The Politics Thread | Page 334 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

He addressed these issues as a closet anti-semite hell bent on building a platform for his own far left agenda rather than seriously trying to govern.
Ironically most of those 5 year plans were under Blair's and Browns government, and were all allowed to slide into the long grass.

Thats because he is.😁

As much as he’s biologically a separate human being, when you see his **** of a brother protesting against lockdowns (which are no more) outside the Sarah Everard trial, it really would make you nervous about whether some of those genes and that mentality is brewing somewhere in Corbyn.

It wasn’t just Corbyn that was unelectable, it was his leadership team of Abbot and McDonnell that was just as, if not more, scary.

As much as he’s biologically a separate human being, when you see his **** of a brother protesting against lockdowns (which are no more) outside the Sarah Everard trial, it really would make you nervous about whether some of those genes and that mentality is brewing somewhere in Corbyn.

It wasn’t just Corbyn that was unelectable, it was his leadership team of Abbot and McDonnell that was just as, if not more, scary.
👍

Interesting. Does Berlin Council have the money for 240,000 apartments?

It's not legally binding yet and one of the first questions I had was also this. I mean if even if you price these apartments modestly and only buy half of the stock its still in the billions.

Finland has an interesting model where they decided housing is a right and I watched a quick youtube video last night of Vienna. In Vienna they consistently build apartments, homes, and new neighborhoods. Seems like they've managed to control housing costs to some degree by keeping up with demand.

Thats because he is.😁

Perhaps he was. I don't know enough about him but it seemed clear to me that the press were out for his blood from day one. The establishment really didn't want him nationalising the railways and funding services for the working class.

As you've said yourself, the UK is a basket case and only seems to get worse. Corbyn wanted to shake things up but was constantly attacked by the press for how he dressed or because he had a beard. They never criticised his policies. They didn't want to talk about policies.

The politicians that are deemed acceptable are ones like Bojo and May who will change nothing except cut services to the poor and reduce taxes on the rich while the nation continues its slow decline.

Perhaps he was. I don't know enough about him but it seemed clear to me that the press were out for his blood from day one. The establishment really didn't want him nationalising the railways and funding services for the working class.

Whilst I have no time for Corbyn et al, the media here is overwhelmingly Tory. I guess a thousands if working class labour voters aren’t significant enough shareholders or influential stakeholder in the newspaper or news channel, unlike a rich Tory boy.

As you've said yourself, the UK is a basket case and only seems to get worse. Corbyn wanted to shake things up but was constantly attacked by the press for how he dressed or because he had a beard. They never criticised his policies. They didn't want to talk about policies.

The politicians that are deemed acceptable are ones like Bojo and May who will change nothing except cut services to the poor and reduce taxes on the rich while the nation continues its slow decline.
Corbyn was attacked because he was an out and out Marxist, firmly in the pocket of the hard left that have infiltrated the Labour Party. nothing to do with beards. They would have bankrupted the country, as it happened Covid came along and did it for them.The left wing have ruined Labour, made them totally unelectable. We need a serious center left opposition party in this country to give voters a real choice, and to hold the government of the country to account. This country will never elect a hard left party, and I often thought that if Corbyn and his rag bag Momentum had gotten elected we would have had a coup within a year.

Corbyn was attacked because he was an out and out Marxist, firmly in the pocket of the hard left that have infiltrated the Labour Party. nothing to do with beards. They would have bankrupted the country, as it happened Covid came along and did it for them.The left wing have ruined Labour, made them totally unelectable. We need a serious center left opposition party in this country to give voters a real choice, and to hold the government of the country to account. This country will never elect a hard left party, and I often thought that if Corbyn and his rag bag Momentum had gotten elected we would have had a coup within a year.

I suspect you might be right. The British Establishment are so deeply entrenched and they will fight tooth and nail to remain in power. Even the Army, one of the most working class of all careers is run by toffs from Eton.

Whilst I have no time for Corbyn et al, the media here is overwhelmingly Tory. I guess a thousands if working class labour voters aren’t significant enough shareholders or influential stakeholder in the newspaper or news channel, unlike a rich Tory boy.

I was always amazed at how right wing The Sun was. The most working class of all British papers, singing the virtues of low taxes and going nuts about benefits fraud. Lol

I was always amazed at how right wing The Sun was. The most working class of all British papers, singing the virtues of low taxes and going nuts about benefits fraud. Lol

The Sun should be the stereotypical Labour voter, but it’s probably more reflective of the working class areas who have turned Tory.

Boris Johnson’s government has made a dramatic U-turn in an attempt to save Christmas – with a raft of extended emergency visas to help abate labour shortages that have led to empty shelves and petrol station queues.

New immigration measures will allow 300 fuel drivers to arrive immediately and stay until the end of March, while 100 army drivers will take to the roads from Monday, the government announced late on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...to-get-visas-in-major-u-turn-by-boris-johnson

Boris Johnson’s government has made a dramatic U-turn in an attempt to save Christmas – with a raft of extended emergency visas to help abate labour shortages that have led to empty shelves and petrol station queues.

New immigration measures will allow 300 fuel drivers to arrive immediately and stay until the end of March, while 100 army drivers will take to the roads from Monday, the government announced late on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...to-get-visas-in-major-u-turn-by-boris-johnson
If only there was a comprehensive two-way system to allow free movement of labour to feed market demands.

I see Bojo's new plan to save wasting piggy's is to pay workers more.

Yup, as a totally unskilled butcher myself, for £5 an hour more I've suddenly got 20 years of experience and the stomach to do that job.