The really interesting WEATHER thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The really interesting WEATHER thread

Dry but cloudy. I booked a few days away in the sun yesterday which has improved my mood.

We desperately need some rain, it hasn't happened in such a long time. Right now it is 90F/32C and it is not 10:00am yet, however I do have to say that Ohio has had a hotter summer than we have so far, which is bananas as we are 700+miles south of Ohio.

Hosepipe ban has been lifted ....

Relief as Britons allowed to water their swamps
10-07-12

THOUSANDS of relieved gardeners are finally able to water the swamp-like areas attached to their houses, as the hosepipe ban is lifted.

Large carnivores can make gardening more exciting

Many homeowners had been concerned that, unless the ban was lifted soon, they would be unable to keep their lawns submerged to the depth required to support larger marine life like catfish and snapping turtles.

Accountant and keen gardener Nathan Muir said: “With only 38 inches of rainfall since January, the mangrove region of our garden, which I navigate with a type of one-man hovercraft, was beginning to dry out very slightly and the alligators which arrived in February were getting a little bit irritable.

“If only the ban had been lifted a little earlier I might still have a pet dog and a left arm below the elbow, but better late than never.”

Julian Cook, a retired doctor living in Devon, said: “If I fill the garage with water then open the door, I can ride the wave on my canoe past the first few rafts of feral starving children and my wife can pick off the rest with a high-pressure hose.

“That might give me a chance of reaching the ruins of the supermarket, where I can skin-dive for precious cans of food.”

The lifting of the ban has triggered a kind of watering mania among some homeowners, who are hosing with wild abandon their gardens, cars, carpets, laptops, and priceless stamp collections.

Housewife Carolyn Ryan of Durham said: “The ground floor of my house is already four feet under water thanks to torrential rain, but it was missing something.

“Now I can wade out to get the hose, hook it up to the bathroom tap and create a beautiful cascading water feature down the stairs.

“Plus I just watered a horse, for the sheer hell of it.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/environment/relief-as-britons-allowed-to-water-their-swamps-2012071033676

:14: .

SiggyBrownie - 9/7/2012 14:48

We desperately need some rain, it hasn't happened in such a long time. Right now it is 90F/32C and it is not 10:00am yet, however I do have to say that Ohio has had a hotter summer than we have so far, which is bananas as we are 700+miles south of Ohio.

Yet more proof, as if we needed it, of the extremes of our world and the same with nature too. Some needing alot of rain, alot who don't. Countries like Ethiopia who get droughts and then too much rain. The earth is a strange old place.

I hope you get the rain you need soon Siggy there: I would happily send you bucket loads of ours however the weather won't listen

I hope you have four days of beautiful warm dry weather in Birmingham from today..... Warwickshire are playing at Edgbaston....

The Band of Her Majestys Royal Marines have just marched on to start the Passing Out Parade. Light rain I wish it would stop for the cadets and their famlies to enjoy their moment in the limelight.

I can hear lawn mowers today! Gosh we have had 2 days of dry weather. Must diary this

It's a bit on the cool side tonight..... almost 12.15am and I'm turning the air conditioning off before I hit the sack...... btw, night all.

Cloudy humid and dry with half an hour rain early this afternoon> that's York reporting in for today.

Sky says we are supposed to be getting a dry spell starting this week. How long is the dry spell is anyone's guess: pre warning hose pipe bans will be announced the day after it starts

Going up Skeggy.......... (Skegness not the legend :3: Skeggy of Vital Villa)............ on Saturday for a few days so it had better clear up by then...........PLEASE :78:

Sunny. 22. Sat in the garden repairing computers. Makes a change. Saying that a big dirty black cloud is edging closer.

I am rather tired of playing dodge the rain with the washing outside. Been doing it for weeks. Managed to get half dried yesterday before the rain and another half this morning before the big black clouds appeared so just the jeans to dry now.

In brief just another British summer day