The Scally out numpties.... | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Scally out numpties....

It was saying you tube I went to get my headphones as I am a bit deaf and fine it easier to hear.Time I got back downstairs it had gone .Release time 7pm gone before 7.05 pm
If you’d started watching it and paused it to get your headphones you’d have been ok!

Just seen the club are advertising for a new development and youth team coach.That was something that appears to have happened today.

Just seen the club are advertising for a new development and youth team coach.That was something that appears to have happened today.

It was reported over the weekend on KoL that Craig Stone had left.

In other news we need a facilities maintenance operative. And still not filled the sous chef role ☹️

16th highest budget in League 1 according to the Chairman. Contrasts somewhat with what Steve Evans says! Also been confirmed to be the same budget as last season, which was slightly higher than the season before.

16th highest budget in League 1 according to the Chairman. Contrasts somewhat with what Steve Evans says! Also been confirmed to be the same budget as last season, which was slightly higher than the season before.
I am guessing that teams Scally claims have a smaller budget might be in no order Burton, Accrington, Wimbledon Cambridge, Cheltenham, Crewe,Shrewsbury and Morecambe.
As three are almost certainly promoted sides it is conceivable that out budget could have been in the bottom four last season with a few sides possibly reducing their budget this season.

Last edited:
I am guessing that teams Scally claims have a smaller budget might be in no order Burton, Accrington, Wimbledon Cambridge, Cheltenham, Crewe,Shrewsbury and Morecambe.
Yes maybe so. I noticed Phil did seek to clarify him on the point and said it was 16th highest budget for the first team, not the whole squad, as these are two very different things.
So Evans has decided to spend more on the first team, which has left us rather short on back up options as no budget left.

Yes maybe so. I noticed Phil did seek to clarify him on the point and said it was 16th highest budget for the first team, not the whole squad, as these are two very different things.
So Evans has decided to spend more on the first team, which has left us rather short on back up options as no budget left.
But then what and who counts ad a 1st team player? I would take it a 1st year pro or someone with little or no first team experience. CREWE definitely develop a lot of talent so their reserve team budget would have to be bigger than any of the rest I named.

But then what and who counts ad a 1st team player? I would take it a 1st year pro or someone with little or no first team experience. CREWE definitely develop a lot of talent so their reserve team budget would have to be bigger than any of the rest I named.
It was all a bit vague wasn’t it, I doubt Evans would count the likes of Akehurst and Lintott etc as members of the first team even though they’ve played in it.

Chairman’s chat on YouTube, some have watched it before it got taken down very quickly

Sounds like there are people who’s every waking moment is dedicated to and overwhelmed by this stuff.

Probably now forensically going through the original and 2nd (edited?) version to try to come up with conspiracy theories as to what and why it changed.

I loved football back in the day when most of us had no idea who ran or owned our football teams. Just happy to turn up on Saturdays and cheer on the team.

Simple times.

I loved football back in the day when most of us had no idea who ran or owned our football teams. Just happy to turn up on Saturdays and cheer on the team.

Simple times.

Best chairmen / owners are like the best referees. You don't notice them

anyone know the name of the Brentford chairmen (without looking it up).

Would be great to go back to those times you remember OSK.

Best chairmen / owners are like the best referees. You don't notice them

anyone know the name of the Brentford chairmen (without looking it up).

Would be great to go back to those times you remember OSK.

True. And to be honest mark, I don’t really know the owners of any other clubs except the ones that make regular headlines.

Mike Ashley the ex-Newcastle.
Oystens, thankfully gone from what I hear.
Abramovich.
Glazers still at Man U?

I did read somewhere that most EPL clubs are now owned by American interests. Is that correct? Sounds ominous if true.

I think back in the day, the only football club owner I ever heard of (apart from our own Dr Grossmark) was Elton John at Watford.