The Politics Thread | Page 757 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

So as another 5 die in the channel including a small child, the hypocrisy of the government continues.

The UK government has, under pressure finally had to reveal the cost of sending a refugee to Rwanda.

£1.8 million per person. For that same cost of ONE individual an entire refugee processing centre could be built and staffed in France solving the boats problem overnight.

Hey why would you do that when you can use cheap shots and score points off another person misery, all for headlines and an extra few votes

£1.8 million per person. For that same cost of ONE individual an entire refugee processing centre could be built and staffed in France solving the boats problem overnight.
France won't sign up for this because if they're not entitled to asylum the French are stuck with them and they don't want them. The present system of us giving the French £millons every year suites them better, and they just wave them into the boats and they become our problem.

The way I see it there's no Purple Heart or Victoria Cross waiting for you on retirement for hardly ever going off sick. Organisations will always take the piss out of you and discard you at the drop of a hat if needed so I don't feel too sorry for them.
Your a different generation mate. You wouldn't have got away with it in the years we are talking about.

France won't sign up for this because if they're not entitled to asylum the French are stuck with them and they don't want them. The present system of us giving the French £millons every year suites them better, and they just wave them into the boats and they become our problem.

Apparently it was offered before. Will it be again. I don't know

So as another 5 die in the channel including a small child, the hypocrisy of the government continues.

The UK government has, under pressure finally had to reveal the cost of sending a refugee to Rwanda.

Hey why would you do that when you can use cheap shots and score points off another person misery, all for headlines and an extra few votes

What's worse about that is the Beeb were there, and the French (on the Beeb footage) did fuck all - if I've got the same story?

It's not Farage bollocks this time.

Funny how £1.8m is now the price of keeping your job though.

I can guarantee not one flight to Rwanda will take off.

And it shouldn't. This very Gov deems them an unsafe country, outside of the Cabinet.

But there's (what will be) £500 million we won't get back because Patel, Braverman, Cleverly (who called it batshit) and Sunak think they are more important than the country.

And it shouldn't. This very Gov deems them an unsafe country, outside of the Cabinet.

But there's (what will be) £500 million we won't get back because Patel, Braverman, Cleverly (who called it batshit) and Sunak think they are more important than the country.
Human rights lawyers are rubbing their hands as we speak. They are going to make an absolute fortune.

At the taxpayers cost of course.

"Invasion on our coasts by illegal immigrants" "Stop the boats" “fuck off back to France” "Lee Anderson” .BLA bla bla.

All the usual cynical and traditional sound-bites from a desperate and corrupt Tory party trying to at least not get wiped out in the next election by employing divide and rule tactics in the hope that immigration will be a vote winner as they try to set people against each other.

They are also now using divide and rule tactics for those who are in work against those who are not and trying to appear tough by claiming they will cut and stop benefits for those out of work.

It's all a distraction by a desperate government more interested in saving the Tory party rather than having the best interests of the United Kingdom and a ploy to whitewash over all the failures of this washed up Tory party hence they employ the classic Tory populist divide-and-rule policy to distract the public from their incompetence.

The fact that all these lies they spout are also supported by the British Tory right wing newspaper press like the Daily Heil, Express and Sun etc is also something people shouldn't forget.

It's playing right into Labours hands, and yet they are not fully capitalising on the Tory lies, corruption and deceit, and it's about time Starmer & Co came off the fence and fully attacked the Tory party to show them for what they are.

Last edited:

The thing that is so galling about the Tories is that they waste so much money. It's like a fire hose of money being sprayed into the air.

Taxes are at their highest since WW2 and services are at their lowest, all so that they can spunk the money on ideologically-driven vanity projects.

They could give each of the refugees they want to deport to Rwanda £1m each and save the tax payers a fortune. It would be brilliant for the economy too. You know those guys would have their £1m spent by the end of the weekend.

"Invasion on our coasts by illegal immigrants" "Stop the boats" “fuck off back to France” "Lee Anderson” .BLA bla bla.

All the usual cynical and traditional sound-bites from a desperate and corrupt Tory party trying to at least not get wiped out in the next election by employing divide and rule tactics in the hope that immigration will be a vote winner as they try to set people against each other.

They are also now using divide and rule tactics for those who are in work against those who are not and trying to appear tough by claiming they will cut and stop benefits for those out of work.

It's all a distraction by a desperate government more interested in saving the Tory party rather than having the best interests of the United Kingdom and a ploy to whitewash over all the failures of this washed up Tory party hence they employ the classic Tory populist divide-and-rule policy to distract the public from their incompetence.

The fact that all these lies they spout are also supported by the British Tory right wing newspaper press like the Daily Heil, Express and Sun etc is also something people shouldn't forget.

It's playing right into Labours hands, and yet they are not fully capitalising on the Tory lies, corruption and deceit, and it's about time Starmer & Co came off the fence and fully attacked the Tory party to show them for what they are.
Starmer isn't going to say anything. He's working on the principle that he can get into no10 by keeping his trap shut.

Starmer isn't going to say anything. He's working on the principle that he can get into no10 by keeping his trap shut.

Or to look at it another way he letting the Tories destroy themselves. They are in the death rattle now. Just a question of the date the ventilator switched off

He doesn't need to help them. It's not his monkeys or his circus 😉 Don't involve yourself with shit you didn't create. Would you? I wouldn't 😏

Starmer isn't going to say anything. He's working on the principle that he can get into no10 by keeping his trap shut dying Tory part

This dying Tory party is devoid of any new worthwhile polices. Therefore, if Labour said what they are going to do then the Tories would try to steal it just like they did with the Non-dom policy, although I'm sure Rishi & Co will find other ways to get around that in order to protect the millions they have personally hidden away.

This dying Tory party is devoid of any new worthwhile polices. Therefore, if Labour said what they are going to do then the Tories would try to steal it just like they did with the Non-dom policy, although I'm sure Rishi & Co will find other ways to get around that in order to protect the millions they have personally hidden away.
The only thing I would say is that the Tory die hards will still vote Tory, and other Tory voters won't vote Labour, but will vote Reform, who are currently polling at 18% in recent surveys. Although I expect Labour to have a comfortable win, if something big happens prior to the election it could get tighter than many people think, and a Tory/ Reform alliance could be a possibility.

The only thing I would say is that the Tory die hards will still vote Tory, and other Tory voters won't vote Labour, but will vote Reform, who are currently polling at 18% in recent surveys. Although I expect Labour to have a comfortable win, if something big happens prior to the election it could get tighter than many people think, and a Tory/ Reform alliance could be a possibility.

Any political party that has Lee Anderson and Nigel Farage onboard won't be getting my vote, however, it's a free world!