The Positive Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Positive Thread

Searching for a paper clip so I can access the SIM card in my phone I’ve turned the house upside down and found mrsBs wedding and eternity rings that have been missing for over a yr a more (that I accused her of losing 🫤🫣) so a very good day
still not found a paper clip though 🙄

YAAAAAAY! Our new gas fire is now working. The manufacturer sent their top troubleshooter over at 8am on the dot this morning and he quickly identified the problem and has sorted it. It all makes perfect sense to me now, it seems it wasn't installed correctly from the off. You've got to wonder about their other ****wit engineers including the useless **** from the company that we bought it off who installed it but hey, it's only taken 3 months.

Last edited:
YAAAAAAY! Our new gas fire is now working. The manufacturer sent their top troubleshooter over at 8am on the dot this morning and he quickly identified the problem and has sorted it. It all makes perfect sense to me now, it seems it wasn't installed correctly from the off. You've got to wonder about their other ****wit engineers including the useless **** from the company that we bought it off who installed it but hey, it's only taken 3 months.
Nice and cozy for Xmas
Glad it’s sorted

Only 3 months ?
took mrsB to get her hearing aid on tues at last
only taken 3yrs from when we first approached the GP about having one 🙄

edit - it may actually be longer as I can’t remember exactly as it’s been that long but it’s at least 3 !

Only 3 months ?
took mrsB to get her hearing aid on tues at last
only taken 3yrs from when we first approached the GP about having one 🙄

edit - it may actually be longer as I can’t remember exactly as it’s been that long but it’s at least 3 !
Unbelievable! It's a bit like my Mrs and her eyes. I reckon they drag it out hoping you'll just get fed up waiting and fork out for them yourself or you just pop your clogs.

Unbelievable! It's a bit like my Mrs and her eyes. I reckon they drag it out hoping you'll just get fed up waiting and fork out for them yourself or you just pop your clogs.
3 times they sent txts asking if we still wanted another appointment bearing in mind she had had the mould taken for it and the initial appointment was cancelled due to the strikes 🤷‍♂️

3 times they sent txts asking if we still wanted another appointment bearing in mind she had had the mould taken for it and the initial appointment was cancelled due to the strikes 🤷‍♂️
It's like nobody is taking responsibility, I can't help thinking that it's more than just bad luck Bully. The Mrs had heard nothing for 6 weeks re her cataract first appointment so we contacted the opticians last week. It seems their email hadn't been received by the eye clinic so they've had to resend it. In fairness this time around they rang the clinic to confirm they'd received the email but it's happening too often. I'm hearing stories all the time of letters and email going missing, our saga with the gas fire started with the warranty application going missing. Everything seems to have turned to shit post Covid, customer service has gone down the pan... but HEY, today's been a positive day at least.

Last edited:
It's like nobody is taking responsibility, I can't help thinking that it's more than just bad luck Bully. The Mrs had heard nothing for 6 weeks re her cataract first appointment so we contacted the opticians last week. It seems their email hadn't been received by the eye clinic so they've had to resend it. In fairness this time around they rang the clinic to confirm they'd received the email but it's happening too often. I'm hearing stories all the time of letters and email going missing, our saga with the gas fire started with the warranty application going missing. Everything seems to have turned to shit post Covid, customer service has gone down the pan... but HEY, today's been a positive day at lease.
Every bugger is so lackadaisical, so lacking in ambition, in desire,in entrepreneurial spirit.
Away this week to celebrate birthday, 10 of us. and wanted to book a very well recommended restaurant in Betws y Coed that opens Thur -Sat only, for Thursday night.

No phone replies so called in on afternoon of the Thursday
"do you have a table of 10 for tonight please?"

" Sorry, it's the staff Christmas party tonight so can't help"

FFS you're only open 3 nights so arrange if for another night then.

We went elsewhere. It was very good and £500.00 was spent in 3 hours on a decent 2 course meal and a jar or two.