The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at players like Coutinho, Erikssen and Hazard who have all been that type of player and all have largely failed to kick on at their new clubs.
To be fair to Hazard, he's been injured for much of his time at Madrid and has only played something like 28 La Liga games in two seasons there. But agree re the other two.

I'd have Coutinho here, but I'm sure the numbers won't stack up in our favour to attract him.

Not sure on Perreira, he looks great in moments but also a bit lightweight and a bit inconsistent to me. If anyone has watched him closely please let me know if that is incorrect, of course.

Our run without Grealish has shown that we need players who can dominate games, not just pop up occasionally with a few good moments every couple of matches, we already have several of those at the club.

This is exactly where I sit because if we're just looking at goals and assists then El Ghazi isn't far behind him and he has been a bit part player. Periera has been a key for WBA.

Grealish used to be criticized for not having the "stats" but he was instrumental in how we played long before he added goals and assists. A player with stats but without the contribution elsewhere is what we already have in AEG and Bert.

We don't need a player anywhere near as good as Grealish but we do need someone like him. We need someone who is dangerous, who doesn't go missing and gives us at least 30-35 solid games a season.

He's far better than anything we currently have for that position, personally think he would be a great pick up. I suppose it depends how much we are planning to spend and then realistically who we can attract to join a mid table club who haven't played in Europe for about 11 years.
I'd take Pereira over a sulky Christina Eriksen, who seems disgruntled that Europes elite clubs arent queuing up to sign him. Coutinho would be great but if he's on £250k+ a week then there's probably no chance. Outside of that we are probably looking at someone from Europe who we are hoping can adapt to the PL quickly

The bit about being a mid table club is spot on. Our performances since Xmas will ensure that no proven top players will want to come here, which leaves us again in the position of gambling on whether signings will work out or not.

To be fair to Hazard, he's been injured for much of his time at Madrid and has only played something like 28 La Liga games in two seasons there. But agree re the other two.

I'd have Coutinho here, but I'm sure the numbers won't stack up in our favour to attract him.
Hazard hardly helped himself with his decision to spend the summer munching on cup cakes....

Any Stattos who can give comparable stats for Trez, Anwar and Bert.? Many of us,me too, give that trio plenty of stick.But,on reflection, maybe the stats paint a rosier picture.

Premier League stats in 20/21 only:-

Traore: 25 starts + 7 subs, 6 goals & 5 assists
El Ghazi: 13 starts + 11 subs, 8 goals & 0 assists
Trezeguet: 12 starts + 9 subs, 2 goals & 1 assist

Pereira: 28 starts + 3 subs, 10 goals & 5 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.