The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 215 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like someone else says makes sense with Alveraz able to fill several roles and is young enough to adapt, whilst bringing in a more experienced attacking forward.

Having Alvarez and Traore on the bench to choose to fill LW, CAM, RW and ST would make a huge difference, Whilst Bailey/Pereira as main RW.

We know signings are incoming, worries me slightly with Deano saying Prem/English experience if we’re looking at Cantwell or Dwight O’Neil not convinced on either.

From what I've seen the only player we have who is similar to Ollie and could therefore replace him without needing to change the formation or style of play is Brad Young.

Same energy. Same endless running.. Same the way he plays off the shoulder and runs the channels. He's surely be a better option than either Davis or Wesley.

Personally I'd have him in and also get Caleb Chukwuemeka, just to annoy commentators.

Two Youngs, two Ramsey's and two Chukwuemeka's. Get you brains round that Danny Murphy you twat!
And two Emi's

Yep it's not like finding a 35-year-old keeper who can still do a job for half a season.
Dean said Ollie can play 38 games and he's basically going to play 38 games. The only way he doesn't play 38 games is injury or we've signed Harry Kane.

More than 38 games if you include cup runs. I hope we have sufficient depth this summer to have a good stab at the cups. If Brad is advanced enough to make the grade all well and good, because I don't fancy relying on Davis and Wes's attitude seems all wrong. But if not we need another striker or another approach.

All the click bait in all about JT leaving Villa today, so even IF we were anywhere near signing anyone, would we hear about it.

Meanwhile, we'll just have to sit in a dark room, around a table and hold hands and see if anything moves I suppose.
Even if we were on the brink of signing someone, the last people to know would be sports media.
A prime example is Ashley Preece and his colleges at Birmingham live. On one hand, Preece will say that it's almost impossible to get transfer news out of villa park but BL will print 20-30 stories every day.

If that does not prove that 99% of the tripe these organisations print is made utter rubbish.

Even if we were on the brink of signing someone, the last people to know would be sports media.
A prime example is Ashley Preece and his colleges at Birmingham live. On one hand, Preece will say that it's almost impossible to get transfer news out of villa park but BL will print 20-30 stories every day.

If that does not prove that 99% of the tripe these organisations print is made utter rubbish.

Yeah, and that's basically what I said, but in a different way.

It looks like the Pogba deal is back on. Utd have agreed a €50m deal for Varane. As soon as that goes through, they are looking to offload Pogba and his huge wages.

Apparently, Pogba was hoping PSG would come in for him but all of the ESL clubs are keeping their money in their pockets while they wait to see what happens with Covid and the ESL.

It looks like the Pogba deal is back on. Utd have agreed a €50m deal for Varane. As soon as that goes through, they are looking to offload Pogba and his huge wages.

Apparently, Pogba was hoping PSG would come in for him but all of the ESL clubs are keeping their money in their pockets while they wait to see what happens with Covid and the ESL.

Pogba will see out the remaining year of his contract then move next summer for big wages.

Yeah I heard similar. Apparently the only stumbling block to the move last week was JT.

Pobga and Ferdinand are close and Rio 'advised' him to steer clear while JT was around.

Now that obstacle has been removed, fully expecting him to sign by the end of the week. Hourihane going in the opposite direction as a make weight. Solksjaer apparently a big fan of his since his Cardiff days.

Status
Not open for further replies.