The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Let's keep Jack and put some quality alongside him. Frazier (?) from Bournemouth might help. I wanted Ings when he was crocked. Be very happy to have him.

There's a young 21 year old centre forward playing in Argentina's super liga for San Lorenzo called Adolfo Gaich who has played 13 games scored 5 and assisted 1, He's 1.90 so a big unit but has great feet. At his age he should, with the right coach, only get better.

Let's keep Jack and put some quality alongside him. Frazier (?) from Bournemouth might help. I wanted Ings when he was crocked. Be very happy to have him.

Jack isnt going anywhere. He made that clear on Twitter tonight

20200727_001833.jpg

There's a young 21 year old centre forward playing in Argentina's super liga for San Lorenzo called Adolfo Gaich who has played 13 games scored 5 and assisted 1, He's 1.90 so a big unit but has great feet. At his age he should, with the right coach, only get better.

Sounds very much like Wesley.

I hope we’ve learned against buying unproven foreign imports in the hope they become good Premier league players.

For me we need a RB, LB, RW, LW, CM, ST! 6 maximum to avoid huge disruption and get some continuity.

No unproven unheard of B league foreign players. PL and Championship experienced players only.

Exciting times ahead, the foundations are in place now and we can really build and move forward.

Fraser has had a very mediocre season and to me looks like he’s only ever had 1 stand out year which may or may not be a fluke, not to mention his attitude looks all wrong. Refused to play after lockdown because he wanted to leave on a free transfer, to me that’s certainly someone we shouldn’t touch with a barge pole, we’d be relegated if we had players like him... as Bournemouth have found out

I genuinely think if we don't buy starting quality cover for certain positions the 5 subs rule will see us back in the "points lost from winning positions" graphic again next year.

We need someone who could start in Hourihane's position ahead of him. Agreed Lansbury and Drinkgravy should be binned off entirely.
For me I think Elmohamady is more than adequate at right back cover and Konsa can play there too. Taylor is a bit weak but for how often a sub left back plays it’s not a huge priority for me and we can always put Hause or even Mings there in an emergency. I’d rather focus on an experienced centre back, a solid midfielder and a good right winger

5 in the league by January 1st so no reason to think he couldn't double that. Especially as you'd hope he'd be getting more used to the league as the season went on.

Can't go into the season relying on him coming back though. The amount of time he's had out its not going to be a caseof hitting the ground running. Get someone in who can carry the load and ease the lad in, like we should have last summer in my opinion.
Completely agree, I don’t want to write Wesley off but with 9 months out or so it will take him quite a while to get back up to full fitness and PL match sharpness, and there was the issue about his quality anyway. That’s not even considering the risk his injury causes longer damage like it did for Kozak who just never came back for us

The Mesut Ozil reportedly on £300k (or more) a week at Arsenal? I'll go out on a limb here, but possibly won't happen.
He does also look like the type of player where money is the driving factor too. However, after his carjacking experience he has completely fallen off the cliff. Don't think he has played for Arsenal since then has he?

They definitely want shot of him - and his contract expires end of 21. Maybe arsenal would accept a loan to reduce his massive wage costs? I'd take him for a year loan just to see if there is a chance he can make a comeback.

Interesting to see if we continue the young and hungry policy or go for proven PL players looking at the suggestion on here i see people going for up and coming players like Benrahma, who yet again hasn't played in the PL .

All I've heard for the last 9 months is we should have gone fro some experience and now everyone is on here suggesting inexperience again, or players from teams around us. I get that every team has their star man who is very good but we need 3 or 4 of the quality of Jack or Dougie if we are going young, Don't we?

I do like the look of Benrahma but last night was a bit of a red flag, he didn't deliver when it was most needed.

We need to prioritise players with good top flight experience. I also don't really like the idea of raiding relegated teams like some are suggesting. I mean Fraiser I do rate but he looks destined to move to a side like West Ham on a wage we'd never pay.

Wilson gets talked up a lot but his record isn't even very good, he scored just two more league goals than Wesley this season and played a lot more games, just think about that.

I'd take a good few of the Bournemouth players. Wilson and King haven't had the best seasons but they're premier league standard strikers. Solanke is just starting to come into form in the last few games, could have his breakthrough season next season but maybe a year in the championship will do him good. Fraser definitely, but he will be off to Arsenal. Nathan Ake and Billing are both excellent too, would be brilliant signings.

From Watford, I'd take Foster if Heaton is expected to be injured for the start of the season, Saar and Doucoure.

Norwich I'd take both of their young British full backs to compete with Targett and Guilbert, I'd take Godfrey to compete with Konsa, I'd take Cantwell.