The Robins (h) | Vital Football

The Robins (h)

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
For once I’m gonna say those who sit in the West tomorrow are the lucky ones. Predicted to be about 32c at kickoff so the East is gonna be somewhat unpleasant to sit in.

As for the game then the weather will play a factor and I suspect full use of the five substitutions will play a big part. Difficult one to predict. On paper one of the ‘easier’ home games we’ll probably face this season and they are on the back of a couple of narrow league defeats. Not sure form counts for much after two matches however. First goal may prove decisive. One nil win, but to whom in not sure.

Two up top and three at the back, home win and a bit of entertainment.
One up top and four at the back and could hold out for a draw and a borefest.

Two up top and three at the back, home win and a bit of entertainment.
One up top and four at the back and could hold out for a draw and a borefest.

I thought you liked 4-4-2. On a good day, 4-2-3-1 is effectively 4-2-4 ... and after all, of those front 4, you don't often see Lang or Keane over on the defensive side of the halfway line ... McClean too mostly.

Any road, still finding our way in this league, still building confidence, still trying to be hard to beat ... think we might scrape a win tomorrow though.

Not sure how it will go ….conditions horrific to play in ….

nowt but swimshorts on …perched under a Bloody big brolly at the side of a pool with a freezing cold pint in hand …is all you should be doing in this weather.
If I were a Player I’d be developing a limp today :sneaky:

Fancy us for a 2-0 win but there will be lots of stoppages to take on fluids so will probably be plenty of added on time at the end.
:cool:

For once I’m gonna say those who sit in the West tomorrow are the lucky ones. Predicted to be about 32c at kickoff so the East is gonna be somewhat unpleasant to sit in.

As for the game then the weather will play a factor and I suspect full use of the five substitutions will play a big part. Difficult one to predict. On paper one of the ‘easier’ home games we’ll probably face this season and they are on the back of a couple of narrow league defeats. Not sure form counts for much after two matches however. First goal may prove decisive. One nil win, but to whom in not sure.

Anybody who has a season ticket toward back of East Stand might have a bit of extra company tomorrow. That's my seat, no it's not, yes it is, no its etc. etc.

Just watching Watford & Burnley - 28degC pitch side and having an authorised drinks break on 23mins.
What I don't agree with is both teams huddled round their Managers having a team talk for a minute or so.

I too have fallen in to the trap of this is a winnable game, which of course it is, but I'll probably see anything less than a win as lost points with some hard fixtures approaching.
Need keep weimann or whatever his name is quiet.
Being honest, I think it will be 1 1, they'll score first and we'll rally in second half and get one and then one of them we could of got more from that

Bristol are probably one of the sides we'd be looking to beat at home if we want to have a successful season, but if you look at their side they are no soft touch and have some very good players.

They play 3-5-2 with 2 big lads up top in Martin and Weinmenn, although I don't think they are that direct it gives them a good out ball. Last season we tended to struggle against teams with a good target man as it allowed teams to not worry about our high press as much so our defence will have to be at their best.

We all know the quality Joe Williams brings in central mid and his def mid partner Massengo cost over 7m and looked good in clips I've seen. In front of them in the no10 role a young lad Alex Scott looks very impressive. So winning the middle of the park is going to be very tough.

They've also got good delivery from the wing backs so stopping the crosses is going to be important.

Against Sunderland the first goal came from Bristol getting caught trying to play out from the back with a high press, and we try and do that anyway so we'll certainly be hoping to catch them out.

We've gone into the last 2 league games quite cautious with our style / formation and not really created anything in open play. I think we'll probably start the same but with this being a more winnable game it could make sense match their formation and try to be more attack minded. I'm not expecting it but I'd love to see Broadhead up front in a strike partnership.

Kal Naismith in the Bristol City back-line, fresh off winning Player of the Year and reaching the playoffs with Luton last season. Let's hope he's as bad against us as he was made out to be on here! :LOL:

We are a very hard working functional team. This weather will definitely not help our game (or any other team in the country that relies on graft or high energy pressing). I think the heat will be a great leveller and therefore the team with the better technical players (as opposed to the best organised, best set up, best tactically prepared) will win this one. I've no idea which team that might be. All the games are a bit of a lottery today.