The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread | Page 290 | Vital Football

The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

Acuna is exactly what we need. Experience at the top level ( over 50 caps for Argentina ) combative, still got plenty of fire in the belly and a leader. And at 31/ 32 still got plenty left in the tank. Trippier and Walker are about the same age and they would still walk into most sides. We also lack a bit of Richardson, Teale style spite on the pitch. A cult hero in the making. Get him in.
UTV

The private jet with Zaniolo on it is due to land at BHX at 12.34pm.

12:34 PM
Scheduled

IstanbulISL
LNX31KG E35L

SCHEDULED DEPARTURE
10:30 AM
ACTUAL DEPARTURE
N/A
SCHEDULED ARRIVAL
FLIGHT TIME
N/A
STATUS
Scheduled
AIRLINE
Luxaviation UK
CALL SIGN
LNX31KG
EQUIPMENT
E35L (G-KGKG)
AIRCRAFT
Embraer Legacy 600

Scheduled

IstanbulISL
LNX31KG E35L

SCHEDULED DEPARTURE
ACTUAL DEPARTURE
N/A
SCHEDULED ARRIVAL
FLIGHT TIME
N/A
STATUS
Scheduled
AIRLINE
Luxaviation UK
CALL SIGN
LNX31KG
EQUIPMENT
E35L (G-KGKG)
AIRCRAFT
Embraer Legacy 600
Any details on his first injury?

Scheduled

IstanbulISL
LNX31KG E35L

SCHEDULED DEPARTURE
ACTUAL DEPARTURE
N/A
SCHEDULED ARRIVAL
FLIGHT TIME
N/A
STATUS
Scheduled
AIRLINE
Luxaviation UK
CALL SIGN
LNX31KG
EQUIPMENT
E35L (G-KGKG)
AIRCRAFT
Embraer Legacy 600

Can't really see a bid, unless it's a loan, for Macguire as he's on £200k a week and that's with Utd paying half his wage.

I think Zaniolo is going to provide more flexibility to the forward line and that a Buendia alternative might still be yet to come. Zaniolo seems to play centrally or right and Buendia has been playing mostly on the left for us. I'm not sure we want Ramsey and Philogene-Badace as our only viable left options.*

*No, I'm not including Bailey. That ship has sailed I think.

Agree. I said this last week when the rumours started that i didn’t think it was anything to do with the Emi2 Acl . It was too close to the injury for it to be as a reaction to it but the main thing as you say is the forward aspect to Zaniolo’s play. He is physically different to Emi2 in terms of size and that says a lot about the contrast in their respective games. The forward aspect to his play ties in that we are looking to ship out Archer more than it looks a response to Buendia‘s injury. Playing more centrally is exactly what Unai has done with Ollie. Instead of chasing shadows on the flanks Ollie has said himself he is playing in between the penalty box lines . Unai may well have a specific plan for Zaniolo to turn him into more of a permanent forward player to what he has been previously like he did with Ollie. Remember the debate about playing Ollie coming in from the left. Unai knew exactly what to do .

Yes Acuna can play left midfield.
I thought Dendoncker was just about over his injury, if not Chambers has played quite successfully at DM.
I’m so glad we’re not picking the team. There would be absolutely no consensus. It would be carnage every selection meeting 🤪

Not fussed on Acuna but presumably he’d be on half the wages of Digne and relatively inexpensive transfer fee, helps balance the books a little and Digne isn’t entirely convincing anyway