The potential road to victory | Vital Football

The potential road to victory

glen8

Vital Youth Team
1st Hull 89 - Promoted to the Championship (CHAMPIONS)
2nd Peterborough 87 - Promoted to the Championship

3rd Blackpool 80
4th Sunderland 77
5th Lincoln 77
6th Oxford 74

=================

League One Play-Offs

Tuesday, May 18 - Oxford v Blackpool (6pm) BLACKPOOL 3-0
Wednesday, May 19 - Lincoln v Sunderland (6pm) LINCOLN 2-0
Friday, May 21 - Blackpool v Oxford (7.45pm) DRAW 3-3
Saturday, May 22 - Sunderland v Lincoln (7.45pm) SUNDERLAND 2-1

Final

***** BLACKPOOL v LINCOLN ***** BLACKPOOL 2-1
Sunday, May 30 (3pm)

=================

I'm too excited, so bugger it...might not come again so let's make the most of it

2018/19 Season ended
Luton 94
Barnsley 91
Charlton 88 (PO)

Feb
23rd Swindon H DRAW
27rd Plymouth A LOSS

Mar
2nd Fleetwood H LOSS
6th Crewe H WIN
9th Ipswich A DRAW
13th Rochdale H LOSS
16th Gillingham H LOSS
20th Sunderland A DRAW
27th Oxford A LOSS

Apr
2nd MK Dons H [POSTPONED COVID]
6th Charlton A [POSTPONED COVID]

10th Blackpool H DRAW
13th MK Dons H [New date] WIN
17th Bristol Rovers A WIN
20th Burton A WIN
24th Hull H LOSS
27th Shrewsbury A WIN

May
1st Peterborough A DRAW
4th Charlton A [New date] LOSS
8th Wimbeldon H DRAW

What's everyones thoughts? Crystal ball time

Last edited:
No doubt we'll drop points in games we'd not expect to and so will others around us.

One thing I'd be pretty confident about is that it won't need 91 points to finish 2nd. More like 86/7 I reckon.

10 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats is what I predict. So that would give us an extra 34 points and leave us on 90. I'm certain that would be enough for 2nd place atleast.

2 games a week for the next four weeks before we get a free midweek. That's hard going, especially since we've done it for the last fortnight as well. Tiredness and injuries will be the dominant factor. I think it's harder for us than some of our rivals because we have quite a small squad, and we rely on playing so fast.

Still.... lots of winnable games there.

As I have said elsewhere it's not our job to worry about all the injured and tired players the opposition have.
I respectfully suggest these 2 are concerned about our own "injured and tired", not those of Peterborough or Hull.
Bigger squads should cope better with it. Those below us will almost certainly have said bigger squads. Of course, as you say, their injury list is none of our business. Regardless, it is still a potentially big factor in our destiny.

Bigger squads doesn't necessarily mean better squads. Parachuting a couple of players into teams when they have been gathering dust on the sidelines all season is less than helpful. Very few clubs will be training in the strictest terms this season and just using the time between games to rest and recover. Players need to be in tune with the team plan and in that I think we are very well positioned

I'm strangely encouraged that (on paper) the away games look far more difficult that the home ones. We just seem to be able to get the tactics spot on when we travel as evidenced by 10 away wins in the league which is just an incredible record. If we can get the home form right we'd be unstoppable.

I'm strangely encouraged that (on paper) the away games look far more difficult that the home ones. We just seem to be able to get the tactics spot on when we travel as evidenced by 10 away wins in the league which is just an incredible record. If we can get the home form right we'd be unstoppable.

We better fix the sprinkler system then :LOL:

It's not fatigue it's a dip in form.Every team is experiencing the physical demands of this unique season. It's one of those periods when things just ain't right. Every team has a wobble. Suddenly things don't work quite the way they were .Everything gets a bit labored ,legs are heavy and confidence erodes.The rub of the green deserts you and you feel like running through treacle . Lucky for us during this dip we have managed to remain unbeaten.It could get worst or it might be over .

It's not fatigue it's a dip in form.Every team is experiencing the physical demands of this unique season. It's one of those periods when things just ain't right. Every team has a wobble. Suddenly things don't work quite the way they were .Everything gets a bit labored ,legs are heavy and confidence erodes.The rub of the green deserts you and you feel like running through treacle . Lucky for us during this dip we have managed to remain unbeaten.It could get worst or it might be over .

Indeed. MApp warned this would happen, but that we might lose a few. So far, so good, in that case.

Continuing to enjoy the ride, living the dream, but getting more and more nervous as the season progresses.

Whatever happens, this season has kept me sane.

Indeed. MApp warned this would happen, but that we might lose a few. So far, so good, in that case.

Continuing to enjoy the ride, living the dream, but getting more and more nervous as the season progresses.

Whatever happens, this season has kept me sane.
Same here Sy.

Like most others have said, no one expected us to be where we are now at the start of the season so this is all a bonus. However, this is now a fantastic opportunity we need to make the most of. Next season would be totally different if we were still in L1, teams like Sunderland and Ipswich would be much stronger and better prepared.

I am reminded of our conference winning season right now, lot's of different teams all had a run at knocking us off top spot all of them fell away in the end...