The Stadium! | Page 162 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

I’m a bit like a kid at Christmas at the moment . Going up to London on Thursday for my Stadium visit .
It should have been starting at one o clock but for some reason the club have cancelled all visits between 11 and 3 pm .
Superb communication from the club , a lady called Adele , and my wife ,managed to re arrange our visit , me and my mate ( it’s both of our seventieth birthdays at the same time , we both started going to see the games at the same time , sixty-one years ago ), for 4 o clock on the same day as arranged previously .
I grew up with the stadium from the sixties, watched the modernisation of the West stand , watched as seats were put in the good old Park Lane and Paxton Road terraces , watched as the original ground got further developed , had a tour two years or so before the demolition of the beloved White Hart Lane and now I’m going to our bright and shiny new home .
I cannot wait .
I watched every brick and steel column being put in place on any platform available and made SE,s life unbearable ha ha , sorry mate !
I have no doubt I will be reporting back on here later .

I’m a bit like a kid at Christmas at the moment . Going up to London on Thursday for my Stadium visit .
It should have been starting at one o clock but for some reason the club have cancelled all visits between 11 and 3 pm .
Superb communication from the club , a lady called Adele , and my wife ,managed to re arrange our visit , me and my mate ( it’s both of our seventieth birthdays at the same time , we both started going to see the games at the same time , sixty-one years ago ), for 4 o clock on the same day as arranged previously .
I grew up with the stadium from the sixties, watched the modernisation of the West stand , watched as seats were put in the good old Park Lane and Paxton Road terraces , watched as the original ground got further developed , had a tour two years or so before the demolition of the beloved White Hart Lane and now I’m going to our bright and shiny new home .
I cannot wait .
I watched every brick and steel column being put in place on any platform available and made SE,s life unbearable ha ha , sorry mate !
I have no doubt I will be reporting back on here later .

That's why you knew I was being truthful about the electrical connectors. You saw me deliver them !!

I had a brilliant day at the stadium on Thursday . Everything I thought it would be was nothing like it was .
It was mind blowing . From the moment we went in the shop to the time we came out .
The views from the top are amazing .
The views of the pitch from the Stratas Lounge are something to see . The lucky sods who see the game from there in that style and comfort make me so jealous . But even up there they are not allowed to watch the game with an alcoholic drink in their hand as the shutters come down on the windows fifteen minutes before the game starts .
It’s ten thousand a year up there and you still don’t get food or drink thrown in !
The tour is great , but sadly it’s not complete yet . The Sky walk , museum and Tottenham experience are not open yet which is a shame .
We did see Deli Alli there doing an interview . I’m sure he recognised me because he gave me a smile and a wave !
The changing rooms are unbelievable , I got to sit in Harry’s seat ! Also went pitch side and sat in Poch’s seat .
Everything is just awesome , walking up that entrance to the pitch and looking around the bowl takes your breath away . I can see now why we are playing so crap there . We are in awe of the place .

The players are so cosseted, doors open automatically for them and showers come on at the correct temperature as they walk in , governed by sensors . !
It was a great day , I won’t forget it , ever . I will have to go back to see all the other bits . The head groundsman said the stadium will never be finished because it is always evolving. At the moment there are over two hundred projects in the pipeline .
unbelievable ......
I am determined to do the abseil down from the top of the south stand . How could anybody have the chance to do that and turn it down .
I did buy a 1961 cup final shirt with Danny Blanchflowers number 4 on the back but I baulked at spending £90 on the current spurs shirt !!
The video at the start of the tour is something to see and brought the hairs on the back of my neck up !
A big thank you to everyone at Spurs for such a great day .

This stadium is really going to take us to another level, The Championship most likely.
Strange how we have both alluded to this Chiv , us ending up in the championship. Both on different threads .
Could you imagine it ! You don’t make a statement like building a stadium like that , only to take your eye off of the team , do you?!!
Only at Tottenham !
We have definitely been in relegation form for some time ,

When the players walk onto the pitch from the tunnel area the “floor “is sprung and is like a draw bridge . They have to walk UP a slope . When the pitch is removed for the NFL games, their pitch is six feet lower and the drawbridge slopes down from the tunnel area but is still sprung .
The football changing rooms have 18“stations,” while the NFL have 58 .
The away entrance from the changing room to the tunnel is very wide and allows for the away team to gather in a huddle , whereas the home entrance is narrow , which forces the home teams to walk out single file and thus look more menacing ........ at least that’s the theory . Haven’t seen it working yet !

Don't care what anyone says; our stadium is a game changer as far as our on-field prospects are concerned. Short term bumps in the road do not bother me in the slightest, the underlying financial strength it will deliver will allow us to (prudently) continue our progress - even if it isn't linear.

Two strand from me. I know thew future will work for us. But I am pissed off that we are where we are. As I said earlier, it is a fact that we have to rebuild. The fact that it is a fact that we have to rebuild is unacceptable. I'll leave it to others to figure out who to blame. Frankly, I don't care. Just fix it.

Two strand from me. I know thew future will work for us. But I am pissed off that we are where we are. As I said earlier, it is a fact that we have to rebuild. The fact that it is a fact that we have to rebuild is unacceptable. I'll leave it to others to figure out who to blame. Frankly, I don't care. Just fix it.

There is plenty of blame to go around - but most of all I blame Levy and others for listening to Poch and not believing what their eyes should have been telling them. Levy took his eye off the ball (literally) as the stadium build became difficult - but others should have been shouting warnings in his ears.

Levy has invested too much faith in Poch and his decision making - when Levy wanted to spend money and Poch didn't, he should have known better.

But we're truly in it now, and sadly we shouldn't be surprised.

I had a brilliant day at the stadium on Thursday . Everything I thought it would be was nothing like it was .
It was mind blowing . From the moment we went in the shop to the time we came out .
The views from the top are amazing .
The views of the pitch from the Stratas Lounge are something to see . The lucky sods who see the game from there in that style and comfort make me so jealous . But even up there they are not allowed to watch the game with an alcoholic drink in their hand as the shutters come down on the windows fifteen minutes before the game starts .
It’s ten thousand a year up there and you still don’t get food or drink thrown in !
The tour is great , but sadly it’s not complete yet . The Sky walk , museum and Tottenham experience are not open yet which is a shame .
We did see Deli Alli there doing an interview . I’m sure he recognised me because he gave me a smile and a wave !
The changing rooms are unbelievable , I got to sit in Harry’s seat ! Also went pitch side and sat in Poch’s seat .
Everything is just awesome , walking up that entrance to the pitch and looking around the bowl takes your breath away . I can see now why we are playing so crap there . We are in awe of the place .

The players are so cosseted, doors open automatically for them and showers come on at the correct temperature as they walk in , governed by sensors . !
It was a great day , I won’t forget it , ever . I will have to go back to see all the other bits . The head groundsman said the stadium will never be finished because it is always evolving. At the moment there are over two hundred projects in the pipeline .
unbelievable ......
I am determined to do the abseil down from the top of the south stand . How could anybody have the chance to do that and turn it down .
I did buy a 1961 cup final shirt with Danny Blanchflowers number 4 on the back but I baulked at spending £90 on the current spurs shirt !!
The video at the start of the tour is something to see and brought the hairs on the back of my neck up !
A big thank you to everyone at Spurs for such a great day .
Glad you had a great time WW, now if only the excellence of the Stadium could be transfered to our performances on the pitch!

To my way of thinking , the fact that we have built this stadium , a world class stadium in every aspect , is more important than anything . There is the old idiom , bandied about a lot that “this team is too good to go down “ . We all know the foolishness of thinking that .
With all that has been invested in this club, the mantra should be that we cannot allow this stadium , at any cost , to go down to a lower division .
Surely we can’t afford to let it flounder in mid table either .

To my way of thinking , the fact that we have built this stadium , a world class stadium in every aspect , is more important than anything . There is the old idiom , bandied about a lot that “this team is too good to go down “ . We all know the foolishness of thinking that .
With all that has been invested in this club, the mantra should be that we cannot allow this stadium , at any cost , to go down to a lower division .
Surely we can’t afford to let it flounder in mid table either .

There is money to spend. Getting the right targets though is still easier said than done for Spurs - we have no history/legacy for fishing in this pool, and to many targets, that matters alot.

Last edited:
And so our building of additional revenue streams continues:...

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to host final match of 2020 rugby league Ashes series

Adam Nelson, Europe office
November 7, 2019

The new Tottenham Hotspur stadium has added rugby league to its growing portfolio of events, with the club announcing that the venue will host the final game of next year’s Ashes series between England and Australia.
As well as holding football matches as the home venue of the Premier League side, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has recently hosted NFL – staging the Oakland Raiders against the Chicago Bears and the Carolina Panthers against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last month – and has a five-year deal in place to host Premiership Rugby’s London derby between Saracens and Harlequins. The first game of that agreement is set to take place in March next year.
Opening the venue to additional sports and events is a major part of Spurs’ strategy to generate extra revenue from their new stadium, which was officially opened in April of this year, eight months after its intended opening, at a total cost of £1bn (€1.16bn/$1.29bn).
The stadium incorporates a retractable artificial turf which is used during NFL games and is likely to be utilised during rugby league and rugby union fixtures at the ground as well.
Daniel Levy, Tottenham Hotspur chairman, said: “We are excited to add another prestigious sport to our portfolio of world-class sporting and entertainment events that our multi-use venue will stage and we look forward to welcoming Rugby League fans to our home next year.”
Australia’s tour of England is set to be the first rugby league Ashes series in 17 years. As well as the Tottenham stadium, the two will also clash in the more traditional rugby league surroundings of the University of Bolton Stadium and Leeds’ Elland Road.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming Australia back to this country for the first time since 2016. International Rugby League is the pinnacle of our game and some of the best rugby players on the planet will be involved,” said Ralph Rimmer, chief executive of the Rugby Football League.
“We hope the venues we have chosen, with a split between Lancashire, Yorkshire and London, will be popular both with regular rugby league supporters and also the broader sporting public. The University of Bolton Stadium and Elland Road have both staged successful Rugby League events in recent years, and it’s exciting for us to be taking a first fixture to the stunning Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.”
Australia are the reigning rugby league world champions, having beaten England in the World Cup final on home soil in 2017.