The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

The Savo thing is brilliant bullshit. No way it can be true but its so WTF that it draws you in. I did love the guy when he played for us though. Only Villa player I've ever had on the back of a shirt.

A ÂŁ725,000 bonus if he gets Villa to the top 4?

Shouldn't it be a knighthood?

Anyway, love Savo (despite spitgate) but that's a pile of shite.

Savo was a quality player in all honesty. Pretty good record for us but was quite an erratic finisher at a young age. Still showed a lot of quality with some of his goals but also his general play on the ball was fantastic.

He went onto Zaragoza and scored better than 1 in 2 for them in the top flight in Spain. Joint top scorer at Euro 2000 with 5 goals. Big money move to Parma didn't quite work although his first season there was hardly bad and then became a very solid, reliable goalscorer in Spain for the remainder of his career.

I remember watching his debut at the Whorethorns in a friendly, everyone wearing bandanas. I thought this fucker must be injured he was so slow.
Don't think he'll ever be back as he'll be more remembered for gobbling a greenie at the fans than his football.

As so often does I think the passage of time has made him better than he was . Back in the day even our own fans shouted Savo ! Savo ! when other players missed shots.

With my old, cynical , 25 years extra of watching football I can now see how ungainly and awkward he was. Average at best. But that Leeds goal :love:

Trouble is he spat at my fellow fans. For that he needs expunging from our history.

I remember watching his debut at the Whorethorns in a friendly, everyone wearing bandanas. I thought this fucker must be injured he was so slow.
Don't think he'll ever be back as he'll be more remembered for gobbling a greenie at the fans than his football.

Not a patch on Wesley eh.

He'd invariably bag double figures in the league, we'd kill for a striker to score that amount right now.