The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
£60m for a 28 year old. Won't happen

Eden Hazard sold for £102 million, aged 28.

Luis Saurez sold for £74 million aged 27.

Riyad Mahrez £61 million aged 27.

Aubameyang £58 million. Aged 28.

Di Maria £57 million aged 27.

Its not unheard of, especially with today's inflated prices.

Anyway it was Dan who said that figure. I think we could get him for around £40-45mill.

It's a no on Buendia. He's very very good but we simply have to have at least one midfielder who's able to win a header next season.
We need players who can create chances, that's the top priority IMO, Buendia fits the bill.

It's a no on Buendia. He's very very good but we simply have to have at least one midfielder who's able to win a header next season.

We need players who can create chances, that's the top priority IMO, Buendia fits the bill.

Winning headers in midfield ? Drop McGinn or Luiz for Berge who’s 6.5ft, 23 years old and his all round game is good - 35m

Dele Alli 6.2ft 25 years old there’s your creativity and height 25m

Buendia for me and I’ve always said this will be one one of the very best players in Europe, He’s different to Jack and if anything I think both will help each other hit their ceiling and improve different aspects of their game.

Could easily play behind Ollie instead of getting Ali, and bring someone fast like Sarr down the wing, would be a pretty balanced team.

I think because this thread along with so many other rumour threads start so early we end up talking about players who have been linked in the past, or who we would like to get, perhaps now the season is drawing to a close we should have a rumour thread, but also a thread for players we would like to see, I remember a lot of the admin team didn’t like us talking about who aren’t actual rumours.

He's shit there you go!

No, seriously he can't get a look in at Liverpool even in an injury-ravaged underperforming side.
I think it speaks volumes about his attitude that he’s decided to stay at Anfield where he’ll never be a serious part of the side rather than trying to push on an achieve something with his career at a club where he’ll actually play. For that alone I’d avoid him, even if I do think he could do a reasonable job for someone like us

Tongue was firmly pressed in cheek for that one. Buendia looks top, but our midfield just *looks* really lightweight. That's my age showing I suspect.

As above though, the more I think about Dele Alli, the more he makes sense. He could be our Jesse Lingard hopefully as opposed to our Ross Barkley.

We also need an explosive left-footed player to push Traore or relegate him to the bench.

Last edited:
Think we should go for Jude Bellingham. For all sorts of reasons.

When I've watched him in the past I never really understood all the fuss, but last night he was tremendous - hard to believe he's only 17. Exactly the type of midfielder I think we need, but couldnt see it happening. He would cost a fortune and will probably be picked up by one of Europes elite clubs when his contract is getting close to expiring.

When I've watched him in the past I never really understood all the fuss, but last night he was tremendous - hard to believe he's only 17. Exactly the type of midfielder I think we need, but couldnt see it happening. He would cost a fortune and will probably be picked up by one of Europes elite clubs when his contract is getting close to expiring.

I thought that, never really understood the fuss , but he looked the part last night .

Can we set up a bot that bans anyone who suggests we sign Alli?

Considering JP has also said he’d sign Alli I think that’s unlikely 🤣

The biggest problem Alli has is his attitude, he thinks he’s better than everyone else, and is literally angry any time the team loses and calls people out on it, he’s only just turned 25, has a point to prove, has a goal contribution of every other game, was rated over 80m not so long ago, for me we could do with that bite, and he’s good mates with Grealish, something I can see them two getting on off the pitch, I’m thinking chemistry will be there straight away, Alli’s the type that doesn’t need an arm around his shoulder like Barkley, He’s literally desperate to prove to the whole world that he’s a quality player, an tbh I like the idea of Alli telling Mings he is shit from time to time, it’ll only improve him, tell it to someone like Al Ghazi or Barkley and it’ll most likely break them.

You also want players that Jack looks at and thinks, Yes! Ambition! We’re gonna smash into Europe!

Barkley was always going to be hit or miss, he started out promising but he’s heads gone for whatever reason, an when you look at his contribution towards goals it’s no that great at all.

So what’s your deal with him, why don’t you like him ? If the 25m is correct it’s a no brainer for me.

I agree think we missed the boat.

I’d agree if they weren’t so poor, They’d turn 30m down but I think he’s every bit worth 40m, they’ll need to reinvest that.
At the start of the season he was so disappointed at not moving away, the manager gave him a few weeks off to get his head back, as he was really down.
Yes they’ll get back into the Premiership but I think if we put in a bid and he can see that he can challenge for Europe with us, has Martinez here, and he knows we have genuine quality with ambition, I think his head will be turned again and it’ll all be about how much they can get for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.