The Premier League 2023-24 Thread | Page 81 | Vital Football

The Premier League 2023-24 Thread

They have picked up the same points as us over the last 7 games.
Pretty much the same as all the bottom 6 teams.
They are nit defying the tag. They are in bottom 3 and are 3rd favourite to go down.

Why don't you and others on this forum try bigging up our team for a change instead of every opponent.

Luton confidence will be absolutely fucked after tonight.
They were favourite for relegation at the start of the season. They are 3rd favourite because they defied the odds. As for picking up points, the gap was 3 points going into tonight. Two games earlier it was 5 points.

I am not bigging up the opponent at all. Those are the facts. The reality is that we need to take advantage of tonight and put another nail in while giving us some breathing room.

So on that note why don’t you accept that people are concerned going into these last ten games and have every right to be? You know, just for a change…

They are nit defying the tag. They are in bottom 3 and are 3rd favourite to go down.
I admire your positive mindset Hucknell but it's understandable why supporters are worried. The points deduction looming, unlucky ref decisions weekly,vulnerable defensively and Luton being in control earlier ,ready to put us in the bottom 3 ,was just about gonna sum it all up. Luton do remind me, and others, of our fighting spirit last season whilst we look like Leicester of last year hoping other teams mess up rather than being proactive.At the end of the day we all want the same outcome.COYR!

I admire your positive mindset Hucknell but it's understandable why supporters are worried. The points deduction looming, unlucky ref decisions weekly,vulnerable defensively and Luton being in control earlier ,ready to put us in the bottom 3 ,was just about gonna sum it all up. Luton do remind me, and others, of our fighting spirit last season whilst we look like Leicester of last year hoping other teams mess up rather than being proactive.At the end of the day we all want the same outcome.COYR!
Agree with virtually all that, but negativity will get us no where.
We need the team confident and up for it Saturday not sitting around moping that Luton have fight.

They were favourite for relegation at the start of the season. They are 3rd favourite because they defied the odds. As for picking up points, the gap was 3 points going into tonight. Two games earlier it was 5 points.

I am not bigging up the opponent at all. Those are the facts. The reality is that we need to take advantage of tonight and put another nail in while giving us some breathing room.

So on that note why don’t you accept that people are concerned going into these last ten games and have every right to be? You know, just for a change…
Totally accept any concern, I am too, but the over the top reactions on here when we aren't even playing is laughable.

Why don't you and others on this forum try bigging up our team for a change instead of every opponent.

Luton confidence will be absolutely fucked after tonight.
They have 3 days to get over this, we’ve had 7 days off! It took Liverpool 99 minutes after Tierney gave them ball, cheating simple as. That was 3 days after Man United narrowly beat us in the 98th minute. Brighton only scored 1 against us. Luton are not going to score 3 or 4 against us, but are well capable of letting 3 or 4 in.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you . . . Rudyard Kipling

Agree with virtually all that, but negativity will get us no where.
We need the team confident and up for it Saturday not sitting around moping that Luton have fight.

agree with everyone. now we really are at the business end the only people who can do something are the players.

I hope they are still hungry to achieve something. it would be nice if they could share the big man's ambition and get excited by the idea they could be the disruptors.

hasn't always looked like it. for all the shit that has gone against us, we had a little bonus tonight. let's not fooking waste another chance...

If Luton were going to lose that has to be the worst possible way. Half time, 3 up and cruising and then absolutely crushed in the second half and all that spirit gone like rice paper in the rain.

Look at this photo of Rob Edwards. He's saying the right things to try and gee up his troops but his body language says something else entirely.

1710368293289.png

We have to go at them on Saturday and keep going. It's time to channel our inner strength and maybe watch Independence Day...

"We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive!"

Don’t get that one, can’t spot the pun and it’s making my head spin

Not taking sides but prior to tonight Luton had a game in hand. Level playing field now and down to us.

Not taking sides but prior to tonight Luton had a game in hand. Level playing field now and down to us.
Oh absolutely. A win for Luton would have massively given them the upper hand. Even a draw would have been another point closer.

Now, though, points deduction aside we are in the driving seat. We have the players to absolutely destroy Luton so it’s down to Nuno now…

As long suffering forest fans we don’t know recent success.

Let’s all moan on the forum about how crap a position and how it’s doom and gloom

In front of our team we need to keep a sense of positivity that goes to the team.

We will be staying up and it will be the THIRD best day of your lives (promotion, beating Arsenal and staying up this season!)

U REDS !!!!