The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering JP has also said he’d sign Alli I think that’s unlikely 🤣

The biggest problem Alli has is his attitude, he thinks he’s better than everyone else, and is literally angry any time the team loses and calls people out on it, he’s only just turned 25, has a point to prove, has a goal contribution of every other game, was rated over 80m not so long ago, for me we could do with that bite, and he’s good mates with Grealish, something I can see them two getting on off the pitch, I’m thinking chemistry will be there straight away, Alli’s the type that doesn’t need an arm around his shoulder like Barkley, He’s literally desperate to prove to the whole world that he’s a quality player, an tbh I like the idea of Alli telling Mings he is shit from time to time, it’ll only improve him, tell it to someone like Al Ghazi or Barkley and it’ll most likely break them.

You also want players that Jack looks at and thinks, Yes! Ambition! We’re gonna smash into Europe!

Barkley was always going to be hit or miss, he started out promising but he’s heads gone for whatever reason, an when you look at his contribution towards goals it’s no that great at all.

So what’s your deal with him, why don’t you like him ? If the 25m is correct it’s a no brainer for me.

He's been through a few managers now at Spurs who all tried to get the best out of him and failed. Someone said it was 3 different managers have given up on him but I can't think of who the other one was.

We've had enough of those types of players over the years. If we sign him, he'll be the next Fat Ross McCormack.

He's been through a few managers now at Spurs who all tried to get the best out of him and failed. Someone said it was 3 different managers have given up on him but I can't think of who the other one was.

We've had enough of those types of players over the years. If we sign him, he'll be the next Fat Ross McCormack.

Eh? He’s played under 2 managers at Spuds and was brilliant to begin with under Poch. I agree he’s a risky signing but there is a top player in there. If we want to convince Jack to stay long term, this is the level of player we need to be aiming for

Eh? He’s played under 2 managers at Spuds and was brilliant to begin with under Poch. I agree he’s a risky signing but there is a top player in there. If we want to convince Jack to stay long term, this is the level of player we need to be aiming for
He's a mate of Jacks, another loan or buy him ?

I’d only loan him if we agreed a fixed price up front, don’t trust Levy. Changing clubs may give him a new lease of life, no idea how much he would cost however

No idea where these rumours start, but Levy apparently wants to wash his hands with him and has put a 25m tag on, I’d just snap him up for 25m especially if you look at Barkley and the apparent 11m loan fee 😳 he’s still valued at 29m by transfermarkt and we all know they undervalue players so who knows what his true value is, he only turned 25 a few days ago so it’s not like he’s about to turn 26 either.

Even this season In the Europa league where Mourinho actually gave him a chance he scored 3 assisted 3 in 550 minutes which is a goal contribution each 90 minutes.
Something tells me when given a chance to shine, and not these 9 shitty sub appearances in the Premiership he’ll shine, he probably already knows his career is over at Spurs and was looking forward to joining PSG until nothing came of it, probably because he was valued at 54m at the time.

Ali looks slightly overweight to me, not the fleet-footed attacking mid he was. But, there's undoubtedly a lot of talent in there.

For me, it's the judgement Smith & co have to make. Do they think he'll be a positive signing worth the price, or aren't they sure? If the latter I'd leave alone. With Barkley only being a loan the risk was limited.

And Poch is rumoured to want him at PSG

Ali looks slightly overweight to me, not the fleet-footed attacking mid he was. But, there's undoubtedly a lot of talent in there.

For me, it's the judgement Smith & co have to make. Do they think he'll be a positive signing worth the price, or aren't they sure? If the latter I'd leave alone. With Barkley only being a loan the risk was limited.

Before Alli's fall in form, he made a big thing in interviews about wanting to become a more rounded midfielder and it was something that Pochettino had encouraged him to do. Get more involved in the battle, stop staying so high, track back, get your shorts dirty etc.

He spoke about this before his form fell off a cliff in terms of goals and assists.

It has shades of Agbonlahor being encouraged by 'then lands in a plant pot' (credit Murph) to bulk up, when the effect was it ruined his only asset by about 200%.

No idea where these rumours start, but Levy apparently wants to wash his hands with him and has put a 25m tag on, I’d just snap him up for 25m especially if you look at Barkley and the apparent 11m loan fee 😳 he’s still valued at 29m by transfermarkt and we all know they undervalue players so who knows what his true value is, he only turned 25 a few days ago so it’s not like he’s about to turn 26 either.

Even this season In the Europa league where Mourinho actually gave him a chance he scored 3 assisted 3 in 550 minutes which is a goal contribution each 90 minutes.
Something tells me when given a chance to shine, and not these 9 shitty sub appearances in the Premiership he’ll shine, he probably already knows his career is over at Spurs and was looking forward to joining PSG until nothing came of it, probably because he was valued at 54m at the time.
I think the links to PSG were typical lazy "journalism" to be honest. Poch had binned him in his last six months there, so I can't see why he'd want him, nor why Alli would want to go to a manager that benched him....

I don't think he's getting back in the England squad. I think he's a bust. I'd be happy to let West Ham sign him this summer.

My point is that's what everyone said about Lingard. Bad attitude, past it, a busted flush.

Sometimes class players are still class and just need a change of scenery.

I don't like to keep playing the overt racism card but there is a theme. Lingard, Ali, Wellbeck.... Whenever we're linked to these guys all you here is bad attitude this and disruptive that.

Yet when we were linked with Barkley everyone was on board... If we were linked with Bale, I'm sure most would want him. Both obviously have got a bad attitude.

My point is that's what everyone said about Lingard. Bad attitude, past it, a busted flush.

I don't like to keep playing the overt racism card but there is a theme. Lingard, Ali, Wellbeck.... Whenever we're linked to these guys all you here is bad attitude this and disruptive that.

Yet when we were linked with Barkley everyone was on board... If we were linked with Bale, I'm sure most would want him. Both obviously have got a bad attitude.

I don't know about the racism. I think some players just get comfortable earning £100k a week for a part-time job.

One of the questions I always ask is what can the player achieve here that they couldn't before. Konsa and Mings can easily answer that question. What could Bale achieve here that he hasn't already done?

I'd much rather we focused our recruitment on players on the way up than players on the way down.

Barkley is mixed race too, Seem to remember some journo getting the boot a while back for posting some comment about him

It’s not racism Wellbeck is absolutely diabolical ffs

Barkley is mixed race too, Seem to remember some journo getting the boot a while back for posting some comment about him
"Journo" might be a stretch - it was former Sun 'editor' Kelvin MacKenzie.

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/kelvin-mackenzie-finally-leaves-sun-wake-racism-row-65382

Anyway, if it were a choice between Alli or Barkly, I'd take Alli all day long. But I reckon it's a moot point and he'll likely end up at PSG. Although watching them the other night, he's way below the quality they have already, so maybe not.

Half our team is black for fucks sake. They either do it or they dont, racism is just giving him a get out.

"Journo" might be a stretch - it was former Sun 'editor' Kelvin MacKenzie.

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/kelvin-mackenzie-finally-leaves-sun-wake-racism-row-65382

Anyway, if it were a choice between Alli or Barkly, I'd take Alli all day long. But I reckon it's a moot point and he'll likely end up at PSG. Although watching them the other night, he's way below the quality they have already, so maybe not.

"he'll likely end up at PSG. Although watching them the other night, he's way below the quality they have already"

Players like Gueye ?

Status
Not open for further replies.