The potential road to victory | Page 2 | Vital Football

The potential road to victory

We are still in a good position, We have got to hope that we don' pick up any more injuries.

If we can get one or 2 wins together it might give us a bit of confidence to carry forward

Completely confident the title is definitely now heading our way.
Things are getting better and better.

Super happy.

Great win today, could be a strong finish to the season

Looking at our remaining fixtures, and the way things have been going, there are no easy games. Everything to play for! UTI

an unacceptable loss today against a team bottom of the league

Looking at the teams around us, and our points lead evaporated, I fear autos are now out of the question and the battle turns to remaining in the playoffs

another loss. Going to be a struggle remaining in the playoffs at this rate. There are tough games ahead.

We're doing well to finish 6th now unfortunately. Not many teams playing particularly well around the bottom of the playoffs (Gills in a little bit of form but now they've got Hull and Donny one after another), but it's hard to see where our next points come from.

Pretty much anyone mid table could probably put a run that makes up the 10 points on us needed if someone gets in some real form.

I still think that we can maintain a top 6 position, but top 2 is well out of reach now. Hull, Posh and Sunderland to fight for the automatics

I still think that we can maintain a top 6 position, but top 2 is well out of reach now. Hull, Posh and Sunderland to fight for the automatics
Not necessarily on the top 2 - we were within a gnat's whisker yesterday of being level on goal difference with Posh in second. Games in hand complicate things slightly, but if we keep in touch with that top 3 and maintain that gap above 5th, we're still in the mix for auto. Sunderland have been on a good run but looked unimpressive yesterday.

All ifs and buts and it's all down to what happens on the pitch, but after the gloom and doom of the last few days, yesterday showed that even with all the injuries we're a match for any team in this league.

Fatigue, inconsistency and empty stadiums still all have a part to play and we need to improve that home form.

If we're still in with a shout come the games against Hull and Posh, it will be a test of luck and nerve. Hopefully by then some of the wounded will be back in the frame too.

It's been a hell of a year. There is still the possibility that a good end to the season, and with other results going our way we can remain in the playoffs and get to the championship, but either way, it's been a great season considering.

I still think 4 wins from our last 9 will get us 6th place and a play off spot.

Then anything can happen, but I have a feeling we will face Portsmouth and lose...

However if we can scrape 6th place, I personally would look back on the season, not as a chance missed, but as a very positive season.

Without injuries, I would have been disappointed with just a play off spot, but I don't think any team could have coped with our injury list this past six weeks.

I don't go with the view that we will do better next year if we don't go up this year. With crowds back, and other club's finances getting back to something like normality, the division next year will be far more competitive.