The Stadium! | Page 140 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

It will,take on a whole different look when in use. Can’t wait for the tickets to go on sale for the first game.

I noticed on SKY SPORTS NEWS on Friday night ,that they were using one of his videos to show the inside . We have a lot to thank Chris cowling for
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON PROGRESS ON THE FIRST GAME?
Tel, we still have two test events to programme in before the first game can be considered . The club have promised an update on the 7th of Jan ,which is about the same time the last two cranes are due to come down .

Designing a stadium and pitch from scratch I can't believe there will be an issue with the run off area.

How many times do you see a defender being shoved over the touchline ? In this case he gets pushed onto the slope and accelerates down it, then crashes into the hoarding. No surely that won't happen.

Can only assume there is an unseen solution whereby the hydraulic pitch side flaps are raised up and the advertising boards are angled back , otherwise, with the pitch the same on all four sides , the subs are going to have fun warming up , running up and down on that slope , linesman running along the line and defenders putting wingers over the line . Think it’s going to be interesting

were any of you guys at the last game at whl? Can't we start a video library of pics, videos taken at the Lane, both old and new stadiums? As a foreigner, we only get to watch on teli, to watch vids taken inside our stadium wud be awesome

were any of you guys at the last game at whl? Can't we start a video library of pics, videos taken at the Lane, both old and new stadiums? As a foreigner, we only get to watch on teli, to watch vids taken inside our stadium wud be awesome
10 , I don't want to be against your idea ,but there are thousands of videos of the old stadium on YouTube . Also on Internet .
But don't take any notice of me , start a new thread and see how it develops .. There are some brilliant pics out there

^you can almost see the house I was born and grew up in ,in that photo . Ive probably cropped it out . Top left and keep going a bit more.
Walked it more times than I care to remember . Ha ha . The things you do for love

Last edited:
The Telegraph is reporting that we are making the pitch size smaller so corner kicks can be safely taken .
The last two cranes are coming down , started yesterday