The Scally out numpties.... | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Scally out numpties....

Hayward out?
Grossmark doesn’t want promotion.

plus ca change

Hayward was a manager wasn’t he? Not an owner?

And replaced by Andy Nelson so probably a good thing. Although he was just before my time, so I know nothing much at all about Basil Hayward.

Hayward was a manager wasn’t he? Not an owner?

And replaced by Andy Nelson so probably a good thing. Although he was just before my time, so I know nothing much at all about Basil Hayward.

He was a proper gent, determined to unearth all the football talent of Bedford or perish in the attempt. The Priestfield Bolsheviks protested voluably.

Yes maybe so. I noticed Phil did seek to clarify him on the point and said it was 16th highest budget for the first team, not the whole squad, as these are two very different things.
So Evans has decided to spend more on the first team, which has left us rather short on back up options as no budget left.

I thought Phil queried if it was playing staff and PDPS agreed. Obviously we have other staff such as coaches, the catering arm and probably the school that are in the salary budget/cost for the whole year

Wasn't Grossmark also the chairman of the representatives for the 3rd and 4th Division (or something like that) and if we got promoted he would lose the post. We always seemed to have reasons for not going to the promised land.

Wasn't Grossmark also the chairman of the representatives for the 3rd and 4th Division (or something like that) and if we got promoted he would lose the post. We always seemed to have reasons for not going to the promised land.

That was always the thing said against him.

I always wondered why people thought that was the reason we were said not to “want” to go up. Really? He’s chairman of Div3? Surely he (the club) would gain a lot more being in Div2. I doubt that position paid him anything.

If it was true why did we keep doing so well under Summers and then Sir Keith? Surely better to employ a lesser manger and players and stay firmly mid table.

I think the reasons for not getting to the promised land were we weren’t quite good enough. Only 2 used to go up then I think and no playoffs.

He was also my Doctor, his surgery was on the Chatham Maidstone Road.

Southampton Fc has been on the market for years.
Newcastle took eight years to sell.
Just saying

In fairness, that was because Mike Ashley was reluctant to let Newcastle United go as the Premiership club was being used for Sports Direct/Frasers etc to be marketed to a Nationwide and international audience.

He would always invest just about enough to ensure EPL football (and income). But he would rather spend tens of millions on buying-out Jack Wills rather than buying Jack Grealish.

In fairness, that was because Mike Ashley was reluctant to let Newcastle United go as the Premiership club was being used for Sports Direct/Frasers etc to be marketed to a Nationwide and international audience.

He would always invest just about enough to ensure EPL football (and income). But he would rather spend tens of millions on buying-out Jack Wills rather than buying Jack Grealish.
He openly admits that he bought the club to flip it, which eventually he did.
He paid somewhere in the region of £130 million but didn’t do due diligence and after contract, he found out that he was also liable for about £100 million debt.
So his recent sale of £300 million has made him a decent profit.
Whether it was worth the agro, only he can decide.
I’d have a guess that Scally would sell for something in the region of £4 million and live a comfortable retirement.
That would double if the new stadium and add ons ever came to fruition.
Personally I think that’s unlikely within my lifetime.

Dr. Grossmark was just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine, for a moment if you will, a conspiracy which extended from the very top, through mediocre players who feared for their places in the Second Division, down to the lowest level among the tea ladies who knew their brew might not pass muster with the new class of visiting supporter. Suddenly, the idea that we didn't get promoted because we weren't good enough and kept fucking it up looks pretty thin, doesn't it. It doesn't? Oh, ok.

Someone called Dave Norley has referenced this thread on the FB group. Suffice to say he's getting a bit of abuse.

It’s ironic how a number of the ScallyOut crowd over there have been calling PS a dictator and saying he is stifling free speech - yet if you offer a balanced view on their FB site then you are excluded from it.