The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

So who are our definite first team starters and what do we need to add have a really competitive first team?
We need quality this time. 4-5 first team starters.
Would love to have Tammy back (chelski have brought werner so Tammy will be 2nd-3rd choice), a right winger (if we could get Sancho that would be nice😂), a centre midfielder (Doucoure from Watford?)
and a left back, keeping targett as backup.
Hopefully Heaton can come back otherwise a decent gk might be needed.

Wesley would have reached double figures, no doubt in my mind.

5 in the league by January 1st so no reason to think he couldn't double that. Especially as you'd hope he'd be getting more used to the league as the season went on.

Can't go into the season relying on him coming back though. The amount of time he's had out its not going to be a caseof hitting the ground running. Get someone in who can carry the load and ease the lad in, like we should have last summer in my opinion.

the most important need is a top quality striker... not some 20 goal a season import from the belgian league, we got lucky once but never happened again, i mean some quality striker, even if its only on loan

Abraham would be a good call as he will struggle at chelsea next season, you dont spend all that money on two german wunderkids to stick them on the bench. Frank obviously favours Giroud now for some reason. Someone like callum wilson would be another good call but i think he's got his sights set on warming the spurs bench for most of the season. I dont want us to go overseas if we can help it. The premiership is littered with great overseas goalscorers from Alfonso Alves via Ricky van Wolfwinkle to Bosko Balaban who've flattered to deceive in sub standard leagues.... personally id look into the championship and take a risk on someone like olly watkins or the kid eze at QPR for a starter

Season’s over. Next season starts tomorrow. I’ll be flicking between the cricket and the transfer news. No standing still.

Heaton/Steer

Guilbert/Elmo
Konsa/Tuanzebe?
Mings/Hause
Targett/Lewis?

Douglas/Nakamba
McGinn/Hourihane
Grealish/Eze?

Benrahma?/El Ghazi
Brooks?/Trezeguet
Abraham?/Wesley

Think we need two wingers and move Grealish inside, a left back, a new central defender to replace Engels, a new striker to replace Samatta. No idea who but threw a few suggestions in above.

Exciting.

Right, back to business with this thread!

I echo all who say Abraham and Benrahma. I don't know if we would be able to but I'd like the intention to be there.

Defo another winger to that list. I also think we need both a left and right back. Targett and Guilbert should not be the best of what we have.

Is Heaton going to be what he once was? A short term deal with Reina again? He has been quite ropey, but could tide us over until Heaton gets back up to speed.

Just a thought, would anyone be up for Ozil? Clearly his time is up at Arse. On a good day, always thought he was a serious cut above.

Sooo, forward, 2 wingers, LB, RB, another midfielder and maybe another central defender? 150 mil please. Thank you

ps, Jack ain't allowed to go anywhere

One things for sure, by staying up we have given ourselves a chance of attracting some quality players to this club who wouldn't have given us a second look in the championship. Lets hope we don't go down the penny pinching route again.

Despite his age I’d be in for Milner. Really looks after himself so think he’d be good for at least a year or two.