The Politics Thread | Page 756 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Having sat through Q.T last night I am surprised I have a TV left. Scrub that. I was too much in shock at the behaviour of the Tory MP

What a vile, revolting, bullying arsehole that David TC Davies is.

Even Fiona Bruce stepped in as he started name calling and trying to shame Bridget Phillipson (Labour)

He was repugnant, rude and a bully. Most of them just waffle tosh. He, he was bloody scary. There just something about him that was so nasty I'm shuddering writing this

Last edited:
I don't watch QT for my own health now as people know.

But on a similar subject - "thrown" meet good friends "under" and "bus".

The Tory activist allegedly called by an MP in the early hours of the morning asking for money has told the BBC she is "appalled" by the party's response.

Not saying I'm a Truss or a Trump fan, but simply based on the evidence we have, a genuine question: Was the world not a safer place when Trump was POTUS?
Well yes it was. Sleepy Joe took office and look what's happened around the world since. Coincidence?

Well yes it was. Sleepy Joe took office and look what's happened around the world since. Coincidence?

Absolutely not.

Trump sucked Putin off and blamed the FBI and CIA because it was a 'witch hunt'. Turned on Nato (because he doesn't understand the acronym and thinks a country has an out because they have 'shin splints'). He then moved the embassy to a highly contentious area that in no way helped a two State solution in Israel, and funds companies going for the land grab in the West Bank, allied to forming a company in Saudi Arabia which is illegal for a serving President, totally fucked the Afgan withdrawal which he knew would bite Biden and people would fall for it and dropped more bombs in the process but we were talking about how often he grabs pussy.

Nah, Biden's fault.

FFS

Absolutely not.

Trump sucked Putin off and blamed the FBI and CIA because it was a 'witch hunt'. Turned on Nato (because he doesn't understand the acronym and thinks a country has an out because they have 'shin splints'). He then moved the embassy to a highly contentious area that in no way helped a two State solution in Israel, and funds companies going for the land grab in the West Bank, allied to forming a company in Saudi Arabia which is illegal for a serving President, totally fucked the Afgan withdrawal which he knew would bite Biden and people would fall for it and dropped more bombs in the process but we were talking about how often he grabs pussy.

Nah, Biden's fault.

FFS
And off we go again.

Maybe both are to blame.

Rishi's going full broken record again.

Rishi Sunak wants to strip GPs of their power to sign people off work as part of a plan to tackle what he calls the UK's "sick note culture".
The prime minister claims benefits have become a "lifestyle choice" for some, causing a "spiralling" welfare bill.

Has the little man thought that getting people timely treatment might be a better way forward, instead of again trying to link it to utterly minimal fraud and disabled folks claiming PIP - or maybe he'd be inclined to take a look at the tens of millions wasted by the DWP and his bum chums at the likes of Capita as they wilfully fail to do their jobs, and then spend six times more than necessary before their error is ultimately corrected.

And who would these new Guardians of the Sick Note be? The Gov's existing failing agencies no doubt charging a premium for their new service.

I was impatient to get going. Plans had been made. I picked up my phone. “ChatGPT. Write me a memoir in the style of an excitable five-year-old on acid.”
“We’ve only got 10 years to save the west,” I declared solemnly.
“We’d have had a lot longer than that if you hadn’t become prime minister,” replied my husband, Hugh. My rock, as always.

I'm not for Gruaniad opinion pieces as folks know, but this might be the best book review I've ever seen.

‘I’m signing you off work for two weeks’.
As soon as my GP had written the note to my manager, I felt a huge sense of relief.

Re: the Little Man's sick note bollocks obviously.

I don't agree with all of that, but when I was bad, so much chimes with my memory, I am left thinking both I wished I'd wrote it, and only knowing I hadn't because of key lines of difference.

I'm going to stop there, because if this rich prick doesn't get mental health and the damage it can do, he should pay attention to his own party. It's no endorsement of him, but hasn't the TINY thick shit noticed his dissenters say things that would lead to sectioning in real life?

He also works (and is friend's (loose)) with career fraudsters and criminals, but let's ignore that for now.

Maybe he's that weak he thinks fellow MP's are on PIP and disabled and that's why he's cracking down on them. He objects to maternity leave, he objects to those in the House of Lords who can't walk but manage occasionally to defy him?

Maybe he just objects to trousers that fit?

Okay yes, stopping now.

So rishi wants us all to have a thick upper lip, man up and get on with life.

Erm. Has he not had his eyes and ears open the last 15 years and what has slowly been bred into younger generations.

This must be some kind of parody because our way of life has become the exact opposite.

Many posters on here have been mentioning this for a long time now. It's now going to slap your arse on the way out!

It's definitely a society issue that has been developed I think from the start of the new millenium. My dad did not have a day off sick in 44 years working for the same company. As a result I had to be on deaths door to get a day off school and I've taken that into my work, never had more than a week off work in a year, since I started working in 1996.
I'm not saying this is right, people do need mental health days and it's right that people are looked after. But it's evidently having a major impact on our services and our economy.
As for how to fix it, I have no idea.

It's definitely a society issue that has been developed I think from the start of the new millenium. My dad did not have a day off sick in 44 years working for the same company. As a result I had to be on deaths door to get a day off school and I've taken that into my work, never had more than a week off work in a year, since I started working in 1996.
I'm not saying this is right, people do need mental health days and it's right that people are looked after. But it's evidently having a major impact on our services and our economy.
As for how to fix it, I have no idea.
Agree with that. I posted a while back that if I wasn't up and out at 7 o'clock dad would be at the bottom of the stairs hollering up. I don't think in all my working life I had a month off. I was never allowed time of school. My brother is exactly the same. It's habit forming.

Yeah I was exactly the same. Never a day off.

Until my total breakdown. Then I had no choice. But if they demanded I went into school no problem. I will go round all the corridors smacking my head off each doorframe and looking for any way to knock myself out at school instead. Lol

The problem being (especially in a school environment) once you have time off for mental health.... Your days are numbered.

Management will be out to get you (sick bastards) and your lazy colleagues who want to take attention off their lazy work attitude see a weakness......

And they pounce.

Sad but true.

Yeah I was exactly the same. Never a day off.

Until my total breakdown. Then I had no choice. But if they demanded I went into school no problem. I will go round all the corridors smacking my head off each doorframe and looking for any way to knock myself out at school instead. Lol

The problem being (especially in a school environment) once you have time off for mental health.... Your days are numbered.

Management will be out to get you (sick bastards) and your lazy colleagues who want to take attention off their lazy work attitude see a weakness......

And they pounce.

Sad but true.
So, we don't actually live in enlightened times then?
And I assume you are talking about where you now live and work.

So, we don't actually live in enlightened times then?
And I assume you are talking about where you now live and work.
No mate, I am talking about UK. This post goes back to 2017 onwards until I was forced/not forced to hand my resignation in (2019).

But, without this I may not be where I am today. So I am definately not bitter. Things happen for a reason.

Jesus mate if I tried to get signed off for 6 months on a Thai contract my work permit would be cancelled quicker than some posters jump on anti Tory news. Lol.

I've worked with people younger than me who take the piss. One bloke I worked with never did a full week, and made no secret that he wasn't ill, just couldn't be arsed. Management never did a thing about it. When he was in he'd have a 10 fag breaks and a 1 hour poo every day!!
A girl once asked me how many sick days she had left! I said "none unless you're sick!" She said, quite matter of fact "no sorry I mean how many until I get put on review." I said "4." Yep, you've guessed it: she had 4 days off sick.

I dunno how people do it personally, I couldn't live with the guilt.

The way I see it there's no Purple Heart or Victoria Cross waiting for you on retirement for hardly ever going off sick. Organisations will always take the piss out of you and discard you at the drop of a hat if needed so I don't feel too sorry for them.