The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread | Page 230 | Vital Football

The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

They will soon find out the hard way exactly like we did with slippy.
Nah, no-one can be that shite, unless of course your name is Fat Frank. I think he'll do ok at Spurs, just a middle of the road appointment, keeping them in around 8th place in the league. Depends, of course, if Kane stays or goes but he'll be middle(ish).

It's interesting to me as to why we are uniformly seen with skepticism. I don't think Newcastle are poked at in the way we are when it comes to the manager, players and transfers. It's bizarre.

Yeah this is what is starting to irk me a lot, media outlets are constantly poking at us and being blatant about it against the likes of Spurs and Newcastle, I also find it weird.

Did Emery shag all of the TiFo journos wives?

This week on TiFo 'why Aston Villa are signing crap players'

Edit: headline aside it's actually an alright piece.

The title is very clickbaity and seems to be trying to wind Villa fans up which doesn't really match the content of the video.

Basically he says that Tielemens is ideal to step in for Luiz but the question over him is that he's played a huge amount of football for a 26 year old and could potentially decline physically quicker, citing the likes of Lukaku, Rooney etc as examples.

On Torres he goes into his strengths and weaknesses in good depth before comparing him to Mings. Basically Torres biggest weakness is aerially, which he points out is also a weakness for Konsa, whereas Mings in amongst the Premier leagues best in terms of winning aerial duels. He points out that out of the 14 games Mings has not played since promotion we've won 1. I genuinely think it's the most respect Mings has got from any kind of pundit/journo, for his football anyway.

It's worth a watch certainly and it's definitely got me thinking about what Unai's plan is.

It's interesting to me as to why we are uniformly seen with skepticism. I don't think Newcastle are poked at in the way we are when it comes to the manager, players and transfers. It's bizarre.
we are aston villa the new kids on the block and we proved last season, what we are made of, beating the so called top teams, with ease, there are clubs out there wishing they were us, but there is only one aston villaaaaa seanie

The title is very clickbaity and seems to be trying to wind Villa fans up which doesn't really match the content of the video.

Basically he says that Tielemens is ideal to step in for Luiz but the question over him is that he's played a huge amount of football for a 26 year old and could potentially decline physically quicker, citing the likes of Lukaku, Rooney etc as examples.

On Torres he goes into his strengths and weaknesses in good depth before comparing him to Mings. Basically Torres biggest weakness is aerially, which he points out is also a weakness for Konsa, whereas Mings in amongst the Premier leagues best in terms of winning aerial duels. He points out that out of the 14 games Mings has not played since promotion we've won 1. I genuinely think it's the most respect Mings has got from any kind of pundit/journo, for his football anyway.

It's worth a watch certainly and it's definitely got me thinking about what Unai's plan is.
That's fair enough and is a balanced analysis.

However, you could say these types of things of any player and the truth more often than not is in between.

Let's take Tonali, a talent no doubt, but will he settle in England and Newcastle? Is he likely to adapt to the PL compared to Serie A which is known for being more technical, all of these questions could be put into a video titled 'are Newcastle making the right signings?', instead what you'll get is 'How Newcastle can now be considered title contenders'...

I'm usually not overly fussed by being downplayed, I never cared, but (even though it shouldn't) it's starting to get a bit annoying and to Pangloss' point earlier, why is it just the Villa that seem to be singled out in this way? I suppose that's what a decade of not really doing much gets you.

I think I just need to get over it.

My only issue is that Doku = Bailey minus the injuries
Unfortunately, Doku has actually missed 40 odd games in the last two years. Doku is a big unit but seems like he could have Keinan brittle bone syndrome. Doku also uses the McGinn big arse technique to great effect, he'd be brilliant but can we keep him fit?

So he isnt a crisp packet but he might be crocked.

Its a funny video because he goes on at length about building on your strengths and shoring up your weaknesses. We don't need to improve defensively, our issue is sustaining attacks and creating more chances. He literally says Pau Torres is a player you sign to improve your offensive output.

I think everyone of us would agree we are weak in attack. Torres is the sort of player we need to get the ball up the field faster and more often. He is the type of player who opens up space and free's up the pitch for others.

When Unai talks about Pau being the best defender he has ever seen he means with the ball at his feet. Thats what football is about. Our limited view in Ireland the UK is that defenders defend and you can only be good if your rough up attackers. Unai doesnt see the game that way, its about control, its about finding solutions to problems.

Yes you need lads like Mings to win the ball in the air and make interceptions and do the dirty work but its all no use if they just give it back to the opposition with the next kick.

Well, this guy has now put his neck on the line Tweeting this.

It's either total BS or if true, then Diaby can go and F**K himself and chase the money?

Of course, being the average football fan if he does end up at Villa Park then he's the best thing since sliced bread.;)

Lads, lads, calm down, this clown is just yet another social media fraudster.

Wether we get Moussa or not ( and I hope we do ) It's a great situation we find ourselves in, finally shopping for top tier players. Unfortunately it will still be a challenge to get our top targets with no Champions league but nonetheless I still think we will be more than happy with our business come the end of the window.
I also hope that the Percy tweets suggesting we are in for Brennan Johnson has some legs, I saw quite a bit of Forest last season and although raw, the lad looks like he could be a very special player. With Unai and co schooling him he will only get better UTV

In a way I like it. Think the press is piss anyway.

Don't matter what they say, it's what Emery and Villa do that matter. Proving them wrong is so enjoying, not one pundit can say Stevie G did a good job at Villa. Yet most said he would.

Let them talk about others, as long as we continue to succeed.

Well, this guy has now put his neck on the line Tweeting this.

It's either total BS or if true, then Diaby can go and F**K himself and chase the money?

Of course, being the average football fan if he does end up at Villa Park then he's the best thing since sliced bread.;)

I really do think that if knob heads like this make such a bold statement and call it wrong three times, Mr Fear should insist that they are not allowed to be quoted in future.

Don't give these dicks the oxygen of publicity that they so desperately crave.

I really do think that if knob heads like this make such a bold statement and call it wrong three times, Mr Fear should insist that they are not allowed to be quoted in future.

Don't give these dicks the oxygen of publicity that they so desperately crave.

I'm just waiting to see what finally happens to the Italian twat and before finally blocking him, I may send him a picture of a horse's head on a pillow.

In a way I like it. Think the press is piss anyway.

Don't matter what they say, it's what Emery and Villa do that matter. Proving them wrong is so enjoying, not one pundit can say Stevie G did a good job at Villa. Yet most said he would.

Let them talk about others, as long as we continue to succeed.
Yep. Same. Let them underestimate us. It won’t last long.