The Ross McCormack Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

Can’t understand why Bruce has given him another holiday ? We are paying him so get him in training and see..

ASPINALL - 30/1/2018 12:37

Can’t understand why Bruce has given him another holiday ? We are paying him so get him in training and see..

Maybe he doesn't want his toxic attitude ruining the close bond and team spirit we seem to have?

Hmm! The drink/driving was back in 2009, and his 3 weeks off training at Nottingham was because he was ill, in hospital for some of the time.

Personally would rather have Gabby than McCormack I know gabby eats all the pies but at least he can open the feckin gate in the mornings. Nah path should be with the youngsters Davis, RHM,Ohare all look good lads and between them should be enough.

How long does Gabby stay fit though?

Needs must, I'd use any of them until the end of the season, then a few can clear off for sure.

I guess this by Bruce is quite clever. Get the transfer window shut, see if he can get anyone else in, see how injuries go, then if things don't go to plan, at least call him in and see where his head is at.

Ffs, not being chomping at the bit to play a game like this, on those wages. It does your head in doesn't it?!

I'm not sure why its so difficult for some to see, it seems obvious to me that he is toxic in the dressing room and around the training ground and Bruce doesn't want him anywhere near the place.

We all have a guy at work who is lazy, turns up late, does feck all (ok so at my work it's me but ssshhh), it always rubs their workmates up the wrong way.

We don't need it. I've not seen the players this happy and since the Ash Young / Gabby / Carew days. Why risk that?

We don't need him. We play 1 up front and I'd have Hogan, Davis, O'Hare and Gabby in ahead of this fat waster.

If all 4 of those get injured, I'd even go Grealish, Green or Adomah in a forward role before Ross McBigMac.

Is this reading of the mood of the dressing room actually based on anything or just guess work ?

Not quite sure how you can want one waster nowhere near the club and then suggest the laziest & most hopeless sack of shite the club has had for years would be an option.

just need man of steel Hogan to stay fit I guess if we are potless or don't think an actual goalscorer would be handy for the run in

Difference between Ross and Gabby, and I will get burnt at the stake for saying this. Is at least Gabby has contributed something to the club at some stage. Granted a long time since and not that it counteracts the years of bugger all. But point remains he has done something. Scoring winners against the blues, decent seasons under MON. His malaise has come since he had made a contribution

What has Ross done?. Nothing, zilch. He has come in and done nothing to contribute to the club from the start of his career here. To be honest he feels like history and the club has moved on from the like of him and his attitude. And I believe that if we could the club would get rid of Gabby aswell.

Exactly Melon.

Gabby has done something for Aston Villa. It may be a while ago, but he has done something for the club.

Ross has done feck all. He's earnt no loyalty or respect at all.

Gabby is also well liked in the dressing room.

As I said before, Ross was our leading scorer under RDM. It's not like he didn't perform, and that was in a team which had problems settling down.

He had personal issues last season undoubtedly, marriage going through a shaky patch, stuck on his own away from the family. Think Bruce giving him 2 weeks off is partly to give him a chance to make sure that's going OK.

If he's staying then I'd at least see what the Agnew magic can do for him.

Football does make me smile. Or baffles me. Or both!

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524187">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Wonder if there's any truth in the rumour that McCormack is heading off to the American Major League Soccer show.
It could just be his agent looking for another big payday of course.

Be a good end of career for him, if we can get some cash and him off our wage bill, such is life, now we have Grabban we aren't as exposed as we were.

He will like it in America. Big food portions.

Hope he doesn't get a move there to be well paid and probably living in a nice climate. Doesn't deserve it.

I've read somewhere he can't go anywhere except Melbourne again or play for us this season due to FIFA's rule that you can only play for a maximum of two clubs in a season.

Pretty sure the MLS don't have the same rule Tierney, can't remember where I read it though!