The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

As far as our incoming business, we need someone to take Hourihane's place in left midfield, we need at least one starting quality wing forward, one starting quality CF and another decent back up, plus cover for each full-back position. That's before I even contemplate covering for the fucking 5 subs rule.

Good centre-left midfielders?
Deulefou or Benrahma would be great for wing forward
Tammy's name keeps coming up at CF but does he have the all round game for that role the way we play?

If we are in the PL next season I agree we need a solid midfielder to be brought in but I don’t get why Hourihane has been singled out as the problem. He’s been getting good reviews recently and deserves a place in the squad.

Mcginn has been sub-par since his return, Nakamba has barely been involved since the restart and to me he’s looked below standard before that anyway and Drinkwater & Lansbury have been disasters so the problem is a lack of quality all round not just Hourihane who has done a good job as a squad player for us.

For me if we stay up it’s about making sensible signings to improve the starting 11 in a few key areas. You can forget about “full back cover” or the “5 subs” I’d rather sign 3 or 4 key players than 7 or 8 bringing in squad players and cover we don’t need for every position.

Can't stand that little punk. He makes Maupay look like a choir boy. And I think he goes hiding when going gets tough, similar to Delefeou....
Buendia? Apart from that incident against Ashley Westwood I didn’t think of him as a dirty player (there have been times I’ve wanted to hit Westwood over the head!!). Could be wrong though as I don’t tend to watch Norwich in that much detail.

He has created the 4th most chances for team mates this season in the league, a similar amount as Grealish, which isn’t bad for a team as woeful as Norwich so if he disappears easily not sure how his stats would look that good?

Wouldn't mind lallana, being released from Liverpool, can play on the wing or attacking role in the midfield, good work ethic and something to prove with injuries.

Can open up play, commit players also scores a few and premiership experience at the highest level

Apparently Brighton are interested surely we'd be able to beat them to his signature.

Wouldn't mind lallana, being released from Liverpool, can play on the wing or attacking role in the midfield, good work ethic and something to prove with injuries.

Can open up play, commit players also scores a few and premiership experience at the highest level

Apparently Brighton are interested surely we'd be able to beat them to his signature.

I mentioned Lallana last Summer, but didnt seem to go down well with a few people as he wasnt young and hungry enough! Some are dead set against signing anyone over the age of 29

I mentioned Lallana last Summer, but didnt seem to go down well with a few people as he wasnt young and hungry enough! Some are dead set against signing anyone over the age of 29

Sometimes while age might not be against him, he's been in the game longer enough to be clever and see the game differently and the experience he could pass on could be priceless

More youngsters signing for the academy. 2 Dutch lads this time. Sil Swinkels currently of Vitesse and Lamaar Bogarde of Feyenoord. Bogarde is the nephew of Winston Bogarde formerly of Ajax, Barcelona and Chelsea reserves.

If we are in the PL next season I agree we need a solid midfielder to be brought in but I don’t get why Hourihane has been singled out as the problem. He’s been getting good reviews recently and deserves a place in the squad.

Mcginn has been sub-par since his return, Nakamba has barely been involved since the restart and to me he’s looked below standard before that anyway and Drinkwater & Lansbury have been disasters so the problem is a lack of quality all round not just Hourihane who has done a good job as a squad player for us.

For me if we stay up it’s about making sensible signings to improve the starting 11 in a few key areas. You can forget about “full back cover” or the “5 subs” I’d rather sign 3 or 4 key players than 7 or 8 bringing in squad players and cover we don’t need for every position.
I genuinely think if we don't buy starting quality cover for certain positions the 5 subs rule will see us back in the "points lost from winning positions" graphic again next year.

We need someone who could start in Hourihane's position ahead of him. Agreed Lansbury and Drinkgravy should be binned off entirely.

Pretty much agree with all of that, especially the last point I think 5 signings maximum and the 3 key signings being the spine CB, CM, CF. Throw in a very good wide player and I think we then have a lot more flexibility with where to play Grealish.

When it comes to Hourihane its a question of do we want to improve or not. In a midfield trio of McGinn, Luiz and Hourihane he is the weakest link. Its the same at the back Konsa has been good but he has a long way to go.

If we stay up, then I'd like to think the whistle is still wet in the mouth and we've already started negotiating with calum wilson. We need him.

I genuinely think if we don't buy starting quality cover for certain positions the 5 subs rule will see us back in the "points lost from winning positions" graphic again next year.

We need someone who could start in Hourihane's position ahead of him. Agreed Lansbury and Drinkgravy should be binned off entirely.
I posted somewhere else on this..... any club outside of the Sky Six that votes in favour of five subs is an absolute disgrace... just another attempt by the FA to pander to the media and keep the challengers on the outside.

Just picking up on the Tammy Abraham talk in the Jack thread.

Theres no way we're buying him back.

He's just signed a 1 year extension to his contract taking him to 2023 which put him on approximately 75-100k per week.

Why would he sign if he was thinking of leaving?

Also those wages would blow our wage structure out of the water.... I read last year that Tom Heaton was our top earner at 42k per week. It wouldn't surprise me if Jack has had a bump in pay since then but we clearly aren't in the market for 100k per week players.

Finally, why would he come to us? He's an England International who has just scored 16 goals for a champions league level club... If Chelsea do let him go you can bet there will be champions league level clubs after him.

He's just signed a 1 year extension to his contract taking him to 2023 which put him on approximately 75-100k per week.

Also those wages would blow our wage structure out of the water.... I read last year that Tom Heaton was our top earner at 42k per week. It wouldn't surprise me if Jack has had a bump in pay since then but we clearly aren't in the market for 100k per week players.

Finally, why would he come to us? He's an England International who has just scored 16 goals for a champions league level club... If Chelsea do let him go you can bet there will be champions league level clubs after him.
It was rumoured Grealish was on £60k+ in the championship and when he was fined for breaking lockdown it was reported as £150k which was 2 weeks wages.

Lansbury, Hourihane and Hogan were all signed on top Championship wages around £45k and was well known that we had a ridiculously high championship budget (hence why we ran out of money) so I can’t see the likelihood that Heaton is our top earner at £40k at all

It was rumoured Grealish was on £60k+ in the championship and when he was fined for breaking lockdown it was reported as £150k which was 2 weeks wages.

Lansbury, Hourihane and Hogan were all signed on top Championship wages around £45k and was well known that we had a ridiculously high championship budget (hence why we ran out of money) so I can’t see the likelihood that Heaton is our top earner at £40k at all

When we signed Hourihane it was reported at the time as him being on 7k at Barnsley and we were offering him 28k,. Not sure why you would quadruple someone's wages to get them from Barnsley to Aston Villa. that's a stupid system, Obviously, nobody knows what any of them are on and Media tend to make stuff up . I know I was on £200 a week in the 70's according to the Brum Mail , it was actually about 80 quid but hey it was gospel

No one truly knows how much the players are on except the club and the players themselves. I do know that before the season started Purslow did an interview and said that to pay players proper premier league wages you had to be in the Premier league for about 3 years.

Far too sensible. He's had a good season at Chelsea so why would they let a capable goal scorer leave? They need good competition for Werner and a good rotation option with the demands of the league and cup competitions. Top teams always have quality options up front.

He would be a great signing if we need someone to keep our medical staff busy. Not for me.
I didn't realise how old he was. I wouldn't turn my nose up at signing him but I'd expect us to also be signing younger quality in that position.