the posh v the piss poor | Page 13 | Vital Football

the posh v the piss poor

We will will be so sorry to see you go ??, based on this pathetic utterance I hope Magennis gets an extra 3 years with a pay rise.
What are you his agent ?
Hope he leaves and you go with him so that you can watch him stroll around wherever he goes because you obviously love him so much.

I bet none of you remember Alvan Williams, centre forward built like a brick shithouse. A Welshman with a big bushy ginger beard.

Last edited:
ahh apologies.

I'm not a massive fan of Magennis but I think some of the criticism he gets is really OTT
Doesn't do himself any favours though does he? I think the criticism is more than valid.

Can't see many if any clubs queuing up for his signature.

Doesn't do himself any favours though does he? I think the criticism is more than valid.

Can't see many if any clubs queuing up for his signature.

Youve been pretty much proved wrong on every point so far so probably best to wind neck in! Maloney out! No Ta. Magennis out. Oh fuck me hes our top scorer since he came back!

We shouldn't pretend Magennis has always been decent for us when he's clearly not been. Or that he's not playing better than usual over the last few games because he is. Both points are true at once.

His improved performances of late are still not brilliant, just OK, but it is a big improvement to how he's performed most of the last 2 years. I'm not holding my breath he will keep it up but i hope he can improve further and turn in some genuinely great performances in the coming games.

He's very likely going to be our main striker between now and the end of the season so we need him to perform as he's our only option in that role as an outright no9.

I worked for Perkins (in Manchester) for 20 odd years which caused me to visit Pboro pretty often….hardly a ‘teeming Metropolis’ but in all fairness a decent (if not sensational) City Centre,

I once ‘engineered‘ a pointless meeting so I could be there for a Tuesday night game on expenses) …we got beat 2-0 in a shite performance (Bruce Rioch era?) and the ‘pineapple headed Mon’ scored for them in a ‘Baltic’ defeat….one of our rare defeats at their hands.

Didn’t compare with my first visit on a warm April Saturday when we stuffed em 3-0 on our way to promotion….Les Brad and Graham Barrow among the scorers …a while ago mind you
yes i was at that pointless 2 nil defeat as lived and worked there. There only one trying that night was De Zeuww playing on his own.

yes i was at that pointless 2 nil defeat as lived and worked there. There only one trying that night was De Zeuww playing on his own.
Yeah…I think 🤔, that result was the last straw for Bruce Rioch as manager.
I checked the result again and while Jason Lee was in their team that night ….he didn’t actually score ….’false memory’ it would seem