The Politics Thread | Page 306 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I suspect that Bojo and the crew feel that they are above accountability. Perhaps they are?

They continue acting like they are and this is where Covid is protecting them, we already know the likes of Brady et al aren't happy with Boris - but who'd want the job right now?

I suspect that Bojo and the crew feel that they are above accountability. Perhaps they are?

They are in some respects, there is certainly no recourse at least. We seem to have wait for the Tory backbenchers to have had enough. as Labour are so far off, the Tories don’t need to worry about polls.

It’s a shockingly sad situation we are in, when expenses scandals (tiny sums in reality), ruined political careers, and now cabinet minister after cabinet minister can act unlawfully and according to Bozo the “matter is now closed”.

Bring back boring politicians with integrity.

They are in some respects, there is certainly no recourse at least. We seem to have wait for the Tory backbenchers to have had enough. as Labour are so far off, the Tories don’t need to worry about polls.

It’s a shockingly sad situation we are in, when expenses scandals (tiny sums in reality), ruined political careers, and now cabinet minister after cabinet minister can act unlawfully and according to Bozo the “matter is now closed”.

Bring back boring politicians with integrity.

Britain is waiting for someone like you, Dan.

Was just coming on to show his hypocrisy.

Prof Ferguson quit as a government adviser after the Telegraph reported that a woman he was said to be in a relationship with had visited his home in lockdown.
At the time, Mr Hancock told Sky News that it was "just not possible" for Prof Ferguson to continue advising the government.
He said the social distancing rules "are there for everyone" and are "deadly serious".

Glad he has resigned, only via pressure, not decency. Hope he now gets deselected for the next general election, or defeated.

His earlier statement said he would continue in role, so I guess we can count this as another Gov u-turn as well.

I agree, although I did half expect him to brazen it out.

With the sheer, breathtaking arrogance of these people and the contempt in which they hold the general public, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if he'd stayed in post.

I suspect the clock was ticking to the end of July and a cheeky cabinet reshuffle, demoting him to minister for village fetes or some junior role

Boris has fucked up by not sacking him or Cummings. That’s a leader, someone who can make the big, tough decisions.

Cunmings did say he didn’t like making these calls and would come out with some Churchill style comment to avoid making the big calls.

I feel for the partners and children of this pair of tossers. I really do. Imagine being them now. Heart breaks really.
But affairs I guess are part of being a nobhead human i suppose.
What makes me mad is the total lack of empathy for the British public and total hypocrisy.
People have lost homes and businesses because people can't get close to one another.
Then the bloke who makes us all go through this doesn't give a toss and has hanky panky whenever he likes it seems.
He needs to be put in front of a judge for this.