The Robin Olsen Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Robin Olsen Thread

Emi will likely miss the Brighton game and maybe the semi final second leg apparently. Whatever else he's done Olsens Villa career and possibly his career as a whole will be defined by the next couple of weeks.

If we progress to the final, beat Brighton and he doesn't drop a clanger then his earlier shakyness will likely be forgotten. Especially if we win the Conference league and clinch 4th. If he has a couple of stinkers that cost us he'll go down as an Enkelman esque oaf.

Which is it to be Robin.
Noooo.

Any link to that ?

Emi will likely miss the Brighton game and maybe the semi final second leg apparently. Whatever else he's done Olsens Villa career and possibly his career as a whole will be defined by the next couple of weeks.

If we progress to the final, beat Brighton and he doesn't drop a clanger then his earlier shakyness will likely be forgotten. Especially if we win the Conference league and clinch 4th. If he has a couple of stinkers that cost us he'll go down as an Enkelman esque oaf.

Which is it to be Robin.
Where you getting that from

🚨 Emi Martínez is going to train differently for a few days & AIM to play vs Brighton — if not, he will play in the second leg vs Olympiakos! @gastonedul #avfc

Then if you look at another tweet from Argentina….you get a different story! The joys of social media! Think it’s better to hear it from Unai in his pre match presser!

It’s likely Emi and Youri will miss the weekend.

Im hoping the subs/squad lads can gain some much need confidence against Olyimpiacos to take into the Brighton game.

We need Diaby to step up…if he can play like he did against Bournemouth we are in good hands.

Also on a side note, since Nov 23 - B’mouth are 5th in the league form table - massively underrated performance that was

I think with me, the thing is not a blame thingy, no, it's just he gives me no confidence at all, my heart sinks when he's in the team and yes, check his record out, it's horrendous. I think also the opposition seeing him and not Emi gives them the impetuous to have a go! Yes he will get my support on Thursday and I wouldn't dream of booing or anything like that but next season we need an upgrade!

Which is it to be Robin.
I think he could put in a Nigel Spink performance and some would still find fault with him.

What a memory that is. That season Jimmy Rimmer gave out the trophies for a Sunday league trophy final I was in. I saved a pen.
When Spink replaced him in that final I thought it was over! What a performance!!
I think later on when Spink permanently replaced Rimmer there was still resentment from some fans and they never accepted big Nige

I think with me, the thing is not a blame thingy, no, it's just he gives me no confidence at all, my heart sinks when he's in the team and yes, check his record out, it's horrendous. I think also the opposition seeing him and not Emi gives them the impetuous to have a go! Yes he will get my support on Thursday and I wouldn't dream of booing or anything like that but next season we need an upgrade!
Exactly .

You can see the team have no confidence when he is there . So while he may not have individual errors pointed at him we don’t look comfortable at all.

It is potentially a big issue.

Stats (i know) show that based on the quality of shot, rather than a tame effort. Emi lets in 0.21 goals per game and Olsen 2.8.

That was pathetic tonight, anyone want to come to the defender of Olsen, he conceeded his usual 4 goal, this is why I nicknamed him Goalsen....I not blaming him, just saying he's fcuking useless!!!