The Robin Olsen Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Robin Olsen Thread

Sorry, I am not a fan, his goals against v appearances is dreadful. I bet every fan who saw Olsen come out for the 2nd half said, Oh Shit, that's it then we're fooked! I did and we were very lucky to not lose, thank you Var! We definately need a back up keeper in the summer, hopefully Emi is back for the 2nd leg of the semi. His nick name should become Goalsen, as he loves to concede....

Sorry, I am not a fan, his goals against v appearances is dreadful. I bet every fan who saw Olsen come out for the 2nd half said, Oh Shit, that's it then we're fooked! I did and we were very lucky to not lose, thank you Var! We definately need a back up keeper in the summer, hopefully Emi is back for the 2nd leg of the semi. His nick name should become Goalsen, as he loves to concede....
I was worried myself, but thought he played alright. The only issue I remember him having was a miscommunication with Diego but he then saved the one on one with Palmer.
I’m not pointing any blame at Olsen for the Chelsea come back

I loved the fans singing “world’s number 2” to him. Can’t fault the Villa faithful.

Can’t be easy for any reserve keeper thrust into a game like that and just shows you how immense Nigel Spink was all those years ago. Obviously we lose something in the collective psyche when Emi isn’t in goal, but I can’t fault Olsen last night. He performed as well as he could.

Come on guys, he's down right awful, he conceeded another 3 goals in 45 mins 1 chalked off I know but he's a liability, HT Emi says he feels a twinge, Unai says ' not risking it' Goalsen your on, were 2 up, we cannot lose!! Okay we didn't but for Var. I am sick of this bloke, didn't the same happen at Utd. He does not command his area, when Pau hot the robbed in the box, Emi would have been screaming out, get rid of it or Man on. I was close enough to the pitch to say I heard nothing. Get rid I say.....

Come on guys, he's down right awful, he conceeded another 3 goals in 45 mins 1 chalked off I know but he's a liability, HT Emi says he feels a twinge, Unai says ' not risking it' Goalsen your on, were 2 up, we cannot lose!! Okay we didn't but for Var. I am sick of this bloke, didn't the same happen at Utd. He does not command his area, when Pau hot the robbed in the box, Emi would have been screaming out, get rid of it or Man on. I was close enough to the pitch to say I heard nothing. Get rid I say.....
No-one is suggesting he’s elite, nor what we need but reserve keepers are never usually up to the levels of the incumbent. You either have a young, up and coming keeper or a senior experienced international who is on the way down. Very, very rare to be able to have 2 equal keepers.

Olsen is unfortunately not able to play the Unai system, which unsettles the team (especially the defence). He’ll probably be gone or no3 next season.

He’s second choice for a reason but I don’t think he did much wrong last night. When I saw Palmer running towards our goal after the gift of a ball from Carlos I thought he couldn’t miss. Thanks to Olsen he did.
He’s not Emi’s class and doesn’t usually inspire confidence but if he was as good as EMI he’d be another team’s #1.

He’s second choice for a reason but I don’t think he did much wrong last night. When I saw Palmer running towards our goal after the gift of a ball from Carlos I thought he couldn’t miss. Thanks to Olsen he did.
He’s not Emi’s class and doesn’t usually inspire confidence but if he was as good as EMI he’d be another team’s #1.
Career second choice keeper and plays full time for Sweden - not a bad gig tbf - your right it was a great reflex save with his foot against Palmer

I mean it to be Harsh, the guys a Donkey....I at least need to see a clean sheet from him before he get a star off me....get rid.

As others have it's not a question of him being bad. But the facts are we concede more goals when he plays.
If Martinez is out for a run of games - our goals against will increase and are points haul will take a hit.
That’s not the debate. Some are suggesting he is at fault for the Chelsea come back, which he clearly isn’t. Whoever our second choice keeper is they aren’t going to be near the level of Emi

Olsen not directly at fault for any of the goals. Difference is Martinez probably due to just being the dogs knackers, saves one of the chances and we nick the game. Olsen's issue isn't his ability - it's how he unsettles the back line psychologically

Olsen not directly at fault for any of the goals. Difference is Martinez probably due to just being the dogs knackers, saves one of the chances and we nick the game. Olsen's issue isn't his ability - it's how he unsettles the back line psychologically

I think it is ability. It's far harder to score against Martinez than Olsen.

That isn't Olsen's fault - but your stepping down from the worlds number 1 - to a guy who was rejected by championship sheff united

While most of that is true, people are completely ignoring the first 45 minutes and totally ignoring what they've seen against Luton, Brentford and others.

That result last night was inevitable whether Emi is in goal or not because the issues were there from the moment we scored. Mental gymnastics are taking place to put this result on Olsen. We have a leaky backline, its been leaking badly all season and got worse in the last few weeks. Some people here just need to accept it.