The Stadium! | Page 142 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Berlin airport right here. So I believe it wont be open untill 2020 if it will ever open.

Dont know who does those predictions but must be a joke. In July it was september in september it was december, than february and now march. LOL a joke.

It's frustrating as hell - but we're in the main contractors and Haringay's hands now.

Our claim for contractual damages should be accumulating like mad now; unless of course we screwed up our performance clauses.
It's a very unusual situation. In personal life, this happens frequently. I had new hardwood floors put into my house a few years ago, and with it a new kitchen. The flooring company greatly underestimated the time required, their main project supervisor was fired for drinking on the job (at someone else's house, thankfully), that in turn delayed the kitchen, and it all took an extra month.

With huge projects like the stadium, which can be compared to public works, there are frequently positive incentives for contractors who finish ahead of time that come into play more often than the penalties for finishing late. They make sure to finish before a deadline and collect a bonus. Taxpayers sometimes complain about that with public contracts, but when it gets your bridge done and traffic going the extra cost is quickly forgotten.

I'd be interested in the contracts, as I deal with them for work. I can't imagine Levy would've had no protection for the club in the contracts, as I did with my little floor project. In hindsight, I probably DID have something like that in the contract, but there was so much relief to have them done and get my house back I never thought about pursuing it.

I am 58 now so my style would probably be more defensive. I have not played for many years. I played against older opponents in the league and they were crafty buggers. I remember watching a tournament and a defensive player in particular. Gabin was his surname. He chopped everything back from a good 15 or 20 feet from the table relentlessly. He was playing Chinese and Japanese players and beating them purely with defence and forcing mistakes.

I used to play to 21 , not sure how the new scoring even works now.
My cousin has played that game his entire life--hitting shots back like a metronome, seemingly aiming for a point in the middle of the table each time and rarely looking for a kill shot. He mostly won!

We used to use Butterfly rubber on our bats. I think it was from Japan. Had to replace it periodically. Before playing by about an hour ran the bat under hot tap then shake dry, not wipe. Made the rubber sticky and tacky so the ball would pick up more spin. Towel grip to handle to stop slipping. Best quality grade balls used to be 3 stars I think, hard and thicker gauge.
Amazing the things we used to do to gain any sort of an advantage . I can remember putting my conkers in the oven .....,,!!!!:pinch::ban::nopity:

Berlin airport right here. So I believe it wont be open untill 2020 if it will ever open.
MM.
Dont know who does those predictions but must be a joke. In July it was september in september it was december, than february and now march. LOL a joke.
Bit over the top sjm. We only ever had one anticipated opening date of September 15 th which could have been achieved in a stadium ready ,but nowhere near finished . Nobody else has ever ,ever given an opening date ,so not sure where you are coming from . Nothing you,me or anybody can do about it ,apart from those on site putting it "right " .
When it gets it's certification it will be a stadium that everyone will aspire to owning .
Berlin Airport had to be knocked down and rebuilt ,I believe . Not sure we are in the same league as that

I'm not happy that a thread on probably the most important project in this clubs history is being allowed to slide to obscurity . I think that whoever took this decision needs to re evaluate it . It needs re pinning .

It seems so weird that this view will never be seen by the foot walking supporter .

This stadium is just so awesome .the apathy on here is frightening .

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The last crane is being dismantled at this very minute . When and if the tower blocks /hotel will be built , the base pads are already in place in the South Stand podium basement for the new cranes
Apparently DL in his unquestionable wisdom , purchased all the cranes rather than hiring them which has saved the club a fortune . Reports are that they cost around six million pounds each , but I have no way of knowing how accurate that figure is

saw a pic that they were testing the retractable pitch today.

Also one SC itk claims we won't be in til next season. I reckon it's still on for March personally.

saw a pic that they were testing the retractable pitch today.

Also one SC itk claims we won't be in til next season. I reckon it's still on for March personally.
I saw that photo as well Freund, they also had that corner lifted up and working on it during the East Stand “ open event” last week . Could be there was some sort of leak onto the space below or something I thought at first it was work on flattening the corner takers area but not sure now. More open events are planned for the 5th Feb which can only be good signs They are charging a pound per head per ticket again for this one , to test the ticketing systems.
Can only mean that other areas have been passed for safe public use and safe thoroughfares

What did your wife say about it? Can you still have kids?
I’ve never told her Tel. Us men need to keep this sort of thing under our hats !
Safe to say that after all these years I have never had a bad word said about them or their performance . They look as pristine today as when I got them out ,wearing my Mums oven gloves .
I never told her either , although I did notice she never used them gloves again . She sent my Dad down to Woolworths for a new pair .

Need a crane to take a crane down, then another to take down the 'take-down' crane....until they can climb up to manually dis-assemble the last one! :0)

I note the cladding on the east stand beginning to take shape.

All good.