The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Are you planning for another relegation battle? You've almost built an entire side from the relegated teams
Hahaha! No just listing the players from the three sides that went down that I would take. Definitely not all of them at once but they're all good! We did very well signing top players from teams below us with MON, tried and tested system.

Just seems to be re-hashed rumours from January so far. Milot Rashica from Bremen back on the radar apparently. He's a LW so certainly an area of the pitch we need to improve.

wouldnt take billing.... defo over rated and relegated twice in consecutive seasons... Will Hughes is a good call but he looked like he couldnt be bothered to be up for the fight over the last couple of games so not sure.... although sometimes its not the glamour players that make a great team, its great team players as 1980-82 proved, but those were different times obviously

wouldnt take billing.... defo over rated and relegated twice in consecutive seasons... Will Hughes is a good call but he looked like he couldnt be bothered to be up for the fight over the last couple of games so not sure.... although sometimes its not the glamour players that make a great team, its great team players as 1980-82 proved, but those were different times obviously

Billing played great against us which made me think he could be a great signing as well, but i was reading Bournemouth forum pages and they dont seem to rate him. No great praise and one even stated (before Sunday) that he will be lucky to get a Prem offer.

Billing would certainly add a physical presence to our side, the guy is huge. IMO we should have signed him last year but slightly leaning towards your view now, 2 consecutive relegations suggests something maybe not quite right although he does tick several boxes (physical player, PL experience, young, “good stats”)

Will Hughes is on the same level as Hourihane, maybe marginally better but not enough to consider him as an option.

Just seems to be re-hashed rumours from January so far. Milot Rashica from Bremen back on the radar apparently. He's a LW so certainly an area of the pitch we need to improve.
Would seem a strange move on his side though to jump from Bundesliga relegation candidates to PL relegation candidates you’d have thought if we was any good (which apparently he is) he’d join a safe Europa league team somewhere

Billing played great against us which made me think he could be a great signing as well, but i was reading Bournemouth forum pages and they dont seem to rate him. No great praise and one even stated (before Sunday) that he will be lucky to get a Prem offer.

lots of people played great against us but doesnt make them great players.

i just looked at how he performed for Huddersfield and Bournemouth..... and if anyone saw the games v Newcastle and Southampton, I had to google to see if he played.....

Don't get the Billing love in. He's a lanky streak of piss who puts himself about, and none too effectively. He's a red card waiting to happen and should have been sent off at least twice when Bournemouth came to B6. Not for me Jeff.

I think we need to do a lot better than picking over the carcasses of the relegated teams. As @sirdennis mentioned (maybe in another thread), those teams were relegated for a reason.

Of the ones that went, maybe a couple of Sarr from Watford, Cantwell or Aarons from Norwich and maybe Ake or Callum Wilson from Bournemouth might add quality to our squad, but on the whole, no one else stands out.

lots of people played great against us but doesnt make them great players.

i just looked at how he performed for Huddersfield and Bournemouth..... and if anyone saw the games v Newcastle and Southampton, I had to google to see if he played.....

Billing is a huge thanks, but no thanks from me.

Reactions: AS
ake will be at man city by the end of the week, i thought cantwell was a poor mans jack, aarons will go to spurs or arsenal, but Jamal Lewis, thats a good shout

I don't see the point in raiding the relegated clubs too much. They were relegated for a reason .
Everyone can we see we are crying out for experience but when some fairly decent players with 3 or 4 years+ in the PL become available we should turn our noses up at them? I’d rather someone like Capoue than some guy from Belgium no one has ever heard of

In the past we have signed some decent players from relegated clubs.

It’s funny because I nearly posted that we’d signed poor journeymen from relegated clubs in the past - then I came to name then and I could think of Kieran Richardson. Was James Chester another one?

I’m nervous about signing relegated players to sirdens point earlier. Being relegated must take a bit of a toll on some players - defeatist, and losing that career momentum. Different players act and react differently I guess, for some it might be a good experience.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Callum Wilson though, that’s for sure. He’s probably got Man Utd thoughts in his head but a club like Villa would be great for him, in the same way the likes of Bent and Defoe did so well from careers and mid tables clubs.

Cantwell for me as a back up for Jack. Won't be up to Jack standard at first but young enough to get up to speed.

Rather than look at relegated teams to pick up players we need to aim for top players at teams who are struggling financially. Real Madrid and Barcelona for instance have both stated that they need to move players on for financial reasons. Let's stop this aim low attitude that we've had over the years. FFP has restricted this in the past but covid has led to the possibility of signing world class players for average player fees.