The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's back to his Level a relegation threaten team in France , let move on . We've all been browbeaten these last 11 years that we are some kind of small thinking club. We need to think bigger
We're getting the Incredible Hulk :wahey:

Anwar is going nowhere. You read it here first.

Not too sure Engels is going either. Looks that way as he often doesn't make the bench, but Tyrone and Ezri have got the CB positions sown up bar injuries, and there's only so many players you can have on the bench.

LB is tricky. Do we really want to spend the money on someone who can genuinely challenge Targett, because it wouldn't be cheap?

Anwar is going nowhere. You read it here first.

Not too sure Engels is going either. Looks that way as he often doesn't make the bench, but Tyrone and Ezri have got the CB positions sown up bar injuries, and there's only so many players you can have on the bench.

LB is tricky. Do we really want to spend the money on someone who can genuinely challenge Targett, because it wouldn't be cheap?

If Engels is happy to stay despite not even making the bench, we should kick him out.

If he isn't happy to stay, we should let him go.

4th choice centre back should be a kid.

If Engels is happy to stay despite not even making the bench, we should kick him out.

If he isn't happy to stay, we should let him go.

4th choice centre back should be a kid.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Engels. He was injured earlier in the year when Mings was out, so Hause got the chance and did well. Other than that, Konsa and Mings have stayed injury-free all season, and we were out of both cups early, so he hasn't had any opportunities to prove anything (if he can).
He's probably not a good candidate for a sale, as nobody has seen him play in the best part of 18 months.....
I agree that a youngster should be in the mix as the fourth, but only if he's good enough. Revan is the only real prospect we have at the minute, and he is only about 5'11" so not sure if he'd make it.....

Seen a few things this morning linking us to Giorgian De Arrascaeta. A 26 year old attacking midfielder who plays for Flamengo in Brazil. Uruguayan International with 26 caps according to Wikipedia.

Can't say I know virtually anything about him but I know Flamengo are the dominant club in Brazil at the moment and won the Copa Libatadores a year or so ago so they're certainly no mugs.

Seen a few things this morning linking us to Giorgian De Arrascaeta. A 26 year old attacking midfielder who plays for Flamengo in Brazil. Uruguayan International with 26 caps according to Wikipedia.

Can't say I know virtually anything about him but I know Flamengo are the dominant club in Brazil at the moment and won the Copa Libatadores a year or so ago so they're certainly no mugs.

Sounds like his agent putting some work into engineering a transfer to me. Its very unusual for any decent South American not to have already made his way to Europe by the age of 26.

Tammy not even on the bench for Chelski...
In which case he will be offloaded in the summer to generate some funds fot Tuchel to bring in his own choice. I feel for Tammy and he just wanted to show that he could do it for the club where he started in the academy rather than be associated with multiple loans. Lampard gave hime the chance and he rose to it. Tuchel doesn't like him for whatever reason.
Some on this forum don't rate him and he is like Marmite. I personally think he would be the perfect fit for us and with Watkins would be lethal. He certainly would be even more determined to show that he can be the real deal in the PL. Perhaps he could be next season's loan deal from Chelsea with the option to buy. Hopefully that would end better than Drinkwater and Barkley!
Watkins and Abraham could be the new Withe and Shaw 👍🙂

I must say, I'm feeling extremely optimistic about next season.

Looking at some of the sides above us like Arsenal and Everton they are no better than us. Watching Leicester in the Cup Final - they aren't much better than us.

Dean's signings last year were very good. If we have a transfer window as successful as last years I really think we could be pushing top 4.

A quality no 10, winger, defensive midfielder and hopefully a back up striker will see us push on to the next level.

#feeling optimistic.

2-3 top quality signings, keep our best players (I think one is gone to be fair) and we could start to really push top ten (going for top 6) regularly again

Status
Not open for further replies.