be Named. We've done it before, quite a few times over the years, especially when there's a chance the player will be sold to the loaning club, it does increase the possible fee we could demand.