The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

Charnley, Carr and Moncur with the future of Newcastle in their hands. Fills you full of hope that does.

Isn't McClaren on the board?

Fuck me, this club is an absolute joke!

Aye, where is club mouthpiece Moncur in all of this? Seems to have been pretty quiet lately.

They cant even sack a coach the useless bastards. I am enjoying it all going tits up from afar the wonga brigade are getting what they deserve.

SJH can fuck off for me he sold the club to fatty knowing what he wanted the club for, so much for the club he supposedly loves. The people that go don't deserve a decent manager and owner they have exactly who they deserve.

Charley wants McClaren to stay. You could not make it up. Useless bunch of indecisive decision makers while Ashley just looks on.
Deserve everything they get this circus of clowns.

Charnley, Carr and Moncur know that sacking Mclaren is tantamount to handing their own resignations in. It's pretty much self preservation and not one of the board of directors will do what's good for Newcastle only what's good for themselves individually. Much like the p[layers this is the kind of attitude a Mike Ashley run business fosters.

I reckon this is endgame now because it's becoming farcical. The papers are starting to fill up with how the club is a glorified Shite Direct not to mention that major cracks are being talked about in the dressing room and that's before you add in the McClaren factor.

The way this has been handled just stinks of the club trying to paper over the cracks but finding out that no-one will come here under the self profiting model that exists and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 'directors' jacks in soon. Probably Moncur.

Even this morning, the Twitterazzi reported that McClaren turned up for training before his car drove off amid speculation that he'd been given his p45 but it then turned out that McClaren was still there and taking training. More stories reckon that Ashley has terminated the hire agreement on it. Wouldn't surprise me.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if McClaren was only there to wait for a lift after training but then again the club think they can continue without any communication whatsoever and are showing the true colours again of the rotten set up.

Berb once wrote on this forum that he wanted the club to be the rock on which Ashley's ship finally came to grief. With all the stuff in the papers about Shite Direct and its odious practices and the public humiliation of this once great club under his tenure, Berb may be about to get his wish granted. I truly hope so.

Anyway, so the indecisive management of the club finally get up the nerve to sack McClaren - What then? Do the other three resign because sacking him shows their incompetence in appointing him in the first place? Not to mention their clownlike acquisitions during transfer windows as Carr and Charnley are supposedly responsible for those matters.

Beyond that, any potential manager would have to look at the post very sceptically because they can't possibly be unaware of what has gone on at the club over the last 8 years. How desperate and stupid would anybody be to step in there? Benitez is too astute and Moyes will still be dealing with upper echelon incompetence from his time working for Woodward. Frankly, if the situation remains the same, only a fool would consider the post.

The more this goes on, the more I see something like McClaren moving aside and Beardsley being the one.

McClaren remaining in a versatile role linking the boardroom to the training pitch.

After being in the bottom few all season, there was no contingency for replacing McClaren. Although seeing who is running the show it's perfectly understandable. They are now fluffing around and pretending to seek out candidates, meanwhile we drift nearer the next defeat. Should have been done long ago.
Must be the worst bunch of individuals to have ever served as a Board

Absolute bunch of clowns Owl. The fact that Charmless is still in a job says everything you/we need to know about MA's aspirations for the club. The blame for our predicament lies squarely and firmly right at the door of one M Ashley. I'm hoping that every fecker they approach (if they do) bursts into laughter, says "you've got to be fecking joking" & slams the phone down.
Wonder what David O'Leary is doing?? Maybe he's desperate for a few quid, wouldn't surprise me.

I have had enough. Complete waste of time waiting for these clowns who have dragged Mrecastle to new depths, to make a decision. Will not bother following this any further. I have become completely disillusioned with football and more so with Newcastle.
Seeing the club being run by a Harry Hill lookalike Charnley who knows 5/8ths of f all about football is the last straw. No more for me.

Rafa Benitez is being hoared around tonight. Let people enjoy their few hours of dreaming as it'll be dismissed tomorrow when McClaren moves aside for Beardsley.

billybobcat - 7/3/2016 23:05

SJH can fuck off for me he sold the club to fatty knowing what he wanted the club for, so much for the club he supposedly loves. The people that go don't deserve a decent manager and owner they have exactly who they deserve.

:1: Spot on

Birdys - 8/3/2016 16:27

Absolute bunch of clowns Owl. The fact that Charmless is still in a job says everything you/we need to know about MA's aspirations for the club. The blame for our predicament lies squarely and firmly right at the door of one M Ashley. I'm hoping that every fecker they approach (if they do) bursts into laughter, says "you've got to be fecking joking" & slams the phone down.
Wonder what David O'Leary is doing?? Maybe he's desperate for a few quid, wouldn't surprise me.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Deidre O'Bleary came in. Mentioned it before - he was on SKY one window talking to that Jim Shite and it was all "Mike this" and "Mike that". All very chummy.

'Benitez tops Newcastle's list to replace McClaren' I read in this morning's newspaper.
In other news, a Rolls Royce tops my list of preferred cars to replace my ageing motor but the nearest I'll get to one is with my nose pressed against the showroom window and I will most likely end up with something similar to what I have if indeed I replace it.
After the club's pathetic collective attempts in the transfer market, I have no doubt something similar to my attempts will follow.

Mcnamee67 - 9/3/2016 13:38

'Benitez tops Newcastle's list to replace McClaren' I read in this morning's newspaper.
In other news, a Rolls Royce tops my list of preferred cars to replace my ageing motor but the nearest I'll get to one is with my nose pressed against the showroom window and I will most likely end up with something similar to what I have if indeed I replace it.
After the club's pathetic collective attempts in the transfer market, I have no doubt something similar to my attempts will follow.

Well summed up as ever, Monday should have seen somebody else in charge, the fact its Wednesday and nobody fancies it shows how toxic the situation is, and all the funnier, sleepwalking to relegation......

There's supposed to be a meeting between McClaren and Charnley this afternoon. Probably fishing for ideas in how they can fix this.