The Robins (h) | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Robins (h)

2-1 win despite the heat which will be a big factor in this game. Gonna be hot in the stands so it'll be worse for the players on the pitch....with that in mind, how hots it gonna be for players / fans at the World Cup...ludicrous decision

I thought you liked 4-4-2. On a good day, 4-2-3-1 is effectively 4-2-4 ... and after all, of those front 4, you don't often see Lang or Keane over on the defensive side of the halfway line ... McClean too mostly.

Any road, still finding our way in this league, still building confidence, still trying to be hard to beat ... think we might scrape a win tomorrow though.
But on many a day it's 6-3-1 with a big boot to the 1.

Two new strikers signed and it's still Magennis up top on his ineffective self.
Still who knows anything can happen.

Bennett badly at fault with the goal lost ball high up then couldent get back

That's the problem when you play a back 4 and a full back gets forward. They need to be rapid.

So disjointed. Attacking 3 too far apart from each other. Lang ain't a wide man, Darikwa ain't a right back. Both at full back know they can't get forward and get back so no width and gaps all over. Central midfielders have no options to get to ball too.

Drop Bennett into LCD and have McClean and Darikwa wing backs and allow Keane and lang to support Mageniis and thr 2 centre mids.

Can see why they have a bad reputation against teams that go 3 at the back with wing backs on press. The rare time we have they have been all over the place.

These are there for the taking if we change formation and have a go.

Can see why they have a bad reputation against teams that go 3 at the back with wing backs on press. The rare time we have they have been all over the place.

These are there for the taking if we change formation and have a go.
Well some of us ask for that and just get shouted down. It didn't work at home last season against sides in the top half so playing it against even better sides there's a chance it will fail again.

Formations is really not important but it is what you do with the ball and without the ball that matters, and lets be honest would the tactics change no matter the formation?
Long ball to the big man up is the tactic and that would still be the case with 1 or 7 up front.
2 up front is not a solution if the tactics is as bad as it is imo.
Second half now come on Latics.

I too have fallen in to the trap of this is a winnable game, which of course it is, but I'll probably see anything less than a win as lost points with some hard fixtures approaching.
Need keep weimann or whatever his name is quiet.
Being honest, I think it will be 1 1, they'll score first and we'll rally in second half and get one and then one of them we could of got more from that
Wish my coupon had gone as well as this prediction

I think theres a lot of positives from that, and a lot of questions raised.

For me 1st is asgard is first team ready, and I mean starting, I really rate the lad

2 is I think our signings may have given a few lads the nudge they need. Darikwa and magennis did best I've seen them in a while

3 I dont think lang is good enough

Thought Joe William's was superb but overall we were the better team but 2 points lost sadly.

Thought Joe Williams was a sneaky twit, stayed down smirking hoping to get Bennet a straight red and then disgracefully lost his head when it was only a yellow.
Never a sending off offence , just an unsporting knobhead trying to get a fellow professional sent off.