The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have Giroud

No they don't.

as well and Harland on the way

No he's not.

what's Antonio then at West Ham ?

He's definitely not an out and out no. 9. He was a wing back not long ago and only got tried up front coz Haller was shit.

Ci£y have Torres

Wide man.

South American gamble.

and Kane.

No they don't.

Even teams like Southampton have the likes of Ings and Adams.

Adams is awful.

Looks like the problem with Ollie having barren spells, is being dealt with by buying players that give him better service, i'm sure there are a few in the squad that can fill in for him if need be. I can't see us spending a fortune on another striker.
That doesn't sort an injury issue or suspension

Think Traore can fill in for the second strikers role, then Alvarez maybe brought in to work towards the strikers role. Who knows, would be nice to have Giroud on the bench but he’d want top dollar. Nothing is set in stone yet so I’m sure we’ve got some irons in the fire somewhere with someone.

Chelsea have Giroud as well and Harland on the way , what's Antonio then at West Ham ? Ci£y have Torres Jesus and Kane.
Even teams like Southampton have the likes of Ings and Adams.
Antonio main striker at West Ham even though converted from RM/RWB/RB which he was played for several seasons before last. Not a good argument

West Ham got 6th with their "striker" Antonio only getting 10 goals. Where did they magic the other goals from? Midfielders. 36 and Coufal with 10 you'd have to say overperformed. We got 32 from mids and surely Buendia outscores Barkley's 3 goals while also making our midfield less sieve like

West Ham got 6th with their "striker" Antonio only getting 10 goals. Where did they magic the other goals from? Midfielders. 36 and Coufal with 10 you'd have to say overperformed. We got 32 from mids and surely Buendia outscores Barkley's 3 goals while also making our midfield less sieve like
Haller got 7 on top of the Antonios 10

We don't need a back up striker. We have Wesley and Davis, we also have Bert who can play there and that South American winger can play there too assuming that deal goes through. I think El Goalsie can play there as well, if he stays.

From what I've seen the only player we have who is similar to Ollie and could therefore replace him without needing to change the formation or style of play is Brad Young.

Same energy. Same endless running.. Same the way he plays off the shoulder and runs the channels. He's surely be a better option than either Davis or Wesley.

Personally I'd have him in and also get Caleb Chukwuemeka, just to annoy commentators.

Two Youngs, two Ramsey's and two Chukwuemeka's. Get you brains round that Danny Murphy you twat!

We don't need a back up striker. We have Wesley and Davis, we also have Bert who can play there and that South American winger can play there too assuming that deal goes through. I think El Goalsie can play there as well, if he stays.
I think it would be nice to have a good option, something different to bring on. Davis is bloody useless, Wes, well, doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

That said, it wouldn't be top of my priority list, I think we need to prioritise direct improvements to the first team if possible. We finished 11th last season. if we look to sign a somewhat expensive back up for a player who played most league games last season, I just don't see how that's going to massively push us on.

A proven second striker to sit on the bench and provide competition for Ollie.

Going to be a tough gig finding someone to fill that role I reckon.

Yep it's not like finding a 35-year-old keeper who can still do a job for half a season.
Dean said Ollie can play 38 games and he's basically going to play 38 games. The only way he doesn't play 38 games is injury or we've signed Harry Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.