He hasn't been the best I agree. But there has been a damned sight worse:

Gavin
Agahowa
Scotland
Boselli
Fortune
Holt
Delort

A striker signed by Rosler (I think) whose name I can't remember. Many, many others who I can't remember

His problem is attitude. He’s a big lad but just cannot be arsed most of the time. I honestly don’t recall us having a centre forward at 6’2 that has won so few headers when in a direct challenge with an opponent.

His problem is attitude. He’s a big lad but just cannot be arsed most of the time. I honestly don’t recall us having a centre forward at 6’2 that has won so few headers when in a direct challenge with an opponent.
There's a simple reason as to why Humphrys isn't as committed in the air/in the box... it's because his face is full of metal after a horrendous incident where he was smashed into by a goalkeeper. There's is no doubt that that will have impacted on his confidence and he's a different type of player to Wyke/Magennis etc.

There's a simple reason as to why Humphrys isn't as committed in the air/in the box... it's because his face is full of metal after a horrendous incident where he was smashed into by a goalkeeper. There's is no doubt that that will have impacted on his confidence and he's a different type of player to Wyke/Magennis etc.

Think he was referring to Magennis

Fair enough, so what's Magennis's excuse then?

Magennis has scored on average a goal every 145 minutes this season. This would be better than any other player in our squad. We have lost one game he has started.

Fortune was poor, give the wage he would have been on
But that leads us to Holt

Maybe the test is expectation v outcome

On this it has to be Agadoo

Oriol Riera or whatever? Spanish i believe. That season, and the squad we had on paper was way better than what we got dished up. Some very bad decisions were made that season

I remember Riera actually looked pretty decent in his first few games playing in a front 2 with McMannaman, they were building a great partnership. But then inexplicably we switched system to 1 up front and he started to struggle dropped him. Rosler couldn't help but change it if he found something that worked.

Magennis has been a poor signing for us, but for the money we paid and what we got out of them he's not anywhere near the depths of Boselli, Marlon King and Agahowa who all cost us collectively over 10m and i don't think scored a single league goal between them.

Most of the time he doesn't try to win headers and just backs into his man to put them off. It's mad as he'd probably win his fair share if he'd jump for the ball.

For his size he's always been surprisingly lightweight, i'd also put Wyke in that same category with the exception of a couple of games where he has bullied Santos from Bolton and a couple of other games. Both of them are big lads who you'd expect to be a lot harder to beat in the air and muscle off the ball.

I saw someone say the other day and i'd genuinely agree with it - Wykes best game at the DW was when he was playing against us for Bradford and gave Burn and Dunkley a nightmare. But we so rarely saw that in a Latics shirt and the few times we did it was away.

At the home game last week, my son referred to Magennis as having muscles like balloons.

If this isn't a wind up post then you've just made yourself look like an absolute bellend.
Think you are the bellend for thinking that Magennis is a quality striker.
Football is supposed to be an entertainment business which is definitely not happening in our home games recently and fans have the right to air their views without happy clappers like yourself defending the garbage on display.