the posh v the piss poor | Page 11 | Vital Football

the posh v the piss poor

Magennis still isn't great but he has been a lot better recently than usual in holding the ball and it does make a big difference to the side. So credit where it's due.
Fully agree on this, I've given him a lot of stick but recently he seems to look more in shape and be chasing down a bit more. He will never be a prolific goalscorer or a great player in my opinion but 100% from him is all we can ask for and as long as he plays with his heart on his sleeve I'm happy enough with him continuing to start

So we've played 30 games now in the season and was wondering about how good we are about seeing a game out.

- in only 7 league games this season has the results differed between HT and FT.
- 5 times we've improved (e.g. Northampton at home at the start season we were losing at HT but went on to win)
- twice we thrown away a lead at HT (carlisle away and more recently stevenage at home). But that's compared to 11 times that we've been winning at HT and went on to win at FT
- 12 times we've been losing at HT and only once have we come back to win, and twice have we come back to draw

not exactly sure what this means but it does feel like:
1. we're good at seeing out wins after a good first half
2. we're not particularly good at getting something from a losing position

I can see him being here next season. Clubs won’t be queuing up for him at league one level. So he will probably take a wage cut to stay.
If that is the case then I won't be renewing my season ticket as I can't stomach another season with him up front never winning an header or looking like scoring a goal apart from penalties (which to be honest he is quite good at) but that doesn't justify a place in the team. No other team will touch him unless he takes a massive pay cut as the current deal given under Richardson's reign was ridiculous.

If that is the case then I won't be renewing my season ticket as I can't stomach another season with him up front never winning an header or looking like scoring a goal apart from penalties (which to be honest he is quite good at) but that doesn't justify a place in the team. No other team will touch him unless he takes a massive pay cut as the current deal given under Richardson's reign was ridiculous.
So you don't renew a season ticket because of ONE footballer? Re-read the post by KDZ.

Absolutely pathetic. No other words needed.

If this isn't a wind up post then you've just made yourself look like an absolute bellend.

I don't think he'll be here next season, but if he is it would be on vastly reduced terms as a deep back up player.

I expect Maloney will be looking at a mobile target man for next season to be our new no9 regardless.

Don't worry Stokie lad he won't be here, why should we agree to a pay cut to keep him when we can just fuck him off and spend the money on someone that will put a shift in and not rip the club off like that useless lump.

Maloney like him
Really?

Maybe Maloney just saw a senior player from who he needed to extract some value. He did this through appointing him club captain, giving him the responsibility of passing on some experience to the others in the leadership group (as well as the rest of the squad of course).

He's never been a first - or even second - choice, but as it turns out, they've done very well, and even his own form has improved in recent games.

I'd imagine that Josh Stones (along with whoever else we sign/loan) will be in front of Magennis next season in the unlikely event he does stay.

Neil Warnock appointed Aberdeen manager, more clubs than a deck of cards that mon.

Anyone know why Springy's photo thread has been moved and the 'bite the dust' thread has disappeared? Who's been pissing about with the threads?

Neil Warnock appointed Aberdeen manager, more clubs than a deck of cards that mon.

Anyone know why Springy's photo thread has been moved and the 'bite the dust' thread has disappeared? Who's been pissing about with the threads?
Springy's thread is in the "Sticky" section at the top, and the "Bite the dust" thread is still there. ...... just above "League two tour".

If you can't see it, you must (maybe mistakenly) have OLFE on "ignore".

The photo thread was moved by request from some on here to which Springy agreed. Please keep up.

Springy's thread is in the "Sticky" section at the top, and the "Bite the dust" thread is still there. ...... just above "League two tour".

If you can't see it, you must (maybe mistakenly) have OLFE on "ignore".
League two tour not there either, no one on ignore, God knows whats happened.

League two tour not there either, no one on ignore, God knows whats happened.
That's peculiar. Still visible to me so I'm fairly sure it's a setting of yours. Bicky started the "tour" thread.

You may not have meant to ignore them, but have you checked your profile?

The thread above "Dust" is "Sewage Vs Stevenage", started by tl4e.

We will will be so sorry to see you go ??, based on this pathetic utterance I hope Magennis gets an extra 3 years with a pay rise.

That's peculiar. Still visible to me so I'm fairly sure it's a setting of yours. Bicky started the "tour" thread.

You may not have meant to ignore them, but have you checked your profile?

The thread above "Dust" is "Sewage Vs Stevenage", started by tl4e.
Refreshed and rebooted all back up now, bloody Gremlins hey? :hehe:

Thanks mate!