The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Should we stay up how about Ryan Fraiser. Out of contract and we definitely need a decent winger. I'd love to see us bid for Tarkowski as well as Dyche could be leaving Burnley so perhaps a few of their players will be as well. Both experienced premier league players that are good ages and probably wouldn't be out of out our price range.

No one truly knows how much the players are on except the club and the players themselves. I do know that before the season started Purslow did an interview and said that to pay players proper premier league wages you had to be in the Premier league for about 3 years.
Oh how wrong you are JW!! Plenty of people on here have a forensic knowledge of players' contracts at Villa, and indeed other clubs.

He would be a great signing if we need someone to keep our medical staff busy. Not for me.
I know where you’re coming from but the same thing could have been said about Danny Ings 12 months ago. As it’s a free transfer surely it would be worth a punt

I know where you’re coming from but the same thing could have been said about Danny Ings 12 months ago. As it’s a free transfer surely it would be worth a punt

All signings are a gamble and for me Lallana would definitely have been worth the gamble. He's off to Brighton unfortunately.

All signings are a gamble and for me Lallana would definitely have been worth the gamble. He's off to Brighton unfortunately.

Shame , but I suppose until we know for certain what league we will be playing in next season , then we can't really do anything.

More youngsters signing for the academy. 2 Dutch lads this time. Sil Swinkels currently of Vitesse and Lamaar Bogarde of Feyenoord. Bogarde is the nephew of Winston Bogarde formerly of Ajax, Barcelona and Chelsea reserves.
Double Dutch?

Out
Nyland, Kalinic, Taylor, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Samatta out. Them and whoever is out of contract.

In
Experienced cb, Experienced midfielder, quality lb, 2 quality wingers, 1 top quality striker and 1 good younger striker.

God knows who we've been looking at but I'd love Tarkowski and Fraiser for starters.

Summer might be interesting now. Owners have a Premier League club and hopefully have ambitions to push us forwards over the next few seasons towards the top 8. Who goes out, who comes in, how much we spend in making sure we don't find ourselves in this position again. I'm sure there will be much to discuss

Well that changes things, time for the owners to drop some serious cash so we are never in this position again.

That's the thing, last season so much change was needed we know they spent but we couldn't judge overall ambitions - half covering the risk of relegation as well for FFP purposes.

No one needs talk of FFP now - the only boggle is wage growth restrictions. We have basically got another 150m to spunk and if we could spend more this season as assumed, we can certainly spend more next season as well.

Ambitions will be shown by how we spend it this time around in my humble. We all know we need further strengthening/depth but we also know we need a STRIKER.

The unknown named punts are well and good, as are youngsters - but you don't only find resale value from unknowns.

Out
Nyland, Kalinic, Taylor, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Samatta out. Them and whoever is out of contract.

El Ghazi has until Jan for me.

The other two, at least next season but not as starters.

We can't tear everything again and look to 10 changes....we need 4/5 key changes only.

Out

In
Experienced cb, Experienced midfielder, quality lb, 2 quality wingers, 1 top quality striker and 1 good younger striker.

God knows who we've been looking at but I'd love Tarkowski and Fraiser for starters.
I'd add Nakamba to the Outs. Lovely seeming fella but his ability to win the ball is only matched by his ability to give it away. Obviously we'd need to replace him with someone who could cover Douggie.