The Scally out numpties.... | Vital Football

The Scally out numpties....

Brexiteer

Vital Squad Member
He's not going to go without the club being bought off him.
If we were to follow the fan ownership route my guess would be that he would want a substantial amount to go.
Let's assume that 5000 fans are needed to invest my estimate would be that those 5000 would each need to invest £3000 to raise sufficient to buy the club, invest in the team and have working capital to run the club.
Is this feasible?

I don’t think you are far off with those numbers to be honest, although that’s the value I would put PDPS wanting for the club

Let's face it it is not just the funds to buy the club additional funds are needed to boost the playing squad and possibly others areas too.The whole thing is a money pit.You are possibly looking at twice the amount before anyone could even think of taking the club to a different level even within league one.

I would guess Paul Scally could be looking for a buyer who would build a new stadium, and the freehold of Priestfield would be his price.

i

As with the Ebbsfleet and the whole MyFootballClub experiment, the problem is not so much in raising all the funds to purchase the club, the issue is later once the initially earned funds have been spent and the club needs more funds for the day to day stuff.

Lets say the 5000 or so people who bought club shares around 2000 were asked to pay £100 per year which would raise a sizable £500k. This figure also happens to be the figure Scally is quoted as saying we need to raise in player sales per year. Do you think those "owners" would be happy to do so? Nope. As any donation would be optional then you'd probably find most people won't.

The above situation would mirror what would happen if fans pooled together to buy the club outright.

What would be nice would be an owner who actuallt values the supporters e.g. a supporter representative on the board.

That needs a different type of owner of course who is open to alternative views

An owner with 75% and 25% supporters trust would be a good start. Not that we currently have a supporters trust that I am aware of.

Fan ownership is a million miles away.

What would be nice would be an owner who actuallt values the supporters e.g. a supporter representative on the board.

That needs a different type of owner of course who is open to alternative views

An owner with 75% and 25% supporters trust would be a good start. Not that we currently have a supporters trust that I am aware of.

Fan ownership is a million miles away.
Could be a possible way forward. What about a election by season ticket holders. A election would give us a representative with or without a seat on the board it would at least or could bring fans together under one leadership who hopefully would be listened too.People with extreme views would lose and hopefully be sidelined and someone who genuinely understands would almost certainly win.He would be a representative of the general view would at very least be listened to by the majority of fans.

Needs a change at the top first.

I would hope most would accept that GFC is an autocracy.
Why ? It is at a time like this fans needs one voice. If it turns out the majority are 100% behind Scally it sends a massive message. If the majority want change Scally will know that he needs to change or move on as it will show he doesn't have the full support of the crowd. My own guess would be that in would be somewhere between those views.
For me we need to unite more than we need a change of chairman. If a change is the only way so be it.But in my view there has to be another way .Giving the chairman a chance to listen to the majority of fans in one person would be just what our club needs.If the right man or woman was elected it could be a million times better than a plane flying over Priestfield regardless of the banner .

Last edited:
Scally out, numpties
If it turns out the majority want Scally to leave then they would vote that way .If current season ticket holders in a free election voted to campaign for the chairman to leave basically it would clearly show Scally he has no way forward.
As I have said I don't believe for one moment that would happen. The election would in my view be better if it elected a person. The other way in my view would be various statements to be put before season ticket holders to find which represents their views.

If it turns out the majority want Scally to leave then they would vote that way .If current season ticket holders in a free election voted to campaign for the chairman to leave basically it would clearly show Scally he has no way forward.
As I have said I don't believe for one moment that would happen. The election would in my view be better if it elected a person. The other way in my view would be various statements to be put before season ticket holders to find which represents their views.

Why don't you organise something online ?
You certainly appear passionate , as well having plenty of input/ideas.

Why don't you organise something online ?
You certainly appear passionate , as well having plenty of input/ideas.
Not me mate I am not a season ticket holder. It is only a suggestion I do believe season ticket holders need to join forces.But it is a matter for them.It needs people with a much higher profile to believe that they can do this after all it is not the easiest thing to do.I would also say it has to be season ticket holders .Not the rest of us.They are the ones in the front line.

Not me mate I am not a season ticket holder. It is only a suggestion I do believe season ticket holders need to join forces.But it is a matter for them.It needs people with a much higher profile to believe that they can do this after all it is not the easiest thing to do.I would also say it has to be season ticket holders .Not the rest of us.They are the ones in the front line.

Do as I say , not what I do.

For what it's worth , I'm grateful to have a football club to support , and am happy with things the way they are.

Chris do you honestly think Paul Scally would take any notice of such a vote? Why should he?
He owns the club we the supporters are his customers, that is all we are.
If we don't like the product we are free to shop elsewhere .
Yes it's in his interests to provide a product we are prepared to pay for but there is no way he can be forced out .

Do as I say , not what I do.

For what it's worth , I'm grateful to have a football club to support , and am happy with things the way they are.
With respect you don't have a season ticket. It is mearly a suggestion to try to help sort out the current problems. If season ticket holders feel nothing needs to change and wish to carry on with a percentage of the crowd continuing to protest and the chairman wanting rid of them then so be it.It is their choice not mine or with respect yours.

Last edited:
Chris do you honestly think Paul Scally would take any notice of such a vote? Why should he?
He owns the club we the supporters are his customers, that is all we are.
If we don't like the product we are free to shop elsewhere .
Yes it's in his interests to provide a product we are prepared to pay for but there is no way he can be forced out .
It is a little irrelevant if Scally decides to stone wall the vote .But given he or she would rightfully be able to say he or she represents season ticket holders views if Scally then did that I believe he would only help those who had more extreme views against him.So no I think it would elect a fairly moderate person who might be able to build bridges and tell the press and public the extreme views do not represent the majority.